Well finally gone the whole hog - Got a Megs G220
Ordered the Sonus kit and BAM
- next day via Clean Your Car Jet Post - ding dong..
RTFM - not much mostly assembly. Did some investigation - Dave KG has done a ace article at DW - had a read, and made a few posts..
Machine Polishing by Dual Action Polisher - Full Guide - Detailing World
Also available in .pdf. If you fancy some serious polishing read it..
Last few days chucking it down. Today Sunny and bright - ideal
Cracked her open, and started on the bonnet with SFX3 pad and polish.
Followed this regime..
1. Spread or dab polish around the panel with the machine switched off.
2. Spread the polish with one or two passes at slow speed (between 2 and 3).
3. Begin to work the polish in for three or four passes at medium speed (around 4).
4. Thoroughly work the polish until the residue goes clear at high speed (between 5 and 6).
5. Buff off residue and assess result.
Good results but I wanted MORE (spoken with evil genius laugh)
So on goes the SFX2 pad and polish - MUCH better. Followed up with SFX3 / polish again.
Applied 2 coats of Jetseal and 2 of Pete's 53' by hand..
A full on day started at approx 10.30 - send coat of Pete's 53' at 18.00 and that's only bonnet, roof, sides of roof and back...
But as near as dammit perfect and now I have the tools to keep her that way -
OK a few afters - sorry my camera work is not too clever