stop start unavailable, and engine light - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By MitoQVaustinA35

(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 2 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -
Warning stop start unavailable, and engine light

Hello All
Having had a 147 for a few years, 10 years ago, i was aware of Alfa's lust for electrical power. So when starting my 2012 mito QV after work today and getting the engine warning symbol as well as start stop unavailable, my thoughts went to the battery, having owned my car from new, i knew i was running the original seven year old battery. A trip to Halfords (only place open at 19:30) and battery replaced. took about ten minutes to fit. Turning the key and the dreaded warning lights blinked out in turn as usual, a result. It seems our cars still need a healthy slug of current to function. As a warning the old battery was still displaying 12.99 volts, measured just after stopping the engine (alternator) so it had not lost any cells, but obviously could not deliver the required load, resulting in local volt drops raising the warning lights.
Andy Bowden likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 2 Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -
Update:- Warning lights returned auto Lusso are replacing the multi air unit, one solenoid was failing, giving me the warnings☹️ On the up side it had lasted 7 years 😄 can’t wait to get her back

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa MiTo

Tags
engine , light , start , stop , unavailable

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page