Car detailed with swissvax - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 02-06-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Highlands
Car detailed with swissvax

Well after lots and lots of trailing through websites and reading reviews/forums. i decided to bite the bullet and splash out on swissvax products. Firstly i would like to say i would reccomend them highly,service is top notch and delivery was very prompt.

I bought :

entry kit without wax
scuderia wax
crystal glass cleaner
waschpudel
paint rubber
quick finish

Started today by washing the car two bucket method with the car bath and waschpudel (not alot of sudds with the car bath but very slidey and bring the car to a loverly shine).I then chamois'd it, with a leather chamois.

As my car is new i never bothered to clay bar (paint rubber) it this time, next goes on the cleaner fluid (very hard to remover but very good) now a buff up with both microfibre and one of the towels supplied.

My favorite bit, wax time, first thing you notice is how nice it smells so do all the products mind you. put it on with the applicator provided went on really easy,no build up on edges and no marking of plastics. I did the whole car before removing. i took it off with the red towel provided,didnt leave it as i expected and tbh was a bit dissapointed. Never mind i carried on as insturctions say i went over with a new microfiber. my god is it shiny,really really impressed.

I will get pics up 2moro, but u will have to belive me this swissvax stuff is the buisness would highly recomend it.

James
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: -

Member car:

Very brave to do this with new gear in this heat. No idea how these products react to high temps. Did you do it in the shade?

Even new cars may need a good claying to remove any particles that have stuck to the paint while sitting around in the yards.

Was the paint like glass just after you washed it? If not, needs claying.

You would do well to bin your chamois, leather or not.

Get on to eBay and buy yourself a DoDo Juice Soft Touch Premium Drying Towel. Drys better and won't mark your paintwork.

PIIIIIIIICS

156 2.0 TS SP3

PLANNED: Ally tray, Cybox exhaust
READY: OEM GTA Xenon headlights, OMP Lower Front Strutbrace, OMP Rear Strutbrace
FITTED: OEM GTA headlights with Osram Hyper H7 2100 lumens , GTA instrument cowels, GT steering wheel, deconed, GTA intake mod, Red*Dot 20 groove discs front and back & fast road pads, OMP Upper Front Strutbrace, new Bonnet & Boot badges, Poly hu bushes, Supersport suspension kit .
Smallville

Hey James, sounds good with what your doing fella

But I have to recommend that you clay your car, I clayed my dads brand new 147 when he got it and I was shocked how bad it was

AO Gold Member

County: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville View Post
Hey James, sounds good with what your doing fella

But I have to recommend that you clay your car, I clayed my dads brand new 147 when he got it and I was shocked how bad it was
When I got my 147 delivered it came with Alfa Romeo Tree sap finish.....so I am not surprised you were shocked by by your dad's new 147. The new Volvo C30 2.4i 'unfortunately' came with perfectly detailed paint.

To be honest the quality of paint on Alfa Romeos over the last 30 years has been about as good as I could do with a home paint kit....
You only have to go into the typical dealer and see the specially prepaired swirll mark filled paint on the typical Alfa Romeo to understand what I am talking about...
My local dealer's detailer even used 'polish' with mark hiding fillers to help hide paint marks.
Premium in Italian seems to mean 'crap'

Too be honest I think I am at that point in lif where I am getting over the flashy bodywork over a worn out Street Prostitute build.

Last edited by Stori; 03-06-09 at 03:33.
AO Gold Member

Member car:

1750 Turbo

Swisvax used to be the most expensive products you could get and theyve made them more affordable now for us normal people that dont have Ferraris and Rolls Royces etc. I think there waxes are still the most expensive at $1000 or 500 pounds.

If you go to Autopia.com there products are rated fairly well. But then so are alot of other products. Nevertheless its nice to use the brand thats renown to be the Best
(Post Link) post #6 of 6 Old 03-06-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Highlands
i must have been one of the lucky ones with my paint as it was likle glass from day one.

the cleaner fluid doesnt like heat so i started doing the car at 7 last night and finished around 10-1030. the wax works better if its sunny gives a deeper shine to it.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Car Detailing

Tags
car , detailed , swissvax

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page