Dodo Juice Supernatural V MiTo Round 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 22 Old 13-07-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Tyne and Wear
Dodo Juice Supernatural V MiTo Round 2

DJ Supernatural Vs MiTo Round 2 - Detailing World
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

Looking fabulous!!

You know - if you want more practice I can bring my baby round to you!!
AO Silver Member

County: -

Last edited by Janitor; 15-07-09 at 22:22.
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janitor View Post
Phil definitely needs more practice Coley - he never washes his pride and joy and it breaks my heart to see such neglect...

(great work matey )

Haha! That's just what I thought - hence my very kind offer of allowing him to clean my car!!
AO Silver Member

County: Northumberland
Looks fantastic Phil.

You owe yourself that Lumix, £260ish I think off t'internet! You know you want to
(Post Link) post #6 of 22 Old 13-07-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Ha ha ha, thanks everyone! Must have that camera!
AO Silver Member

County: Western Cape

Member car:

Alfa 156 GTA

Your car is looking stunning mate. I love your posts and your enthusiasm is infectious.

Did you ever sort out those swirls or is there so much wax on there that you can't see them?
(Post Link) post #8 of 22 Old 15-07-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by springbok View Post
Your car is looking stunning mate. I love your posts and your enthusiasm is infectious.

Did you ever sort out those swirls or is there so much wax on there that you can't see them?
Ha ha, thanks very much mate! it means alot as ive only got into this since March! I always get hooked with new things lol. The swirls are still there and ive yet to strike a pose with the G220! Theres a show and shine event at the local detailers on the 26th July so im gonna have to raise my game and crack open the box for that! It could end in tears though
If i dont get that sorted do you think i could clean the car then apply a coat of PB Black Hole Glaze over the wax then spritz a coat of Citrus Bling over it? Both prducts are waesome for shine! It would seem such a shame to remove 2 coats of Supernatural after a week but hey whatever it takes to win right??

http://www.flickr.com/photos/philwhittaker/

XBOX LIVE & PS Network: GIZTO29
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Alfa 156 GTA

I can't really answer your question as I am not familiar with those products.

However as a general comment what I can say is that detailing perfectionists will always try and judges at competitions will always look for, a well prepared and properly corrected car. I have seen lots of cars which have multiple layers of all kinds of wax on them but when you look at them in the sun or under halogens, they are covered in swirls/holograms/buffer trails.

It's 80% in the preparation and 20% in the LSP.
(Post Link) post #10 of 22 Old 17-07-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by springbok View Post
I can't really answer your question as I am not familiar with those products.

However as a general comment what I can say is that detailing perfectionists will always try and judges at competitions will always look for, a well prepared and properly corrected car. I have seen lots of cars which have multiple layers of all kinds of wax on them but when you look at them in the sun or under halogens, they are covered in swirls/holograms/buffer trails.

It's 80% in the preparation and 20% in the LSP.
I know what youre saying mate as my car is just that. It looks awesome but in direct sunlight its hello swirls! No buffer marks like but i do see the odd wax hologram on the doors which i put down to my poor application! Less is more i think is the wax way!
To be fair i bet even a few weeks after a top machine polish the swirls rear their evil head? I mean ive seen swirls on the edge of our bath (ocd attack) and i know there aint no grit going on the sponge that cleans it!
This show is quite light hearted to be honest as most of the people going are new to it all. No concours crazyness so you never know, i may come away with a prize!
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Alfa 156 GTA

Well you deserve a prize, the effort you put in. Good luck mate.
AO Member

looks really good, ive just picked up a brand new vehicle which is black , so Im not going to abuse it with a car wash
what wash and polish stuff do you use? I'll be doing it by hand and where did you get it from thanks
(Post Link) post #13 of 22 Old 18-07-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonp View Post
looks really good, ive just picked up a brand new vehicle which is black , so Im not going to abuse it with a car wash
what wash and polish stuff do you use? I'll be doing it by hand and where did you get it from thanks
Phew, where to start!
For washing i have Valet Pro Citrus Pre Wash which is spritzed on the lower part of the car and badges/door shuts etc and left to dwell for 5 mins.
Next up are the wheels. Valet Pro Bilberry Safe Wheel Cleaner sprayed and left to dwell for 5 then jetwashed off. Awesome Stuff!
Then i use a Snow Foam Lance which basically turns your car into a giant ice cream! Left to dwell for about 10 mins and then a rinse.
Next up i use Poorboys Super Slick & Suds Wax Friendly Shampoo with 2 buckets. One with the shampoo in and one for rinsing. My rinsing one has a grit guard in.
Next up the car is rinsed and spritzed with Detailing Spray as i dry with a Giant Drying Towel. The Spray helps avoid streaking and watermarks.
Next up i either polish the car with Auto Glym Super Resin Polish or use Dodo juice Lime Prime which is a pre wax cleanser and polish.
Once removed i apply a Glaze, Poor Boys Black Hole. This stuff is awesome and so easy to apply and remove. It fills swirls and gives the paint an amazing wetlook. Put this top of your list!

