which foam gun - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 14 Old 19-04-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Norfolk

Member car:

Mito qv

which foam gun

i fancy trying out snow foam , any recommendations on make of gun and foam to buy. i hear some foams can srtip of the wax, do not really fancy this will be getting a new Mito in a few weeks time which will be superguarded so any tips on keeping it gleaming will be gladly received.
Andy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Western Cape

Member car:

Alfa 156 GTA

Re: which foam gun

Well the first tip is NOT to have it "superguarded" or any other so called wonder treatment (5 year, 10 year, lifetime twaddle).

Take delivery of your beautiful new baby and apply a coat of really good carnauba wax to it. Wash it regularly using the right methodology and equipment. I wouldn't let any butchers near my new car.
AO Member

County: West Midlands

Member car:

gt

i hate super guard it makes general polishing, waxes a right bugger. Foam generally doesnt strip wax.
jay w

i use a Gilmore Foamster 2 foam gun, it attaches straight to the hose and it fantastic...

Try googling it, there are loads of outlets selling it, i paid about 50 for mine a few months ago

AO Silver Member

County: -

Member car:

If you have a Pressure Washer, give any of the car cleaning sites mentioned in other threads a call nand get a "Faom Lance"

Far more foam than the Gilmour and all the other similar products. About the same price too. All will sell you their own Smow Foam too and almost all will NOT strip the wax off.

Try detailingworld.co.uk for lots of reviews and reports on the various makes out there.

PS - Stay wel away from Superguard etc as all it does is seal in the scratches that will inevitably already be on the car. Then you'll NEVER get them off no matter how much you polish it.

156 2.0 TS SP3

PLANNED: Ally tray, Cybox exhaust
READY: OEM GTA Xenon headlights, OMP Lower Front Strutbrace, OMP Rear Strutbrace
FITTED: OEM GTA headlights with Osram Hyper H7 2100 lumens , GTA instrument cowels, GT steering wheel, deconed, GTA intake mod, Red*Dot 20 groove discs front and back & fast road pads, OMP Upper Front Strutbrace, new Bonnet & Boot badges, Poly hu bushes, Supersport suspension kit .
(Post Link) post #6 of 14 Old 20-04-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Mito qv

thanks for you help guys , am getting the superguard for free , but am now,giving it second thoughts, feel a bit confused if i am honest.
Andy
AO Member

Member car:

gt

Well if you like polishing, waxing and making your car look good dont bother with superguard. If on the other hand your lazy and use the 3car park cleaners get superguard lol
AO Member

County: Essex

I believe that the Supaguard treatment is normally a couple of hundred , although the cost to a dealer to apply it is only 1/4 or so of that. I found that the interior supaguard treatment was quite good, especially if you've got kids in the car. The exterior stuff is not worth bothering with, despite all the sales guff.
If you're getting the Supaguard treatment "for free", could you ask your dealer to cancel it & give you the cost off as a discount instead?
May be worth asking.
Matt.
AO Member

County: Glasgow

When I was buying my 159 the sales guy gave me the option of the supagaurd, but said if I'm into polishing and waxing it won't be for me. Strange comment from someone who is meant to be selling me something!
AO Platinum Member

Aye! But then he's being honest and not trying to sell you something you don't need, even at the expense of his commission.

Ralf S.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 1059

We use the 'Elite Car Care' lance and snowfoam, good products and service, they also offer discount to forums but don't know if AO.com is one of them or not.
Lord Melch

I have found both the CYC Lance and Autobrite Lances very good.

CYC : Snow Foam Lance

AutoBrite : Autobrite Direct Online Shop - The only answer for your car care supplies

ph Neutral : Valet Pro - PH Neutral Snow Foam

Elite also as mentioned do a similay Lance their own and ph Neutral Snow Foam : http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/advanc...42aa&x=10&y=11

(Depending on your pressure washer fitment)

I have tried quite a few Snow Foams and still go back to Valet Pro ph Neutral.

As with any products follow manuf directions.

(Post Link) post #13 of 14 Old 21-04-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Mito qv

thanks again guys, it looks like i am going to be spending a few pounds on cleaning products in the coming weeks.thanks for you imput Lord
Lord Melch

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy900uk View Post
thanks again guys, it looks like i am going to be spending a few pounds on cleaning products in the coming weeks.thanks for you imput Lord
By all means ask away, such products are not cheap, worth getting the the best you can
There are very active forums on CYC and DW BTW

Last edited by Lord Melch; 22-04-09 at 14:20.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Car Detailing

Tags
foam , gun

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page