Great work. Love the attention to detail on the subframe -the bits that no one gets to see.
Ha ha, thanks for that, all the little bits like that have taken a lot of time, and the Mrs thinks I'm mad, because nobody see's them, hard to get my point across sometimes.
And on that same subject, my next stage was the underside, see what I did there?
To be honest this was probably one of the most laborious jobs of them all. The entire underside was stripped back, which wasn't easy as the car was only about 2 foot off the ground.
Luckily mine seemed to have been well treated from the factory as it only had a few light surface rust patches, and all of those pesky drain flaps were totally intact and fairly clean both inside and out.
Then I used a salt remover to strip any contamination and treated all the rust, and next for future protection I applied 3 coats of a very heavy duty 2 part epoxy mastic, followed by a good few coats of a clear high temperature wax.
This stuff is pretty tough, but not as dense as say waxoyl, and needs recoating around every 2 years in normal use ,but as I won't be using the car in winter and it won't do lots of miles i can live with that as it looks nicer.