ABS, VDC, Hillholder... Error - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 15 Old 08-06-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -
ABS, VDC, Hillholder... Error

Hey I picked up my 2010 155 yesterday from a Nissan dealer, car in great condition with 43000 miles.

The journey home from Yorkshire was about 200 miles. For the majority of the journey the car was behaving perfectlty not a problem.

However on the last stretch on came the warning lights for ABS,VDC, Steering corrector Etc! Panic!!!

Ive had a search and it seems people have problems with the sensor is this correct and likely to be the issue? The breaks etc seem to be functioning fine...

What would you suggest? I plan on phoning the dealee Monday, but can take the car to a local garage if needbe...

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BMP
AO Member

County: Friesland

Member car:

Mito 135 BHP

How is the (heavy duty) battery, condition?

County: Rhondda Cynon Taff
are the brake lights still working? if not we had the same problem, turned out to be the wiring loom rubbing against a bracket under the dash
AO Member

County: Cheshire
Had same problem as moomin - broken wire
(Post Link) post #5 of 15 Old 12-06-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Interesting... Thanks all.

Turns out (According to the RAC and Northants Alfa) that it's definitely something to do with the rear right side sensor.

Getting it checked out hopefully next week! It's going to be covered under warranty, fortunately!
AO Member

County: Essex

Member car:

A Tiny Abarth

I get this every so often, so I assume it's a sensor. Alfa couldn't find anything wrong with mine, so I assume it's just a loose wire.
AO Member

County: West Midlands
Garage

Member car:

mito qv

mines been in for the exact same problem, as mentioned above its the wiring loom catching the bracket by the dash, my fuse blew, F37, and the wiring was repaired under warranty..its a common fault apparently.
(Post Link) post #8 of 15 Old 14-06-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Thanks for the heads up I'll suggest these to the mechanic to look over next week.

I had another problem today which may or may not be related. My radio (after-market Pioneer) just cut out and refused to power on. Eventually it decided to power on again much later through the journey. this was frustrating especially due to the fact I was using the navigation.

Very strange...
(Post Link) post #9 of 15 Old 15-06-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

The problem with the radio seems to be getting worse...

It now refuses to turn on without being driven for 5-10minutes. Could this be the indication of something wrong with the battery or alternator?
AO Member

County: Essex

Member car:

A Tiny Abarth

Check what voltage the battery is pumping out.

The batteries fitted at the factory don't seem to be all that great. The battery in my 2010 155 died rather abruptly in January this year (leaving me in the middle lane of an A road at traffic lights!).
(Post Link) post #11 of 15 Old 26-06-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

So here's an update on the situation, any further advice and suggestions would be fantastic.

I had Alfa Northants checkout the car and the error. The assumption was made (As per the error) that the right side brake sensor had failed. We had this replaced in hope to rectify the problem.

This however did not resolve the issue. An electrician has taken a look at the car and suggested removing the radio (After-market Pioneer a couple of years old), the radio has now been removed from the car and I shall be testing it this weekend to see if the problem persists.

Has anyone else had this experience with a Pioneer System? My dilemma now is that if the radio is causing the issue what are my options in getting this replaced. If I was to install a newer Pioneer unit would I receive the same error?
AO Member

County: Melbourne
Hi, had similar error after disconnecting the battery on my giulietta. After reconnecting the battery, got the adc error etc when restarting. Tried restarting with the steering wheel off centre and it seems to have fixed the issue. Or might be coincidental only.
Cheers.
(Post Link) post #13 of 15 Old 04-07-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Turns out the problem was all due to an issue with the ABS wiring around the motor, it had chaffed or something...

All replaced + cost of diagnostics 500 later. (This included the unnecessary replacement of the ABS sensor.) fortunately NISSAN (Dealership) are footing the bill.
AO Member

County: Cambs
Where abouts was the chaffed cabling, fancy posting a picture so others can check theirs.

Heard of this on some later models!
AO Member

County: Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattkidd View Post
Turns out the problem was all due to an issue with the ABS wiring around the motor, it had chaffed or something...

All replaced + cost of diagnostics 500 later. (This included the unnecessary replacement of the ABS sensor.) fortunately NISSAN (Dealership) are footing the bill.
Had a very similar issue I believe, all the same warning lights on for a number of days. I think it's happened before a couple of times but only intermittently so makes sense for it to be a wiring issue of some sorts but when it happened last week it was enough to blow some fuse or another and so the errors stayed on.

All sorted at Lipscombe Alfa Romeo in Aylesford for a much easier-to-swallow sum of 87! For which they ran diagnostics, replaced duff wiring and new fuse and even washed/hoovered car while it was in. No complaints about the service or the people there which is nice to say about an Alfa garage

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa MiTo

Tags
abs , error , hillholder , vdc

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page