Alfa 147 paint thickness??? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 17-03-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Hampshire
Alfa 147 paint thickness???

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and am just about to embark on some machine polishing. I was just wondering if anyone has had there paint thickness measured and if so, what was the average??? I'm going to practice on my Picasso, but I'm going to start with the remains of my Autoglym and then move onto Poorboys or DoDo Juice. If anyone has any recommendations I'd love to hear.

Cheers
Dave

P.s Hopefully there should be a pic of my standard 147 before I start with the machine polishing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00003a.jpg (88.6 KB, 15 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

v6hughes

Re: Alfa 147 paint thickness???

i wouldnt worry about that you'd have to go mental to polish your way through the paint

it doesnt look like it needs to much from the photo

you would need to get your car measured, not too cars are the same sorry to say, as my Impreza had over 70 readings, if your wanting to know you will need a PDG, but they run about £100 - £400
TSE

As has already been mentioned it is not unusual to find that one 147 will be completely different from another. For example I have corrected an Alfa Red 147 with average readings of 150 microns (healthy numbers), however the next Alfa Red 147 I did have average readings of about 80 microns which is certainly thin.

If you are not going crazy then you should be fine, but clearly I couldn't guarantee anything.

Whereabouts in the country are you? Would be happy to pop by with my thickness gauge and have a look for you if your local.

Cheers,

Roy

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Car Detailing

Tags
147 , alfa , paint , thickness

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page