Best Glue!? Upholestry Related - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 21-07-09 Thread Starter
AO Gold Member

County: Brokopondo
Best Glue!? Upholestry Related

Hi,

Think i may have a 'How To' soon!?

See many threads on here about owners discussing getting their seats reupholestered and paying a serious amount of money to have the job done!

I believe i have a better solution, no, i know i have a better solution, simply find a car with same interior as your own, mine being a P1 lusso with silver stitching, take the passenger seat from the car as this seat will probably be in better condition? remove the centre section and side swabs and glue and mount to your existing drivers seat.

My question is what would be a good adhesive glue for this job, i need it good quality and long lasting as this is where my butt is going to reside! I noticed that the centre section of the lower seat was previously only glued in place and clamped around the edges. So! i guessing the glue must be pretty strong!

Any of you guys recommend a suitable glue to remount the bum section of seat?

Regards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Western Cape

Member car:

Alfa 156 GTA

Some sort of twin pack epoxy maybe?.....or a glue gun?

Really not sure. I only know how to clean em, not fix em.
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 23-07-09 Thread Starter
AO Gold Member

County: Brokopondo
Hi springbok, ive just ordered a tin of this stuff and i hope that it does the job?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...#ht_1112wt_941

if your drivers seat is looking tired mate, especially the base from getting in and out, then i recommend you do this job as the seat looks brand new!
Once you have the swabs removed, you will see either side of the seats where the side swabs mount, you will see a metal frame, bend this back upright and the result is you have perfect bucket seats with the base of a passenger seat(little used) redeployed as Drivers seat and the interior looks brand new!! All in, now that i know what im doing, i would say including removal of seat from car its approx 2 hr job and thats remounting back into car. I will take a pic or two at weekend and you will see what i mean

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Car Detailing

Tags
glue , related , upholestry

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page