Matte Grey Touch Up Paint - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 28-03-17 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Merseyside
Matte Grey Touch Up Paint

Hi All,

A couple of weeks ago we took delivery of a Mito Veloce(MY17) in the Matte Grey. Having previously owned a Mito QV in Matte Grey for 2 years I have learned how to deal with minor scratches but I am yet to solve the issue of stone chips. We just learned to live with them on the previous car after struggling to find a bodyshop that would deal with matte paint and struggling to find decent advice about how to touch up the stone chips. Given that you can't cut/polish the area after using a touch up pen to blend in the paint i'm concerned that any stone chips will actually end up looking worse after trying to fix them!

Yesterday I visited a company [Invisible Patterns, Warrington] that does clear vinyl wrapping. There is no kit at the moment for the facelifted mito so they have to design/measure/cut the kit themselves. I have booked the car in with them but I'm having second thoughts because to cover the bumper, entire bonnet, partial front wings and mirrors is going to cost 780! Given that we don't intend to keep the car for more than 2-3 years we are really struggling to justify the cost! [Especially when i'm seriously considering a remap and full exhaust from Autolusso! ]

If there was a kit available; like this ALFA ROMEO - MITO Model - 2008-2016 - 3M VENTURESHIELD / SunTek / XPEL / CAR PAINT PROTECTION FILM for 199 then I would probably just purchase that and fit it myself. Unfortunately this isn't an option .

Anyway, anybody else have any other ideas/thoughts/experience in repairing stone chips in matte paint?

Cheers all!

p.s. We are loving the new car and like the facelift
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Kent
Have you tried Chipex? https://www.chipex.co.uk
I used Chipex on my Mag Grey Gloss Giulietta , and it was pretty good. I have just taken delivery this week of a Matt Grey Giulietta Veloce. The company said I can use the same method but not the last stage which is polishing. I posted the method I used on here a few years ago so will look for it and l post link on here.

By the way! How did you deal with minor scratches?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Car Detailing

Tags
grey , matte , paint , touch

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page