A difficult ‘what’s it worth’ thread - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 16-05-19 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Kent
A difficult ‘what’s it worth’ thread

Apologies, I would not normally post one of these but I need some garage space.. I have amongst others a very nice vela blue, sand leather 3.0 GTV. It has covered 36/7k in total and has been part of my private collection for over five years. It is stored in a dry garage and hasn’t seen rain in about four years. Religiously started, everything works. This car is so good it would make a stonking base for a concourse car. I won’t sell it to any old Tom, Dick or Harry but will to someone with a passion for the marque and reasonably deep pockets. I can have it cambelt serviced and MOT’d but I have very little to base the price on. It’s not an odd colour or have a murky past and being a P2 car it has the later gearbox, full aero kit etc. Thoughts on price?

Last edited by jurdy1; 16-05-19 at 07:42.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 5 Old 16-05-19 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Kent
I forgot to add that it is completely standard.
AO Silver Member

County: Norfolk
Garage
That is a very difficult question. Good condition and low mileage cars are becoming a rarity and it is in a popular colour combo. While the 916 is definitely a classic I don’t think they have quite reached the ‘collectable’ stage. They are popular with enthusiasts but not so much with collectors. They are cars that deserve to be driven. Many are still used as dailys so the USP of such a low mileage could be a double edged sword. Cups are very popular and prices for them sets the ceiling price for ‘ordinary’ V6s just as Twinnies will never be worth as much as V6s. What’s it worth? Sadly not as much as it should be with its’ true value something that can’t be measured in purely monetary terms. It might be worth getting in touch with the AROC 916 register as I believe they help with valuing cars for insurance purposes etc.

2001 GTV Twin Spark - Aerokit, teledials, Ragazzon quads, MTEC discs, DS Performance pads
2000 Spider Twin Spark - 17” multispokes, colour matched mirrors, OEM luggage rack, Ultra Racing strut brace, Fox quads, Zender fuel flap cover
AO Member

County: -
is it at this point that I ask how much do you want for this £500 car?

I joke, of course. I'm still getting to grips with one GTV V6, having to choose between two would be like picking out a favorite son.
AO Member

County: Ryanggang-do (Yanggang-do)

Member car:

Alfa GTV V6 1999

Values are so all over the place at the moment......the place on the South coast (name escapes me) sell good GTV V6s with Q2 diffs for up to about £9k. I picked my metallic grey car with a fresh engine that had had its belts done and near immaculate body (marks on roof got resprayed) with refurbished 17" teledials, stainless exhaust, polybushed rear, new tyres and very tidy interior for a smidge under £4k. Somewhere between the 2 is probably the value of your car.....maybe £6k at a guess.....but given that these cars (as someone has already said) seem to be picked up by people who want to use them rather than store them you may have to wait a while at £6k.

Last edited by petergar; 16-05-19 at 21:13.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

Tags
difficult , thread , worth’ , ‘what’s

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page