Help P0130 - Lambda & P0335 Sensor No Signal Fatal ! Engine Won't Start - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 28-03-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Northamptonshire
Garage
Help P0130 - Lambda & P0335 Sensor No Signal Fatal ! Engine Won't Start

Hi All, this is an odd one.

I have a 1999 TS CF2 Spider (113K Miles) and last weekend I did a 40 mile drive and parked it up outside in the sun for a few hours and then I decided to put it in the garage and the engine would turn over but not fire up, as the engine was cranking the injector light (engine management light) was on. If you just turn the ignition to on, all of the warning lights come on and then go off after a few seconds. Soon as you start cranking the engine the injector light comes on. I left the car for a few hours and it started up straight away !!.
This morning I scanned the engine ECU this morning using Multiecuscan and it had logged the following errors.

P0130 - Lambda Sensor "No Signal Fatal"
P0170 - Lambda Sensor "Intergrator Signal Low Stored"
P0335 - RPM Sensor "No Signal Stored Light ON"

I cleared the codes, went out for a drive and filled it up with fuel and went home (14 mile drive), tried switching it off on a few times no issues. Left it for outside in the sun for an hour or so and it wouldn't start !!. This time the injector light stayed on with the ignition on & whilst cranking.
I scanned the engine codes again and got the following errors.

P0130 - Lambda Sensor "No Signal Fatal"
P0335 - RPM Sensor "No Signal Fatal Light ON"

I cleared the faults, still wouldn't start. Errors came back, cleared them again the engine back fired and now is running normally with no error codes !!.
Going by other posts I was thinking it was a dodgy Crank/RPM sensor (ordered one today from PartsWorld), but now I'm not so sure as both the Lambda & RPM Sensor are giving no signal together.

Any ideas ??.

Daily Driver 2018 Giulietta 1.4 TB Multiair 150 Speciale Misano Blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Regional Support
For Lincolnshire - AOL

Often this sort of thing can be caused by the Crank Sensor so I think that you may be on the right track. I'm no expert on the Error Codes and system so will not try to offer advice on this, hopefully someone else will come along and give more advice.

Good luck.
(Post Link) post #3 of 6 Old 29-03-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige005 View Post
Often this sort of thing can be caused by the Crank Sensor so I think that you may be on the right track. I'm no expert on the Error Codes and system so will not try to offer advice on this, hopefully someone else will come along and give more advice.

Good luck.
Hi Nige005,

Thanks for the info / support. Went out this morning for a drive (12 miles), no issues. Parked it up in the garage & left it for 1/2 an hour, turned the ignition on and off a few times and the ABS / Hand brake light stayed on !! (hand brake was off, when these stay on it means the ABS ECU is not working!!). Started the car and all the warning lights went out !!.
AO Member

County: -
Just a thought - How about a dodgy or loose earth connection somewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(Post Link) post #5 of 6 Old 29-03-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchAlfa View Post
Just a thought - How about a dodgy or loose earth connection somewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was starting to think the same, I will have a look. Just tried to start the car as it has been left standing for a few hours since it last ran and fired up with no warning lights. Only difference is that it has been left in a cool garage rather than outside in the sun. I did notice yesterday that the support bracket for the Lambda connector on the inlet manifold has broken off, so tie-wrapped it in place so it takes any strain off the cable.
Regional Support
For Lincolnshire - AOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunseeker View Post
Hi Nige005,

Thanks for the info / support. Went out this morning for a drive (12 miles), no issues. Parked it up in the garage & left it for 1/2 an hour, turned the ignition on and off a few times and the ABS / Hand brake light stayed on !! (hand brake was off, when these stay on it means the ABS ECU is not working!!). Started the car and all the warning lights went out !!.
Sounds fun !!!

Had a non starting similar issue on my XK8 and was convinced that it was the Crank Sensor as it only seemed to have starting problems ( cranking OK but not starting ) when the engine was hot. Sadly a new sensor didn't fix it.

After a lot of research the fault was traced to the Bowden Cable which connects the Gear Select lever to the Rotary Switch on the Gearbox and was holding the Switch slightly out of position when in " Park. " I would have thought that this would have prevented the engine from cranking as the car thought it was still in gear but not so, cranking fine but not starting. Very odd, but as fixing this solved the problem I just hold my arms in the air and chant " I believe ! "

I also had the ABS ECU repaired which solved other electronic glitches with ABS, Track Control etc. Only cost about 130 and was definitely money well spent.

I also find that a slightly dodgy Battery can throw up a lot of errors so this may well be worth thinking about too, sometimes the only symptom of a failing Battery can be odd electronic glitches even though the cranking speed and everything else seem fine.

Hope you have success soon, hopefully it will turn out to be something simple - once you get there !

Have you seen the Lincolnshire Lounge ? Don't stay off the radar, come on in and have a look !

Next Event - TBA

Look Here ! - TBA

email: [email protected]

Old radar men never die - their echoes just fade away in accordance with the inverse fourth power law.

Last edited by Nige005; 30-03-19 at 10:29.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

Tags
engine , fatal , lambda , p0130 , p0335 , sensor , signal , start

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page