Mito Project Fast Road/Track Car - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 8 Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter

County: United Kingdom
Mito Project Fast Road/Track Car

Hi all,
I’ve posted this in the modified section as well so apologies for the spam.
I currently own a Mito with the 120 TJet engine and I’ve been in a struggle in deciding to modify it and turn it more into a “GTA” like Mito my entire ownership. I have started already with the following installed:
-TMC Motorsport Decat Downpipe
-K&N Induction Kit with cold air feed thorough the fog light
-Eibach Pro 30mm lowering springs
-Forge Subframe Braces
-Ragazzon Centre Silencer Delete
My problem is I start to wonder if I’m dreaming of something virtually impossible (I would like to see figures of around 210bhp reliably). I know this would require a new larger turbo. In regards to questions asking why a 120 TJet and not a 155bhp, I was 18 when I bought the car so insurance was relatively cheaper, and I got the full leather interior 😎. Excuse me if I sound ignorant! Opinions and advice will be much appreciated, thank you! 😁😁😁
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 8 Old 1 Week Ago
JnL
AO Member

County: -

Member car:

MiTo QV

With a new turbo (e.g. GT1446 from the 170bhp model or the IHI turbo from the 155 bhp model) and a good ECU tune you can get up to 180 bhp in my opinion.
(Post Link) post #3 of 8 Old 1 Week Ago
AO Member

Honestly I would go into stiffening the chassis first. The Mito is barely capable of handling any more than 200 hp in stock form. Hit up rahmitanir on IG, he makes custom sets of chassis braces for the mito. Also going any further I'd recommend you a mechanical LSD, because with all the torque you will be one wheel peeling all day. Good soft compound tires are a no brainer too.
(Post Link) post #4 of 8 Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies, you’re both definitely right! A bigger turbo is without a doubt needed, I’ve been looking into Scara73 who do multiple turbo kits for the TJet.
Genlo, I’ve noticed the car is still very wobbly with my minor mods fitted! I think new dampers and maybe try wider wheels with some sticky tyres. Might not help with chassis rigidity but might give it a chance on sticking to the road 😬
Again, thanks for your thoughts and opinions! 😀😀😀
(Post Link) post #5 of 8 Old 6 Days Ago
AO Member

Member car:

GT Blackline

Before you make it faster, you need to make it slower...

Seriously - you should not forget the brakes - the standard discs and pads on a 120 T-Jet simply won't cope with more than a couple of hard stops, so if you ramp up the power to 180+, and take it on track, you're going to be into the gravel very quickly.
(Post Link) post #6 of 8 Old 5 Days Ago Thread Starter

Agreed Nigel! Found myself in a few moments myself with the brakes at the moment! 😬😬😬 Maybe some Abarth brakes or 155 TJet callipers with some good, track orientated pads and discs
(Post Link) post #7 of 8 Old 4 Days Ago
AO Gold Member

County: Buckinghamshire
Track pads might not be great on a road car. They are often very hard and need to get up to temperature before they work .. so an emergency stop on a cold morning soon after leaving home might require a change on underwear.

I fitted Ferodo Performance pads to my 156 and along with braided hoses and Castrol Performance brake fluid transformed the stopping power .. to think I'd put up with "adequate" for over 12 years!!

I later fitted MTech drilled discs which made a difference on long downhill braking as they didn't overheat.
(Post Link) post #8 of 8 Old 3 Days Ago Thread Starter

Starting to realise how much this is all going to cost, to be fair, it was never going to cheap! I might knock the nail on the head and find another car.
It is a shame as I do love it but some things are just meant to be how they’re left from factory I feel.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa MiTo

Tags
car , fast , mito , project , road or track

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page