Hand-held Vacuum Cleaners - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 17 Old 14-06-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Northumberland
Hmmm Hand-held Vacuum Cleaners

Does anyone have any opinions on these or is getting out the dyson the only option?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

0of0

Bigger suck = better clean

AO Silver Member

County: Tyne and Wear
I have a Black & Decker 3.6v Dustbuster which is wet & dry and cost about £20. I have to say, the fact that you have to charge it for approx 16-24 hours for 8 mins is pretty lame and the dyson for cars only lasts 5 mins although i think it'll charge alot quicker. I'd stick with the proper Dyson.
jay w

we have the Vax one, it's excellent.

Initial charge is 24 hours and it lasts for about 45 mins, as it gets towards the end it is a bit feeble but i only ever use it as a way of mopping up the small bits, if it is really bad i will get the hoover out

(Post Link) post #5 of 17 Old 14-06-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay w View Post
we have the Vax one, it's excellent.

Initial charge is 24 hours and it lasts for about 45 mins, as it gets towards the end it is a bit feeble but i only ever use it as a way of mopping up the small bits, if it is really bad i will get the hoover out
Thanks Jay, is the one you speak of this one...

Vax Hand Held Cleaner

45 mins should do the trick, thats plenty! So does it charge via the wall socket or through your cigarette lighter socket?

The reason I was asking as it would be a lot easier then getting the Hoover out every time! But if it does what you say its defiantly worth the cash. How do you find the attachments for cleaning every nook and cranny!
mikebrown

never ever found a hand held any good...extension cable and our henry usually does the trick

(Post Link) post #7 of 17 Old 14-06-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIZTO29 View Post
I have a Black & Decker 3.6v Dustbuster which is wet & dry and cost about £20. I have to say, the fact that you have to charge it for approx 16-24 hours for 8 mins is pretty lame and the dyson for cars only lasts 5 mins although i think it'll charge alot quicker. I'd stick with the proper Dyson.
Thanks for eliminating all them as I had heard of them and was going to look into getting them! Not anymore, 8 mins is very poor indeed! And 5 mins from the Dyson is even poorer from such and innoventive brand!
jay w

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpoolck View Post
Thanks Jay, is the one you speak of this one...

Vax Hand Held Cleaner

45 mins should do the trick, thats plenty! So does it charge via the wall socket or through your cigarette lighter socket?

The reason I was asking as it would be a lot easier then getting the Hoover out every time! But if it does what you say its defiantly worth the cash. How do you find the attachments for cleaning every nook and cranny!
that's the fella

the attachments are pretty good and they get into most of the places i want them to go...

when i first get a new used car i give it a really good clean out, and that is done with a normal hoover, from there keeping the interior clean with the handheld is a doddle

jay w

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebrown View Post
never ever found a hand held any good...extension cable and our henry usually does the trick
a henry will suck the chrome off a bumper, they are really good

(Post Link) post #10 of 17 Old 14-06-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay w View Post
that's the fella

the attachments are pretty good and they get into most of the places i want them to go...

when i first get a new used car i give it a really good clean out, and that is done with a normal hoover, from there keeping the interior clean with the handheld is a doddle
Yeah thats what I would use it for, just to "keep on top" of things, obviously if it was in a right state then getting the dyson out is the only option, I would know a hand held wouldnt be up to the job!
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

147 GTA

Never come accross a good one yet, they all suck IMHO (no pun intended!)

Global Mod Team

Member car:

AMG C63 estate

I've always found them a bit rubbish in the past, but we got a dirt devil one a few weeks back which has a properly motorised brush bar on it (quite cleverly designed to achieve that actually) and it works brilliantly.
This one in fact:
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4062800/Trail/searchtext>DIRT+DEVIL.htm
(Post Link) post #13 of 17 Old 15-06-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazza View Post
I've always found them a bit rubbish in the past, but we got a dirt devil one a few weeks back which has a properly motorised brush bar on it (quite cleverly designed to achieve that actually) and it works brilliantly.
This one in fact:
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4062800/Trail/searchtext>DIRT+DEVIL.htm
Thanks for that, does it pick up most dirt etc? And how long does the battery on it last?
Global Mod Team

Member car:

AMG C63 estate

Don't really know how long it lasts. It's never run out on me. With the brushbar attachment on it, it picks up fantastically - as well as our full size vacuum.
It can be a bit hard to get into smaller nooks and crannies though, and it's not quite as good with the other attachments.
I'm very pleased with it though.
AO Platinum Member

I use a brush and a dust-pan.

Ralf S.
(Post Link) post #16 of 17 Old 16-06-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf S. View Post
I use a brush and a dust-pan.

Ralf S.

Old School!

Hoover everytime.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Car Detailing

Tags
cleaners , handheld , vacuum

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page