new home needed for '98 GTV V6 104,000m - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 14Likes

(Post Link) post #1 of 66 Old 24-09-18 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Hampshire

Member car:

2006 GT JTDm

new home needed for '98 GTV V6 104,000m

Hi all. Update to my original post.

My Black '98 V6 GTV up for sale and now with new MOT. 105,000miles, reg R514KBV for MOT history.
Cambelt done when i bought it in feb 2015. No original keys, 2 blue replacements.
Hope someone on here will want to take it on and get it back to looking like it should.
It has the Q2 diff, 4 good 17" teledials and Ragazzon exhaust, polybushed rear suspension.
Basic servicing i always do myself, not much in the way of service history came with the car on purchase. I've kept all receipts since.
2015: new thermostat, radiator, cooling fan, silicon coolant pipes, airfilter housing and gearstick gaiter.
2016: new rear pads and discs, handbrake cables, fuel filter, oil cooler and rear calipers refurbed
2017: clutch slave cylinder, aux belt, upper wishbone bushes, uprated CV boots (inc joints cleaned and seals replaced), front discs and pads, front calipers refurbed, power steering pump and cooling pipe, rear bump stops, front tyres
2018: rear pads and discs (replaced again due to corrosion over winter), front offside wheelarch liner, heated rear window mod done.
The drivers door is dented and a bad scrape on offside front corner. other corners of bumpers have lesser scrapes.
There is no stereo system in the car. Aircon does not work. Sigma alarm fitted to replace faulty original. Remote boot release recently failed too. Handbrake gaiter needs repair which i will try to do soon and also replace headlight foams with good ones.
Toolkit but no jack (broke a couple of years ago)
Some pics included.
I am in Portsmouth and looking for about 1800 or (hopefully) something close but open to offers. A few spares included too.
Any questions please ask.

Last edited by gazza81; 01-03-19 at 19:35. Reason: update
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 66 Old 25-09-18 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

2006 GT JTDm

Some pics of the car

https://www.flickr.com/gp/[email protected]/P2s2NU

Last edited by gazza81; 25-09-18 at 19:43. Reason: missed text
AO Member

County: Somerset

Member car:

U8 GTV 24v

Bargain for someone
(Post Link) post #4 of 66 Old 28-09-18 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

2006 GT JTDm

Few extra pics added including 2 minor bits of damage under bonnet (inner wing and in front of radiator. Just given a coat of Kurust...not before time) from accident in 2008 before i had it.
It was declared CAT D Insurance loss.
(Post Link) post #5 of 66 Old 01-03-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

2006 GT JTDm

updated
AO Member

County: -
PM sent :-)
(Post Link) post #7 of 66 Old 19-03-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

2006 GT JTDm

additional: control flaps on heater faulty due to broken cable clips.
(Post Link) post #8 of 66 Old 01-04-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

2006 GT JTDm

ok so due to circumstances with my insurance i can't insure it beyond the 11th april and have nowhere to SORN it so it is silly offer time for anyone interested. Need to cut my losses and get rid of it ASAP.
It'll be on ebay too.
(Post Link) post #9 of 66 Old 05-04-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

2006 GT JTDm

Car now sold and on to it's next custodian.
Jowey likes this.
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazza81 View Post
Car now sold and on to it's next custodian.
Big thanks to Gazza for making it an easy purchase. A good, honest car. Very happy
joeymannero likes this.
AO Member

and there she is, tucked up in the garage, having ousted the X1/9
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0419cr.jpg (163.4 KB, 57 views)
Jowey and ArchAlfa like this.
AO Member

Member car:

U8 GTV 24v

great 3 car collection
AO Silver Member

County: West Midlands
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaffMGF View Post
and there she is, tucked up in the garage, having ousted the X1/9
This is not just a PH1 this is a very early PH1 i have the same myself it can be identified by the EGR valve back right of the engine, Only 122 ever made, I have 2 of them, Good luck with your purchase keep posting on what you are upto looking forward to seeing what plans you have
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowey View Post
great 3 car collection
Thank you. It's a strange world where your most sensible car is a 2.5 V6, 19 yr old Italian saloon :-).

Not pictured are my '96 MGF VVC, my '81 Yamaha bobber and my '59 Ford Galaxie. I'm very fortunate in that I have space for them all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradpit999 View Post
This is not just a PH1 this is a very early PH1 i have the same myself it can be identified by the EGR valve back right of the engine, Only 122 ever made, I have 2 of them, Good luck with your purchase keep posting on what you are upto looking forward to seeing what plans you have
Thank you, good info and worth knowing. I don't know a huge amount about GTV's, if I'm being honest (other than I fell in love with my TS versions and wanted a V6 model next time.) I hadn't wanted one with too much work but there are a few pups about. I was warned that, with a V6 GTV, it's easy to spend 4K on a car that still needs a further 4K spending on it!

R514KBV is a very honest car, wearing a few battle scars and needing some titivation here and there. That's no reflection on Gazza the PO btw, he loved the car (reflected in the history file that he provided) but had taken it as far as his time & facilities allowed. My plans are to identify and cure a minor engine oil leak, source & fit a replacement front bumper and drivers door, a lock set (the car suffered an unsuccessful attempted break in and the pass door lock is damaged), new front seats, some heater & air-con work and an ICE system of some sort. Oh, and cutting and polishing her.
AO Silver Member

Garage
Yes that colour is i think AR632 black pearl, Its actually extremely dark grey, Park it next to a black car and you will see, Its the darkest of dark greys, Unique on PH1 it never was used for PH2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0233.jpg (143.0 KB, 28 views)
TaffMGF likes this.

