147 GTA Rising Project - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 152Likes

sye
AO Member

County: Kent

Member car:

GT 3.2 V6

Yeah, I've been going to Auto Italia at Brooklands for a few years now. The similar event at Brands Hatch is good too.
Pity about the body shop
Jean_Luc Picard likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Tyne and Wear
Garage
Looks great, even on a dull day, must be chuffed with it.

Get some pics up when the sun is shining, be good to see it in all its glory.
(Post Link) post #28 of 95 Old 02-03-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: South Yorkshire
Thank you, I am relieved the result has turned out to be very positive so I am pleased with it.

Hopefully the weather will pick up soon, I really need a full on blue sky sunny day as that's when the dynamic is at it's fullest, it's pretty sunny today but there's still too much cloud really so I'm going to have to hold off for now. I need to get a photo under flourescant in the dark as I noticed last night it brings out another different aspect, looks a bit more 8C red with some orange flecking. I'm half tempted to make this the colour I use on any possible future projects, however at the same time I'm more the sort to mix it up a bit and go a bit different each time.

Another interesting thing I'm finding is the colour comes out different depending on what device you are using to take pictures, on my dedicated Canon EOS M mini SLR it brings out the red metallic a bit more in some of the outdoor shots, however using my Samsung Galaxy S7's camera (which isn't a bad camera considering it's on a phone) it brings out out more orange but the camera really brings it out well in full on sun and blue sky. In a way it's like comparing apples and oranges but given the camera on my phone is no slouch it's interesting the amount of difference in reaction there seems to be.
alcooker and sye like this.
(Post Link) post #29 of 95 Old 03-03-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

Finally got round to fitting those new GTA carpet mats from Autostyle that had been sitting there since early January. I would happen to pick a day to do it when it was raining!

maxiboy wales likes this.
AO Member

County: -
I like the carpets (along with the rest of the car!). Pedal refurb next?
(Post Link) post #31 of 95 Old 03-03-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

Thank you. There's a few other bits that I want to do first but some interior bits and little details are something I'd like to get round to sometime. I need to get the gearstick refurbed, replace the faded badge on the steering wheel and also get a new sheet of steering wheel controls. Pedals do need a bit of a spruce up, from what I have read it looks like you strip down and repaint them when it comes to refurbing just so I am aware when the time comes?
maxiboy wales likes this.
AO Member

I painted my pedals but they don't really need it as they're aluminium. Just need a set of replacement rubbers and they're as good as new. I got mine from Australia from a thread on here somewhere. Will have a look for it.
(Post Link) post #33 of 95 Old 04-03-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

Thanks, can't find a set of originals so any input is appreciated. I know there are some cool custom ones being sold from Italian sellers on eBay but I'd prefer to go a more original route when I get round to it.

Purchased a new steering wheel badge today in the black and chrome colour so that should help freshen the cockpit a bit when it arrives.
sye
AO Member

Member car:

GT 3.2 V6

(Post Link) post #35 of 95 Old 04-03-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

Thanks sye, will send a message down the line when I am ready to sort the pedals out.
sye
AO Member

Member car:

GT 3.2 V6

Sure, np
AO Member

County: Dublin

Member car:

Alfa 156 GTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Luc Picard View Post
Thanks sye, will send a message down the line when I am ready to sort the pedals out.
If 'Phil G Aust' needs a few names on board to make a new batch of rubbers I'm interested.
AO Member

Thanks Sye - that's what I was looking for
sye likes this.
AO Silver Member

Garage
If all else fails for the pedals try MR Performance on facebook, no not my favourite site either, but this guy does pedal rubbers, and brand new pedals as well, amongst lots of other goodies, and his prices are very good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 53741175_1970686303239908_8350852742092161024_n.jpg (76.0 KB, 38 views)
(Post Link) post #40 of 95 Old 10-03-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

Thanks for that. Looks like that's another good option for what I am after, might be a bit until I get round to it still but it's always nice knowing the options. Along with the steering wheel badge I also purchased a new set of steering wheel buttons from Autolusso last week on eBay, the current ones do have noticeable wear.

I got a few initial pictures of bright sunlight on the paint today when I got back. Still a pain to capture though, I'm sure with time and better weather I'll find different angles. Looks more metallic at the front nose, probably depends on the light and where it's coming from.

(Post Link) post #41 of 95 Old 14-03-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

A few more shots in the sun today when collecting the GTA after some more work had been done, looks a bit different again and more metallic here as there is more light exposure in this area compared to at home. Again though, in the flesh still looks better.