I usually do the glass next with either AG Fast Glass or one of my Quick Detail Sprays.

Next i apply a Wax, i have various different ones.
Proper Waxes:
Auto Glym HD Wax
Poorboys Natty Blue Wax (dark cars)
Dodo Juice Rainforest Rub, Hard candy (30ml Panel Pots) & Supernatural 250ml Pot
RaceGlaze 42 Tester Pot

Spray Waxes:
Auto Glym Aquawax
Valet Pro Citrus Bling (this stuff is great as it can be diluted for different uses like Detail Spray, Clay Lube and Glass Polish!)

I have Dodo Juice Red Mist which i applied over my wax 2 hours later. Its a Sealant Spray which gives a lovely addition to the Wax but really should be applied after 24 hrs ive learned since.
Wheels are sealed with Poorboys Wheel Sealant which helps keep the brake dust off and gives them a lovely shine. Just got this stuff.

LAstly i apply Chemical Guys New Look Trim Gel to the tyres and all plastics which is also great stuff and you barely use any!

If the car gets dusty midweek i'll use a Quick Detail Spray to spruce it up again. My favourite one is Poorboys QD+. It can be used for loads of things apart from the body work. As i mentioned Glass and also plastics wheels etc.
I do have a few variations of products i use such as Megs Gold Class Shampoo and i also have Clay which ive yet to use do to usually doing the car in direct sunlight when i wash it. That sounds daft considerring i live in Newcastle doesnt it
Ive also just bought a G220 DA Polishing Machine but have also not used that yet.....im scared
AO Member

wow a lot of washing thanks it gives me an idea of what to get
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIZTO29 View Post
Phew, where to start!
For washing i have Valet Pro Citrus Pre Wash which is spritzed on the lower part of the car and badges/door shuts etc and left to dwell for 5 mins.
Next up are the wheels. Valet Pro Bilberry Safe Wheel Cleaner sprayed and left to dwell for 5 then jetwashed off. Awesome Stuff!
Then i use a Snow Foam Lance which basically turns your car into a giant ice cream! Left to dwell for about 10 mins and then a rinse.
Next up i use Poorboys Super Slick & Suds Wax Friendly Shampoo with 2 buckets. One with the shampoo in and one for rinsing. My rinsing one has a grit guard in.
Next up the car is rinsed and spritzed with Detailing Spray as i dry with a Giant Drying Towel. The Spray helps avoid streaking and watermarks.
Next up i either polish the car with Auto Glym Super Resin Polish or use Dodo juice Lime Prime which is a pre wax cleanser and polish.
Once removed i apply a Glaze, Poor Boys Black Hole. This stuff is awesome and so easy to apply and remove. It fills swirls and gives the paint an amazing wetlook. Put this top of your list!

I usually do the glass next with either AG Fast Glass or one of my Quick Detail Sprays.

Next i apply a Wax, i have various different ones.
Proper Waxes:
Auto Glym HD Wax
Poorboys Natty Blue Wax (dark cars)
Dodo Juice Rainforest Rub, Hard candy (30ml Panel Pots) & Supernatural 250ml Pot
RaceGlaze 42 Tester Pot

Spray Waxes:
Auto Glym Aquawax
Valet Pro Citrus Bling (this stuff is great as it can be diluted for different uses like Detail Spray, Clay Lube and Glass Polish!)

I have Dodo Juice Red Mist which i applied over my wax 2 hours later. Its a Sealant Spray which gives a lovely addition to the Wax but really should be applied after 24 hrs ive learned since.
Wheels are sealed with Poorboys Wheel Sealant which helps keep the brake dust off and gives them a lovely shine. Just got this stuff.

LAstly i apply Chemical Guys New Look Trim Gel to the tyres and all plastics which is also great stuff and you barely use any!

If the car gets dusty midweek i'll use a Quick Detail Spray to spruce it up again. My favourite one is Poorboys QD+. It can be used for loads of things apart from the body work. As i mentioned Glass and also plastics wheels etc.
I do have a few variations of products i use such as Megs Gold Class Shampoo and i also have Clay which ive yet to use do to usually doing the car in direct sunlight when i wash it. That sounds daft considerring i live in Newcastle doesnt it
Ive also just bought a G220 DA Polishing Machine but have also not used that yet.....im scared

Hi!

Took my car to NE Detailing as you recommended - good bunch of guys!

