Anyone used Autoglym Wheel Protector? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 24-07-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Anyone used Autoglym Wheel Protector?

Picked up a can of Autoglym Wheel Protector. Instructions say to just spray it at the wheels and leave it - seems weird to me, usually you spray this type of product on (or onto a cloth) and then buff it.

Curious to see if anyone's used this, and if you do literally just spray it and leave it... and if so 1) how do you ensure even coverage without overspray? 2) how is the finish without buffing? and 3) does it work well?

I also have AG's alloy wheel seal which is a spray+buff process and sort of worked OK...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Hampshire
Garage
Cannot help on the Autoglym Wheel Protector, I have only used the AG Wheel seal which is spray and buff like you said.

I have however used a Simoniz Wheel Protector which was a simple spray and leave with no buffing required. It worked well and there was no residue left on the wheels after applying. Not sure how they compare protection wise however.

Cheers
AO Member

County: Peterborough
Hi all

I recently bought a can of this and haven't got to use it yet due to the following.

Currently I am lucky enough to own several cars/bikes and most have either dark wheels or sliver with polished rim lips.

When I picked up this can I checked the rear of the can and it only made mention of 'not suitable for dark wheels'. After a while and before use I thought I would check the website and it clearly states 'not suitable for dark coloured wheels or mirrored finished' glad I never used it and doubled checked.

I have complained to Autoglym and they told me it will be addressed.

Just a word of caution

The current toy box occupants

Jaguar XFR - monster!
AR GTV V6 - restoring
AR 164 V6 - fully restored
TVR Chimaera 400
SEAT Ibiza 2.0 16v stage rally car
Land Rover Discovery 2 4.0 V8
BMW R1200RT 90th Aniversary
AO Member

County: Victoria

Member car:

159 2.4D auto

Used it on a few cars. Definitely keeps the brake dust off the wheels and makes them easier to clean.
AO Member

County: Greater London
Garage
I use it.It makes life easier when you have to clean the alloys. Spray on and than buff the excess and nice shine.
It does not stop completely the brake dust though unless you wash the car very regularly, meaning every week.
I drive in town therefore the foot is always on the brake.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Car Detailing

Tags
autoglym , protector , wheel

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page