Well as promised here is the report on Wednesdays detail on Dave's Brera.
I arrived at about 7am to start on what was going to be a full correction detail and then topped off with Swissvax Mystery Wax.
I didn't bother with before photos as time was a pressing factor and it wasn't that dirty beforehand anyway.
The car was pre soaked with P21S Auto Wash and then washed using Zymol Clear Auto Bathe.
Once washed the car was then clayed, there weren't really that much in the way of bonded contaminants but there were several rough areas of paint. The heavier tar deposits were removed using Autosmart Tardis.
The car was then dried and taped up ready for the correction process.
Once taped up it was time to look at how bad the swirls were.
They certainly weren't pretty and were really ruining the clarity of the potential paint finish.
Now this was the moment of truth, as has been discussed on here before, what was the paint going to be like? Hard? Soft? Thick? Thin?. Well on this particular Alfa it was on the soft side overall but also damn thin, usually on modern cars you can expect 150 microns +, however Dave's Brera was averaging around the 70 micron mark, with some areas going above 100 but others down in the low 60's.
As mentioned it was on the soft side but there was the odd panel, including the roof that were much harder and also it didn't help that they were the parts with the paint readings at the lowest point on the car!
Correction was carried out using either one of the Menzerna finishing polishes on a black 3M pad or a mix of Menzerna FA and IP. Overall the correction was a success, I always prefer to err on the side of caution if the paint is very thin but I was pleased with the results.
It always amazes me when doing details on the street how many people come up and talk to me. I think I ended up giving out 6 business cards and explaining to countless people what I was doing, which I'm more than happy to do.
So once the correction had been carried out it was then time to crack on with the rest of the job. The car was then cleansed using HD-Cleanse and then it was time for the wax, which as mentioned was Swissvax Mystery. A thin layer was applied using an applicator pad and left to cure, whilst this was happening I polished the four lovely Novitec exhausts and treated the tyres.
The glass was then polished with HD-Cleanse and so were the wheels.
Just before removing the wax from the paintwork I applied a layer of the same wax to the wheels and left that to cure.
Once removed the car was given a final wipe down with Zymol field glaze and checked with my 3M Sun Gun to make sure that there was no product smears present on the paintwork.
So here we are the final finished job..
Well I hoped you enjoyed the write up, any questions please feel free to ask. I'm trying to convince my fiancee that we should change the GTV for a Brera and so I waved the photos at her last night.
Thanks again for the booking Dave.