Anybody here have a Cosmos Blue Alfa?? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 08-09-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156 1.8 TS Lusso

Hmmm Anybody here have a Cosmos Blue Alfa??

Hi Guys,

My car is a 156 in Cosmos blue and i am sad to say i have never polished/waxed my car (or any other car for that matter)

Have just searched and cant find anyone with this colour to recommend certain products within my price range (which isnt much )

Have got a bit of a nasty scratch on the bonnet and noticed quite alot of swirling which i am keen to get rid of.

Before looking at this part of the forum in my naive way i thought that i caould buy any old bottle of t-cut or turtle wax and sort it out but now i know there is alot more to it than that!!!

I dont know whether to take it to somewhere in Liverpool who can do this for me for a fixed price or buy all the products in and have a good whack at it myself.

Now the questions

1. I have heard about this rule where if you can feel the scratch with your finger nail then it will not come out with t-cut as it has penetrated the laquer, is this true and if it is how do i go about fixing it?

2. What type of product should i use on cosmos blue because as you know it has little flecks of gold in and want it to look its best.

if anyone has done this to a cosmos blue i would love to hear what you done and how it looked after.

Many thanks guys,

Dave

Black 159 1.9JTD...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: East Renfrewshire
Re: Anybody here have a Cosmos Blue Alfa??

Not sure if this helps, but I have heard those products are good, having a look at them for myself, well my car !

Swissvax UK - The official UK importer's on-line shop
AO Silver Member

County: Fife

Member car:

500 twinair

My 145 is Cosmos Blue....
For a start do you want products you can buy in a shop or do you not mind ordering online?
Sounds like the scratch wont polish out completely but you may be able to improve it, some polishes will smooth the scratch edges and some will fill it in......both hiding it to a certain extent.
There is a huge world of products out there these days, it gets difficult choosing.
Most good quality products will work well on any colour.
Too much proper wax on a car can sometimes dull the pop of metallics, as wax is naturally yellow. So sealants can be better, for example the new Meguiars NXT 2.0 Wax is available in Halfords and is actually a synthetic sealant which is an all in one product which works great on dark colours, do a couple of layers and it will really improve the finish.

(Former AOSS REP) P17 SUT - tourismo internazionale.
- Black 146ti - Silver 156 2.0 TS - Grey 145 QV - Red GTV TS Lusso, tan leather -
- Red 33Boxer 16v Cloverleaf - Cosmos Blue 145 Cloverleaf, tan leather -
- Black 147 GTA - Silver GTV TS Lusso - Blue 147 TS lusso -
AO Silver Member

County: Powys

My 156 is Cosmos Blue And it also has a deep scratch on the bonnet, and a couple of other places!
When I bought it it had been "colour magiced" Black, and I thought it was black, I was so pleased with the colour after a couple of Autoglym colour restorer and some AG super resin polish, It is a great colour, but it needs to be kept very clean, 'Cos it shows the dirt up!
I am living with my scratches...but am toying with some sort of paint stick, dab it on and then cut back, with a t cut type product(Autoglym colour restorer) it will lessen the scratch, but not as good as a proper paintshop job! or as dear.
156 gleaming 003.jpg

Bright Yella Fiat Stilo 3dr 1.9 jasons tractor diesel Cruise, dz climate, n leather, so many toys now with 17" claws
Sadly the STILO is for sale, I've now got a Renault Master beavertail
I pop in here to have a look now and again-but don't know what to say
Written off in the prime of life...My Bella.
2.5 V6 SP3 156 Cosmos Blue, Black Momo leather, Carbon dash.Freeflow cat, pipercross filter,Smoked repeaters, Scuddetto centre grill, blacked out side grille bars.

Last edited by jason156; 31-08-10 at 05:12.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Car Detailing

Tags
alfa , blue , cosmos

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page