Also got the fairly nice shape used 330mm front brake calipers on that I have had lying around since last year. Along with that Hel Performance braided brake lines and grooved brake discs fitted all round with new pads.

Wasn't all plain sailing though, the original rear brake calipers both needed replacing with new ones and will need painting at some point, doesn't look too bad as is still but at some point I'll be planning to refresh them all so everything matches. Also one of the brake lines was faulty and ended up bursting so a standard one is on for now, luckily I have the warranty card so I'll email them soon and hopefully they'll sort something out.

Finally had the steering wheel badge replaced along with a new set of steering wheel buttons.

The clutch pedal is vibrating a bit more than usual so that's something that for the time being I am monitoring. It's not very noticeable in the pictures however I have had a new sharkfin style aerial fitted on which makes things look a bit more sleek.
edraven71, Adrian_Bravo and sye like this.
AO Member

County: Notts-
Garage
Stunning - would love one of those.
(Post Link) post #43 of 95 Old 28-03-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

And now I feel the time has come for me to present an exciting development which might be of help to some in the future as well.

A known issue when I got the car was that the all important timing cover was cracked and broken, while it could still go on it wasn't exactly ideal and finding another one nowadays is hard. Luckily though, over the course of late last year and thanks to help from Gareth at Northern Alfa finding a great moulding company, a brand new cambelt cover piece has been made out of carbon fibre.

I have purchased the mould so I am able to make more in the future. Fits the 147 and 156 GTA as well as a few other Busso engined models. It has been in the car for a few weeks now and so far so good, fits nicely in there and looks the part. Still want to give it a bit more time just to be sure, either way it is considerably better than before. No more worry of potential engine exposure or the original cover getting worse now.
AO Silver Member

County: Herefordshire
Wow that looks superb. Let us know when you are ready to go into production for the rest of us!!
sye
AO Member

Member car:

GT 3.2 V6

Great work. Sure you'll have some takers
(Post Link) post #46 of 95 Old 28-03-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

Thanks! I have ordered another one, not sure when it will arrive however I'm hoping fairly soon now, before Spring Alfa Day as ideally I'd like to bring a piece with me just in case. When it arrives I'll get some more detailed pictures of the part itself.

I can't see it being long now anyway, I think if there was anything really wrong I would have found out by now but just to be safe I'll likely give it a week or two longer. I appreciate the interest, just bear in mind that given the quality of the piece and the work/development put in (mould wasn't the cheapest but that's a given with this sort of thing) the cost won't be the cheapest, however again it is aimed at being a very high quality part which is a lot better than the original, as well as looking a lot better and making that work of art 3.2 engine bay look even nicer.
sye likes this.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 71
County: Cumbria
Swish!
AO Silver Member

Garage
That looks great, stick me on the list if you get them into production.

Top job ��
AO Member

County: Armagh
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Luc Picard View Post
And now I feel the time has come for me to present an exciting development which might be of help to some in the future as well.

A known issue when I got the car was that the all important timing cover was cracked and broken, while it could still go on it wasn't exactly ideal and finding another one nowadays is hard. Luckily though, over the course of late last year and thanks to help from Gareth at Northern Alfa finding a great moulding company, a brand new cambelt cover piece has been made out of carbon fibre.

I have purchased the mould so I am able to make more in the future. Fits the 147 and 156 GTA as well as a few other Busso engined models. It has been in the car for a few weeks now and so far so good, fits nicely in there and looks the part. Still want to give it a bit more time just to be sure, either way it is considerably better than before. No more worry of potential engine exposure or the original cover getting worse now.

Sign me up for one too

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk
(Post Link) post #50 of 95 Old 01-04-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

Thanks again for the positives and interest, as mentioned when the next cover is done and with me I'll take some more photos with the info needed and if any of you are still definitely interested in wanting to buy a piece then I'll likely order the amount required for that particular time as a batch almost.

Also off the top of my head from what Gareth has told me and also looking at engine bay pictures just so that I am sure myself this cover is the same piece/fitment for the following models (I'll double check again nearer the time just so I've got full clarification):

-147 & 156 GTA
-GT 3.2
-GTV & Spider 3.2
-166 3.2 (and I think maybe the 2.5) V6 (possibly needs another hole drilling to make it fit better, although I'm sure I got told it can fit as is, something to do with where the cover goes in relation to the steering rack)
-156 2.5 V6 (given you can get a whole new engine with the cover from Partsworld for not a lot right now it's a bit of a far out option there)

For the most part it is 3.2 engined models, so mainly the GTA's, GT and less so the GTV/Spider given how rare they are by comparison.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa GTA

Tags
147 , gta , project , rising

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page