Mito 12v sockets alway on or nah - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 4 Days Ago Thread Starter

County: -
Question Mito 12v sockets alway on or nah

TLDR: have bought a FM transmitter to listen to music just want to know if the 12v sockets stay on when the car off or will i need to unplug it so i dont run down the battery

Hi guys i have owned a 2011 1.4 mito sprint for about 2 years now and i have only ever managed to get blue and me to work for hands free phone calls but not music the car also has a USB port in the center console with a windows logo but that only seems to work as a charger. after giving up on the idea and just found radio stations I liked. I am now back on a mission to find a solution and have bought myself an FM transmitter (which i can only imagine is gonna sound tragic but a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do to get them sweet sweet tunes) what i want to know is whether or not the 12v sockets stay on once the car is switched off. Although i cant imagine one of these things draw much power i don't really want to come out one morning and have a flat battery
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 6 Old 4 Days Ago
AO Member

County: Torino

Member car:

MiTo, 8C Spider

The 12V socket is powered down when the car is switched off. As for the USB port, it works for music by plugging in a USB stick containing your MP3s.
(Post Link) post #3 of 6 Old 4 Days Ago
AO Member

County: England
Garage
I use the 12v socket to power a dashcam and it's quite handy that it powers off when the car's off . I have a very low profile USB stick full of MP3s that I just leave in the USB socket on shuffle. The blue&me system can be a bit picky about what MP3s it will read though (I think the issue is mostly to do with tag formats used and filename characters, from what I remember).

Last edited by Skaffen; 4 Days Ago at 17:08.
(Post Link) post #4 of 6 Old 4 Days Ago Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaffen View Post
I use the 12v socket to power a dashcam and it's quite handy that it powers off when the car's off . I have a very low profile USB stick full of MP3s that I just leave in the USB socket on shuffle. The blue&me system can be a bit picky about what MP3s it will read though (I think the issue is mostly to do with tag formats used and filename characters, from what I remember).
thanks for the replies guys thats good to hear. ive tried with a usb stick in the past and never had any luck but I'm more interested in listening to spotify through my phone any way
(Post Link) post #5 of 6 Old 4 Days Ago
AO Member

I'd put a CD changer adapter in it instead. Works as well (or better) than many stock systems. Only bad bit is that the microphone isn't great, but you could buy a high quality one and hook up.
(Post Link) post #6 of 6 Old 3 Days Ago
AO Member

County: Cornwall-
Smile Music

After a long delay I managed to get an old tablet to connect to my Mito using an aux cable and the tablet connected to the USB so it also charges. The tablet has a 16gb micro card so holds all my music but I can only use it when my wife is not in the car!!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa MiTo

Tags
mito , music

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page