Clay mitt uses - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 07-06-17 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: West Midlands
Clay mitt uses

Hi all I've had a clay mitt for a while and it's starting to fall apart after about 4 uses. Have any of you used them before or how many times do you use them before replacing?

I'm not sure if 4 uses Is about right - but would never go back to a normal clay bar with how much time a clay mitt shaves off!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

Member car:

156 JTD 20v

A clay mitt should last a lot longer than 4 uses, something has gone wrong. I have used a cheap mitt over 15 times on my car and it is still in good condition
AO Member

County: -Middlesex
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowejackson View Post
A clay mitt should last a lot longer than 4 uses, something has gone wrong. I have used a cheap mitt over 15 times on my car and it is still in good condition

+1.

Mine's Meguiars.

OP, you do not say if branded. But a good quality mitt, used and maintained per manufacturer's instructions should last a very long time - on the basis that I'd not clay a car's surface more than twice a year.

A couple of questions. Forgive me if they are obvious but on the principle that the only stupid question is the one you don't ask:

1. Do you use plenty of lubrication when claying? Something more than water, like a detailer or dedicated clay lube? Do you refresh both the panel and the mitt frequently?

2. Do you rinse the dirt accumulated on mitt off with plain water regularly during, and then immediately after, use and then air dry it? It might not be grateful for being put in a washing machine if that is what you are doing.

HTH

Peter

County: -
Try a clay towel , as long as they are washed and kept damp they will last a long time , depending on amount of use!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Car Detailing

Tags
clay , mitt

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page