MiTo SBK rear wiper & Start Stop NOT working.. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 4Likes
  • 2 Post By Henrik_45
  • 1 Post By gazza82
  • 1 Post By Rockhopper

(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 14-02-19 Thread Starter

County: Cyprus
MiTo SBK rear wiper & Start Stop NOT working..

Hi all. Alfa MiTo SBK 2013, arrived from UK a few days ago. The rear screen wiper and the Start/Stop function do not work. I read here that it could be related to low battery voltage (the car took 3 weeks to arrive in a ship plus a week or so at the shipping company) so I fully charged the battery using a Ctek charger. Nothing changed; Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club Member
Membro Medio

County: Aalborg
Garage
The start stop function could be related to the battery being low on charge or the sense circuit having a malfunction
You can test the sense circuit by the following means
  1. Take a drive in the car to get the engine up to operating temperature
  2. By stand still set the car in first gear
  3. Stall the engine by releasing the clutch without giving any throttle
  4. If the car starts automatically again when you press the clutch pedal down, the sense circuit is fully functional
Regarding the none working rear screen wiper then it could be one of the following causes
  1. Wire broken in the rubber tube from chassis to hatch (repair kits are available)
  2. Wiper motor broken
  3. Body computer failure (expensive repair as you need a new body computer, an second hand one will not work as the body computer is paired to the car)
ZeiPii and DrG. like this.
AO Gold Member

County: Buckinghamshire
If the battery has discharged a couple of times and been very low on volts, it may not ever recover. You may need a new battery. The "stop/start" ones seem to be more susceptible to this.

You may need to run some checks with a multimeter to see what the voltage is at different states to get an idea of the battery condition.

But a good long drive might get it back up to full charge .. and a good excuse to try the car out!

I don't had a stop/start (personally don't rate them) but can you disable it on the car's menu system? Some may have already!
DrG. likes this.

cheers, Gary

HIS: ex-1998 156 2.0 TSpark with Sport Pack 2, sunroof and hi-level spoiler in Alfa Rosso. V6 intake mod, clear side repeaters and Zeatek undertray. 10th Sep 1998 to 12th Jan 2017

HERS: 2009 MiTo 1.4 95bhp Turismo arrived 21st November in Techno Grey with colour-coded headlight surrounds.

My Alfa156 Web Site - how-to's, piccies, links, useful stuff, etc.
(Post Link) post #4 of 6 Old 14-02-19 Thread Starter

County: Cyprus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik_45 View Post
The start stop function could be related to the battery being low on charge or the sense circuit having a malfunction
You can test the sense circuit by the following means
  1. Take a drive in the car to get the engine up to operating temperature
  2. By stand still set the car in first gear
  3. Stall the engine by releasing the clutch without giving any throttle
  4. If the car starts automatically again when you press the clutch pedal down, the sense circuit is fully functional
Regarding the none working rear screen wiper then it could be one of the following causes
  1. Wire broken in the rubber tube from chassis to hatch (repair kits are available)
  2. Wiper motor broken
  3. Body computer failure (expensive repair as you need a new body computer, an second hand one will not work as the body computer is paired to the car)
Thank you very much, will look into it.
AO Member

Garage

Member car:

156 V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazza82 View Post
If the battery has discharged a couple of times and been very low on volts, it may not ever recover. You may need a new battery. The "stop/start" ones seem to be more susceptible to this.

You may need to run some checks with a multimeter to see what the voltage is at different states to get an idea of the battery condition.

But a good long drive might get it back up to full charge .. and a good excuse to try the car out!

I don't had a stop/start (personally don't rate them) but can you disable it on the car's menu system? Some may have already!
I think you can disable stop start although I think it enables once you switch the car off and on again, I may be wrong here but fairly sure.
Useful to know these things are often battery related, narrows it down a bit
AO Silver Member

County: Nottinghamshire
On some later versions you can turn it off all the time i think. Rear wiper and other tailgate related problems are usually caused by a fault in the wiring loom where it flexes between the body and the hatch.
istrabike likes this.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa MiTo

Tags
mito , rear , sbk , start , stop , wiper , working

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page