DODO Juice anybody used it ? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 22 Old 09-06-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Cambridgeshire
DODO Juice anybody used it ?

Just ordered a sample wax kit from DoDo Juice heard its really good stuff just wonderd if anybody has used it ??

Dodo Juice - Home of handmade car care.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Surrey

Member car:

GTV 2.0 TS Lusso

Hi Meaner25,

It's all good stuff. Used it in the past and gives an excellent glossy wet finish. Good protection and water repelling
(Post Link) post #3 of 22 Old 09-06-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

sweet ! is it best used by hand or aplicator ??
AO Member

County: Essex
This link may be useful :-
Detailing World - A world for detailers by detailers.
On that forum, the Dodo stuff seems pretty highly rated, especially for dark coloured cars.
Not yet tried it myself though.
Matt.
(Post Link) post #5 of 22 Old 09-06-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

should be giving the once over 2nite if the stuff turns up ill keep ya posted
AO Rosso Alfa Member

Dads got some dodo wax i've used on my car before mega easy to get off and it looks great
Darren156

Confusing website that Dodo Juice, but apparently brilliant stuff according to detailing world,

Darren156

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby278278 View Post
mega easy to get off and it looks great
Sounds a bit like yourself!!!

AO Rosso Alfa Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren156 View Post
Sounds a bit like yourself!!!

jay w

i use dodo blue velvet for the final wax and then red mist as a sealer

the car looks wet when i have finished and it smells great, dodo products always have a unique smell, blue velvet smells of bubblegum

AO Silver Member

County: Tyne and Wear
Aye, its great stuff and the sample wax 30ml pots are a bloody great idea! I have Hard Candy & Rainforest Rub. I applied by hand and have to say it was a great experience! You can easily do a full car with one 30ml tub.£5 rather than £33 for a big tub and it means you can have a few different ones. I also have Lime Prime Pre Wax Cleanser and Red Mist. They all smell awesome!
jav
AO Member

County: Derbyshire
I use the hard candy on my white ibiza (soon to be Mito) and its great. I use the lime prime (lite version) after claying and then apply 2 layers of wax by hand, its so easy to apply and polish off and smells delicious!! I bought a large pot as I never imagined my head would be turned by another car. Now I've ordered a car in black so have no use for it but will be ordering the appropriate dodo juice products soon.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jav View Post
I use the hard candy on my white ibiza (soon to be Mito) and its great. I use the lime prime (lite version) after claying and then apply 2 layers of wax by hand, its so easy to apply and polish off and smells delicious!! I bought a large pot as I never imagined my head would be turned by another car. Now I've ordered a car in black so have no use for it but will be ordering the appropriate dodo juice products soon.
Hey mate, the Hard Candy is generic as is teh Rainforest Rub so isnt colour specific. I would just buy the sample 30ml pots for £5 if you want to try sumic else
AO Gold Member

County: West Midlands
tried,
used,
converted
best shine ever, way cheper than a respray, used with Lime Prime, its getting on for being that good.

HTH
AO Silver Member

Member car:

145 Cloverleaf

I brought a tester pot from the stand at Auto Italia, Blue Velvet. Tis good stuff and yea, they make it smell good! I am being told by my local car detailing place that its too comercial based and that i should try some "signature 55". Not sure what that is yet but i wil try and have a blast and get back to you guys.

Do like the dodo juice but only gives about the same shine as what i currently use which is Raceglaze Créme Perfection. But this is a polish and wax mixed together.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by langers View Post
I brought a tester pot from the stand at Auto Italia, Blue Velvet. Tis good stuff and yea, they make it smell good! I am being told by my local car detailing place that its too comercial based and that i should try some "signature 55". Not sure what that is yet but i wil try and have a blast and get back to you guys.

Do like the dodo juice but only gives about the same shine as what i currently use which is Raceglaze Créme Perfection. But this is a polish and wax mixed together.
Im thinking you mean Chemical Guys Petes 53? Its meant to be the nuts and is only £22. I have it on my list
jav
AO Member

County: Derbyshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIZTO29 View Post
Hey mate, the Hard Candy is generic as is teh Rainforest Rub so isnt colour specific. I would just buy the sample 30ml pots for £5 if you want to try sumic else
Thanks for that I double checked...its the diamond white I actually have not the hard candy lol (wasn't with it at the time of posting obviously!). I'm sticking with white for the Mito so no need to get rid of the wax now! But yes, the sample pots are great espedially as you dont need to use much.
(Post Link) post #18 of 22 Old 16-06-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

waxed my car three times now with the sample pot and still have more than half left good stuff i must admit
AO Silver Member

Member car:

145 Cloverleaf

Well, iv used the Dodo blue velve a few coats now. Still got about 2/3'd of the pot left! But dont think i will be using it again.

I found that it leave smears marks on the panels. Tried alot and tried a little so find out wether it was my technique, had my next door nab try it, same result (he enjoys detailing cars aswell). We both have black cars, used clean microfibres and a clean turn once buffed off, Dont get me wrong, is good stuff when not viewing in direct sunlight, but when the light does hit it, it smears are apparent.

Think i may stick with my Crém Perfection for the time being.

GIZTO - It is the Signature 55 wax im talking about. Things like the AG High Def wax contains 40% Cab wax, this contains IIRC 55%. Heres a link:
Race Glaze Signature 55 Wax RG-SS-55

Last edited by langers; 17-06-09 at 12:07.
AO Platinum Member

Try the Poorboys Natty Blue wax. That smells of bubblegum too and it wipes off really easily. No powder and no smears at all (black car).

Ralf S.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

145 Cloverleaf

The DoDo juice is exactly the above, a really easy product to use, just the dam smears it leaves!

Found a tester pot for the sig 55:

55 SIGNATURE SERIES WAX SAMPLE - £5.00 : Glossmax, Achieve the Ultimate Gloss!
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by langers View Post
Well, iv used the Dodo blue velve a few coats now. Still got about 2/3'd of the pot left! But dont think i will be using it again.

I found that it leave smears marks on the panels. Tried alot and tried a little so find out wether it was my technique, had my next door nab try it, same result (he enjoys detailing cars aswell). We both have black cars, used clean microfibres and a clean turn once buffed off, Dont get me wrong, is good stuff when not viewing in direct sunlight, but when the light does hit it, it smears are apparent.

Think i may stick with my Crém Perfection for the time being.

GIZTO - It is the Signature 55 wax im talking about. Things like the AG High Def wax contains 40% Cab wax, this contains IIRC 55%. Heres a link:
Race Glaze Signature 55 Wax RG-SS-55
Oh right, cool! Theres so many bloody diiferent ones! A few guys i know are raving about the new valet pro artemis wax!
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/va.../prod_580.html
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/forum/...er=asc&start=0

Last edited by GIZTO29; 17-06-09 at 21:50.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Car Detailing

Tags
dodo , juice

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page