Poorboys Products - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 09-05-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Tyne and Wear
Poorboys Products

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf S. View Post
I use the Poorboys Natty Blue Wax and it lasts for ages. I get good beading for weeks and you can still see it's doing it's thang even after a couple of months (though reduced in effect).

It goes on easily, has a lot of shine and costs about £12 a pot.. can't fault it really.

Ralf S.
I have to say these products look very well priced in comparison to other stuff has anyone used any of the others such as black hole and the quick detailer?
poorboys-shop.co.uk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

Re: Poorboys Products

Aye!

I bought a few PB products as when I first started stocking up on "serious" gear I was just a bit bewildered with all the different brands and products available, which product did what and which product was the same as someone else's something else.

I have;

SSR1 polish. I bought this to get some swirls out by machine and being a novice I was terrified I'd wreck the paint if I got a toooo abrasive polish. SSR1 is very gentle though - it must be (? ) impossible to wreck your paint with this.

SSR2 polish. SSR1 is too fine to get some of my deeper swirls out, so I next bought some SSR2. As above, it's still a mild polish though obviously more abrasive than SSR1. It removes swirling more quickly than SSR1 but unlike more abrasive polishes you could almost stop after a polish with SSR2 and not finish off with SSR1.. i.e. it leaves no "dullness" that needs further polishing with a finer polish.

SSR2.5 I didn't try.

PB Detailer: Seems good value and very similar results to the Meguiars Quick Detailer I got in a Megs Clay Bar kit. I only use it as a lube for clay rather than as a Quick Detailer but it "does what it says on the tin".

Natty Blue Wax: As top. I'm really impressed with it. Lasts a long time, you can layer it (3 coats is waaay plenty), smells of bubble-gum and it last you long time.

Black/White Hole glaze: I bought the BH glaze and also the variant for light colour cars (by mistake when I was starting out .. but the Younger Mrs S. has a yellow Cinquecento so that's okay). I apply it by machine and it does cover minor swirling .. but to be honest I can't say you really notice the difference if your paint is anywhere near in good condition. It may be a different story on more jaded paint...

I don't think this is a criticism of the product though... I've used other glazes and fillers in the past and more or less the value has always been difficult to demonstrate.

All the PB products I've tried have been dead easy to use, as you say not bad value, nice smell and good quality. I also like the fairly "factory" packaging .. a bit basic, like the money has gone on the product rather than the box (compare Natty Blue to A/G's "HD Wax").

Worth a punt.

Ralf S.

No bullets for Chaingun..
AO Silver Member

County: Western Cape

Member car:

Alfa 156 GTA

Poorboys have an excellent range of products and are very highly regarded in the detailing fraternity.

Natty Blue is one of their flagship waxes.

Another really good product is their Poorboys Wheel Sealant.

I use Smartwax Rimwax to protect my alloys but it is the same stuff.

Smartwax, Chemical Guys and Poorboys are all made by the same company AFAIK.
(Post Link) post #4 of 4 Old 09-05-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Tyne and Wear

Cool guys, thanks for the feedback! It sounds like i'll be getting one of their products in the near future

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Car Detailing

Tags
poorboys , products

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page