Another raffle Win! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 26-07-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Tyne and Wear
Another raffle Win!

Today at North East Detailing i won the raffle, which makes it twice in a row! Last time i won Dodo Juice Supernatural and this time this little haul! Its all the Dodo Juice stuff. I bought the brush and Zymol Spray.

The Austintacious Wax is a very limited run to commemorate the Minis anniversary. 539 pots made, 1 for every 10000 minis produced. Its red white blue throughout the tub which looks cool.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: -
I love Lime Prime and lime prime light. I haven't tried the waxes yet but Dodo Juice reccomended Light Fantastic for my car so I'm buying some tomorrow

Personally I'd leave the Austintacious wax, as far as I'm aware it's no better than any other Dodo Juice wax but it could be worth a few quid on the second hand market.
AO Silver Member

County: Western Cape

Member car:

Alfa 156 GTA

You lucky sod!

Other than the raffle win, how did the show and shine go?

Incidentally, that Daytona brush is one of the best on the market.
AO Silver Member

County: Northamptonshire

Member car:

159 2.4 Lusso

i've just been to halfords and utilised their 3 for 2 offer.
zymol autowash
zymol leather cleaner
AG custom wheel cleaner
(Post Link) post #5 of 5 Old 28-07-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Tyne and Wear
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,500RPM View Post
I love Lime Prime and lime prime light. I haven't tried the waxes yet but Dodo Juice reccomended Light Fantastic for my car so I'm buying some tomorrow

Personally I'd leave the Austintacious wax, as far as I'm aware it's no better than any other Dodo Juice wax but it could be worth a few quid on the second hand market.
As it was free i thought it best to get a limited product, only 539 in the world Im having trouble finding out what its similar to in their line. Other than that it wouldve been Purple Haze or Blue Velvet. As i got the panel pot for light cars im gonna change it to one of those 2 and try and change my Red Mist for some Need 4 Speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by springbok View Post
You lucky sod!

Other than the raffle win, how did the show and shine go?

Incidentally, that Daytona brush is one of the best on the market.
I didnt win the S & S It was a bloody disaster to be fair. Got up at 6am on sunday and started creeping about like fool trying to fill buckets up etc. Washed with 2BM, rinsed and dried off and polished with some AG SRP and things were looking up from the day before when a monster hangover scuppered my attempts! (the car was left half buffed with SRP all over it as i ran in and chucked for england!) To be safe i dropped a coat of Poor Boys Black Hole next....oooo now things are looking up! Next up was a coat of Clear Kote Yellow Moose Glaze Wax which i have to recommend! Its a glaze/pre wax wax if that makes sense???? Anyway as i started buffing it off the heavens opened! I frantically carried on buffing but it just wasnt coming off, mearly rubbing round the panels! In the parts i had done for some reason i got the Clear Kote Canauba Moose Cream Wax out and tried to dry the panel then apply it! What a mare, this was a monumental **** up! The car now looked like it was covered in white emulsion or something! Now its 9.30 am and its really peeing down now! I replied to a text from N E Detailing about the crap weather and told them my plight and asked if i could go over and dry the car off inside and finish it off. Yes was the response so i dived in the shower after applying a coat of PB Wheel Sealant in the rain and got all my towels etc in the car and headed off down the A1 to the shop. When i got there another guy had beaten me too it and was snow foaming his car. Aaarrgh, my car was shocking and there was already people there! I eventually got the Jetwash, sprayed it down and dried it off. A few people started helping me and we were getting somewhere when it started raing again. Just then the guy moved his car out of the valet bay and i went in. At this point chris who lent me the Clear Kote stuff continued to help me with his friend also. We put on the coat of Moose Wax and the car looked bloody amazing! Best ive ever seen it but i didnt take a pic until i took it outside and it was sprayed. By then the dust had stuck to the rain and it looked pap within minutes lol. A few people passed comment jokingly that i was cheating while i had it in the bay lol and votes had been done already. 1 of the marks was for beading but my car was inside so had none. I took it outside and sprayed it for beading but votes had been done by now with people just guessing i think The raffle was announced and everyone was in shock i had won it again! I did use tactical ticket buying though and probs bought 70% of the tickets The guy totting up asked what number i was as he added the scores and the running joke was that i WAS not going to win under any circumstances Even in the weeks leading up to the event. So in the end there was 3 happy people, me and the 2 guys who won pre 02 and post 02. They got the same wax and the new DJ Wookie Mitt which is bloody huge!
Show & shine day Sunday 26th July at North East detailing - Page 8 - Detailing World
The Vectra won Pre 02 and the Saab won Post 02. Both were stunning in the flesh i'll say!
The morral of the story is if it rains just go to look or dont go atall The subaru wasnt involved thank god as its a concours car! It wasnt a serious thing really tbh, just agood day amongst amatuers and begginers
Now i just need a bloody garage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
i've just been to halfords and utilised their 3 for 2 offer.
zymol autowash
zymol leather cleaner
AG custom wheel cleaner
Oooo, Zymol Autowash is meant to be great!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/philwhittaker/

XBOX LIVE & PS Network: GIZTO29

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Car Detailing

Tags
raffle , win

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page