Last edited by bradpit999; 11-04-19 at 18:09.
AO Member

Member car:

U8 GTV 24v

Quote:
All AR1602 24v V6 engines have that EGR valve to the inlet manifold but yes one of the rarer 916 variations.

So thats 4 of them between us, just have to account for the other 118

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaffMGF View Post
Thank you. It's a strange world where your most sensible car is a 2.5 V6, 19 yr old Italian saloon :-).

Not pictured are my '96 MGF VVC, my '81 Yamaha bobber and my '59 Ford Galaxie. I'm very fortunate in that I have space for them all.
An eclesiastic collection when taking in the full sectrum !
always day dream about 2.5 24v sportwagen as the practical daily.. few and far between these days though.

Quote:
Yes that colour is i think AR632 black pearl, Its actually extremely dark grey, Park it next to a black car and you will see, Its the darkest of dark greys, Unique on PH2 it never was used for PH2
632 Nero Metallic was used up until end of 1998, so in theory could have been specced on the first batch of PH2 cars.

Same colour as I have on my PH1 Spider,
I'm still not sure I like it. It is a full time job to keep 632 nero metallic clean ..when it is clean and parked in the evening sun its lovely.

3000 V6 24V U8 GTV 91600006 - Arese built - 27/03/98 - C530 Gearbox - 130 Rosso - 885 Tan Momo - 321 Wood pack - 17" Teledials - Aero splitter - P1 Spider mirrors - BMC CDA - Wizard Quad - Cybox ELDP - Over racing Ti strut brace - Intrax RS coil-over - Alfaholics Rear ARB - Superflex bushes - Lightweight Lacquer
AO Silver Member

Garage
I have a second PH1 3.0 24v thats also very early and same as my one on the road, Its within 100 chassis numbers of my one thats on the road, Its currently sorn and Awaiting time and money for me to get it back on the road

same everything exterior colour and red leather interior

AR632 went onto 166 of the time but the colour did finish with the end of production on PH1 there are no PH2 in this paint colour
AO Member

Member car:

U8 GTV 24v

Quote:
I have a second PH1 3.0 24v thats also very early and same as my one on the road, Its within 100 chassis numbers of my one thats on the road, Its currently sorn and Awaiting time and money for me to get it back on the road

same everything exterior colour and red leather interior

AR632 went onto 166 of the time but the colour did finish with the end of production on PH1 there are no PH2 in this paint colour
Amazing ! I'd love a second one.. never have to spend a day without your GTV that way.

I cant sat ive seen AR632 on a later car [aside from LHD specials] so youre definitely onto something there Brad
AO Member

Quote:
Yes that colour is i think AR632 black pearl, Its actually extremely dark grey, Park it next to a black car and you will see, Its the darkest of dark greys, Unique on PH1 it never was used for PH2
The V5C came back saying black but it's not black (well not to my eyes), definitely an extremely dark grey. My last TS GTV was the same colour, that was a '96 Ph1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowey View Post

So thats 4 of them between us, just have to account for the other 118
Ha! Is there a master register somewhere?
AO Member

One of the tasks with this car was that it came with no stereo. I have sourced a unit I'm happy with and went to fit it, to discover that I only have one working speaker in the car. I removed the new stereo, and tried a known-good unit in it's place with the same result. The only speaker that works is the drivers' door tweeter.

Now, I've done no further investigation at all but it seems odd to me that five of the six speakers would all fail at the same time. Before I start pulling off door cards and lifting trim (with all the clip-damage that usually entails), is there a likely common point of fail on these speakers? The wiring loom behind the stereo unit is intact, doesn't look to be hacked about at all. The feed, earth and switched live all function correctly, as does the antenna.

If you're gonna be dumb, you got to be tough.
AO Silver Member

Garage
There is no damage when you unclip the mesh covers either front or rear, Flat blade screwdriver and gentle pressure

thats my first point of call failing that are they connected aain 2 min with a torx and you can see they are or are not connected after that its a bit more of investigation, i always assume the obvious
AO Member

Quote:
There is no damage when you unclip the mesh covers either front or rear, Flat blade screwdriver and gentle pressure

thats my first point of call failing that are they connected aain 2 min with a torx and you can see they are or are not connected after that its a bit more of investigation, i always assume the obvious
I popped the door speaker covers off (very simple to do, as you say) and the problem was immediately obvious. No speakers!

Haven't checked the back yet to see if they are there or not. I have some speakers kicking around which don't fit but I'll hook them up to check the wiring.

Edit to add, no rears either. The wiring to the fronts is there and works fine. I couldn't see any wiring to the rears. (I only had the speaker covers off, I hadn't taken the boot trim off yet to check further)

Last edited by TaffMGF; 01-05-19 at 22:15. Reason: More missing speakers!
AO Silver Member

Garage
for decent speakers in front door s you will need the adaptors so you can fit some more widespread and available speakers from a much wider range, This does not change the look the mesh covers will still conceal the adaptors behind the cover

The sound is still extremely poor i might add its just not the car that was ever developed for decent sound
TaffMGF likes this.
AO Member

Wink

Quote:
for decent speakers in front door s you will need the adaptors so you can fit some more widespread and available speakers from a much wider range, This does not change the look the mesh covers will still conceal the adaptors behind the cover

The sound is still extremely poor i might add its just not the car that was ever developed for decent sound
Yeah, I have seen a few threads on replacement front speakers. Although at the moment, anything would be better than nothing!
AO Member

Off the top of your head, does anyone know the dimensions of the door speakers and rear shelf speakers? Im not near the car at the moment but am killing time browsing for speakers that will fit right in

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTV & 916 Spider

Tags
000m , 104 , gtv , home , needed

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page