Disguising or Removing Scratches - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 07-11-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -
Garage
Disguising or Removing Scratches

My black 159 TI has light scratching in various places, the bonnet being the worst part. I just bought the car quite recently and figured I would get them machine polished out.

When arriving at garage to have that done I was advised against it. They said it had been done previously and they felt doing it again risked going down to the paint layer and causing damage. They also said it's probably best I do not try and t-cut it for the same reason.

the scratches are very light and can only be seen up close, but I know they are there!! and now I can't unsee them.

What options are there left?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

Member car:

156 JTD 20v

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotok View Post
My black 159 TI has light scratching in various places, the bonnet being the worst part. I just bought the car quite recently and figured I would get them machine polished out.

When arriving at garage to have that done I was advised against it. They said it had been done previously and they felt doing it again risked going down to the paint layer and causing damage. They also said it's probably best I do not try and t-cut it for the same reason.

the scratches are very light and can only be seen up close, but I know they are there!! and now I can't unsee them.

What options are there left?
Presumably the garage measured the paint thickness and if the paint is too thin then hiding is a reasonable option. A lot will depend on how deep the marks are. A glaze can hide quite a lot but tend not to be very durable, products like Autoglym Super Resin Polish are durable, easy to buy and can hide minor marks.

There is a range of products made by Glare, not used them but they do seem to have a very good reputation
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 07-11-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -
Garage
I'll look up autoglym and glaze. Yeah marks are not deep and from a small distance or when wet you'd never see them.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Car Detailing

Tags
disguising , removing , scratches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page