Car looks great - I'll never get it like that myself -they snow foamed it, clayed it, other stuff (can't remember!) waxed etc and also did the alloys so that they will be easier to clean and the brake dust won't grip. Did buy a few bits and bobs to have a go myself, but need to keep it all very simple! Got Dodo Juice Sour Power and some Citrus Bling along with a wash mit and drying cloth & a grit guard. They also gave me a sample of the Bilberry Wheel Cleaner - so.............maybe next week I'll have a go! EEK!
(Post Link) post #16 of 22 Old 18-07-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleyflower View Post
Hi!

Took my car to NE Detailing as you recommended - good bunch of guys!

Car looks great - I'll never get it like that myself -they snow foamed it, clayed it, other stuff (can't remember!) waxed etc and also did the alloys so that they will be easier to clean and the brake dust won't grip. Did buy a few bits and bobs to have a go myself, but need to keep it all very simple! Got Dodo Juice Sour Power and some Citrus Bling along with a wash mit and drying cloth & a grit guard. They also gave me a sample of the Bilberry Wheel Cleaner - so.............maybe next week I'll have a go! EEK!
Gettin there! So glad you took it over! Poorboys wheel sealant was it? Ive just got some and applied it last week and it works a treat! Hope you took some pics!??
I'll have to up my game now lol Like you say a greta bunch of lads! DIdi they let you sniff and look at the products etc? Better than buying off some random website imo!

Last edited by GIZTO29; 18-07-09 at 20:00.
AO Member

I can't remember what it was on the wheels. I didn't take any pics - got back to my parents - vacuumed inside then it started to bliddy rain!!

Hopefully I might get some taken tomorrow! Is it possible to up your game - surely you are at the top! as long as I can wash and dry it without scratching it then get the citrus bling on I'll be happy!

They didn't have a huge amount of stock in as they are going to Croft and most of their stock has gone there - they just about had the stuff they sold me!! The grit guard was about the only one they had and they had been using it so they sold that for about half price and threw in a dodo juice spritz bottle for the citrus bling - good guys!! The goodies I've got smell good enough to eat!!

I would have liked to go over next weekend but it is my Godson's birthday and I am required there!

David said they are looking at setting up a service where you can get a 'mini valet' (I guess that's what it would be) for about £20 ish - would def be interested in that!

Anyway will definately go back there - may even bump into you sometime - sounds like you are keeping them in business from what you have said you've bought!
(Post Link) post #18 of 22 Old 19-07-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleyflower View Post
I can't remember what it was on the wheels. I didn't take any pics - got back to my parents - vacuumed inside then it started to bliddy rain!!

Hopefully I might get some taken tomorrow! Is it possible to up your game - surely you are at the top! as long as I can wash and dry it without scratching it then get the citrus bling on I'll be happy!

They didn't have a huge amount of stock in as they are going to Croft and most of their stock has gone there - they just about had the stuff they sold me!! The grit guard was about the only one they had and they had been using it so they sold that for about half price and threw in a dodo juice spritz bottle for the citrus bling - good guys!! The goodies I've got smell good enough to eat!!

I would have liked to go over next weekend but it is my Godson's birthday and I am required there!

David said they are looking at setting up a service where you can get a 'mini valet' (I guess that's what it would be) for about £20 ish - would def be interested in that!

Anyway will definately go back there - may even bump into you sometime - sounds like you are keeping them in business from what you have said you've bought!
Im so glad it turned out well! Theyre top lads and offer a great service especially to the newbie with invaluable advice on any level! the fact that theyre so busy speaks volumes! Im soooo jelous of you gettin the Mito pimped by 'the pros'! I am so beneath these guys its funny but hey im aiming high! Welcome to the world of 1: a lovely car and 2etailing! lol
Smallville

That sure looks fab mate!!

I aint washed my bella for nearly 4weeks on Monday because I aint used her at all

One question though, how do you clean your calipers?

(Post Link) post #20 of 22 Old 19-07-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville View Post
That sure looks fab mate!!

I aint washed my bella for nearly 4weeks on Monday because I aint used her at all

One question though, how do you clean your calipers?
Erm.......to be fair i dont put any effort into it smalls, just VP bilberry 1:5 spray
PS...ive missed you bud!

Last edited by GIZTO29; 19-07-09 at 01:31.
Smallville

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIZTO29 View Post
Erm.......to be fair i dont put any effort into it smalls, just VP bilberry 1:5 spray
Ok cool

Im going to be doing mine once the car is back on the road and back to a few Alfa meets, gotta say my beading is still fantastic after a month of dust on it

AO Silver Member

Member car:

Alfa 156 GTA

Calipers - you need to use a separate bucket of car shampoo and a brush to get all the brake dust etc off. If yours are already painted and in good nick then an application of wheel wax (poorboys, rimwax etc) helps.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Car Detailing

Tags
dodo , juice , mito , round , supernatural

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page