What should i expect to pay to have alloys refurbed? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 23-07-09 Thread Starter
AO Gold Member

County: Brokopondo
What should i expect to pay to have alloys refurbed?

Hi, not sure if this is the correct lounge on which to ask this question? My logic is that its car detailing so... have managed to get my mits on a set of alloys from the early 1990's and they are quite tired and in need of refurb So! can anyone advise me as to what i can expect to pay to restore these 4 rims to their former glory? What i should look out for when choosing a refurbisher? Any new potions that i should insist should be applied ie: a super duper laquer!?

Any advice will be much appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

Member car:

145 Cloverleaf

Up this way it about 45 a wheel.
AO Platinum Member

Ah..

A fella with a van who can come round, move the tyres away from the rims and then give them a quick smoothing/repair of any scuffs followed by a spray-job will charge you about 40 a wheel to be sure.

You may want or be better off with a more comprehensive refurb.

Wheels Works UK | Alloy Wheel Refinishing. Full factory refurbishment, powder coat, wetspray and custom finishes. seems to be a pukka outfit. They'll have your tyres off the rims altogether, check for any damage (run-out and buckling as well as just scuffs and scrapes) and then hammer.. .. I mean "apply professional repair techniques" to get the wheel perfectly round and true. Then they'll strip off the old finish completely and give your wheels brand new paint (is it these days?) in whatever colour you fancy.

They could be a bit dearer.. depending on the damage they find when they spin your wheels up.. but your wheels will be like new. I was round there having an autopsy on my dead Mille Miglia Evo's and I saw loads of wheels in lots of finishes.. look reeeally pukka.

Dunno about price but my MM's, which were bent in every direction (up, down and from side to side/offset and so many buckles and you name it that the wheels were almost round again, if they weren't so mullah'd) we were talking about 80 a wheel.

They're in Crawley and seem to be open at 7am, so you can almost pop round on your way to work.

Ralf S.

No bullets for Chaingun..
AO Member

County: Cambridgeshire
yep We charge 40 per wheel for refurbing
AO Silver Member

County: Cambridgeshire
i have seen it done for as low as 25 per wheel but IMHO you get what you pay for so id sooner pay around the 40-50 per wheel mark to know that its getting done right

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Car Detailing

Tags
alloys , expect , pay , refurbed

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page