What have you done to your Giulietta today? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 535Likes

(Post Link) post #1 of 1764 Old 23-11-14 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Warwickshire
Garage
What have you done to your Giulietta today?

There seems to be a thread like this for every car here except the Giulietta (unless the autoguide app search is that useless!). As the title suggests...what have you done? Perhaps something that's not worth a whole new thread, a quick question or comment!

I got my Giulietta delivered this morning! Silver veloce, 140 2.0jtdm, already updated B&M to v8.0, debating a spider tuning box. Its a company car ( inherited it with 37k on it), so limited to my options.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: Kent
Thankfully Gilbletts , the Giulietta is not at the phase where it needs something doing every day!
Individual posts seem to cover what some people are up to. I was planning to put the 16" wheels on mine for the winter to preserve the 18s but it's raining heavily at the moment...
(Post Link) post #3 of 1764 Old 23-11-14 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cue2 View Post
Thankfully Gilbletts , the Giulietta is not at the phase where it needs something doing every day!
Oh dear...that's no fun!
AO Silver Member

County: Cambridgeshire
Today I've done bugger all to my G, it was my intention to wash, wax and clean the interior but it hasn't stopped raining since I got out of my be at 0930 and doesn't look like it's going to.............
AO Member

County: Lancashire
Well I've cleaned the interior of my car today but I think I need better fabric seat cleaner. I'm using a diluted Autoglym interior cleaner, which is great for everything plastic, rubber, glass and even leather. But I don't think its that great for the fabric seats. What would you recommend for cleaning the seats and keeping them looking new?
AO Platinum Member

My Giulietta is three years old and I've never gone beyond a bit of microfiber cloth and gentle brushing ( with a good wack to get the dust up) for the fabric. I'd avoid serious abrasion and chemicals as long as you can .
(Post Link) post #7 of 1764 Old 23-11-14 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Garage
Just use the same upholstery cleaner you would for the house
AO Member

County: Tarxien
I gave mine a quick glance this morning before leaving for work with another car. Been missing her all day but will drive her this evening
malinja likes this.
AO Member

County: Essex

Member car:

GQV TCT

I'll be dropping mine off tomorrow for a machine polish and wax ready for winter
AO Member

County: -
Re fitted my 2 front puddle lights having got the car back from the dealers on Friday. More to do tomorrow.
Club Member
Membro Medio

Club Member Number: 763
County: Cumbria

Member car:

Giulietta QV LE

Thumbs Up Wind Deflectors

Fitted wind deflectors to the front windows, can't say I'm that impressed with them.
AO Member

County: Antrim
Wash, polish, vacuum, window shine, cleaned engine bay and alloys, treated the bootliner with jet black clear ( looks fab now ) oiled and greased door locks, bonnet and boot struts.
AO Member

County: Antrim
Cue, do you ever use clay bar ? friend of mine used it on his A4, unbelievable shine after the hard work envolved
AO Platinum Member

Yes , I use an occasional claying on the paint and Autoglym extragloss sealant stuff, but I was replying about the interior when I said to use the minimum " product" .
AO Member

We're the wind deflectors genuine ones or from Heko, thinking of getting the set of 4?
Club Member
Membro Medio

Club Member Number: 763
County: Cumbria

Member car:

Giulietta QV LE

Genuine, they look good but getting a bit of wind noise off them
AO Member

County: New South Wales
I gave her a vacuum Sunday morning but left her in the garage all day. It was a blistering 45 degreess C outside today!
AO Member

Oh, that's not so good then. Was looking at them from a styling perspective rather than for air cleaning or allowing smoke out without turbulence.
AO Member

County: West Yorkshire

Member car:

Giulietta

Had to Hoover the car at 0650 this morning before I started work. Had a little accident on route to work. Ohh the joys of lone working on a Sunday morning!! By the way can anyone help me, my G is 4 years old every year in winter I have the same issues of condensation build up on the inside of the windscreen an back window. When the temp drops way below zero the moisture freezes. Can't think of what to do I use the climate control as I was advised before a while back, aparently it drys the moisture in the car, a collegue advised me a tube of salt to suck up the moisture still don't work. Does anyone else have the same problem an what has anyone done to try and solve it. And please people don't suggest rubbing an onion on the screen!!
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazim View Post
Had to Hoover the car at 0650 this morning before I started work. Had a little accident on route to work. Ohh the joys of lone working on a Sunday morning!! By the way can anyone help me, my G is 4 years old every year in winter I have the same issues of condensation build up on the inside of the windscreen an back window. When the temp drops way below zero the moisture freezes. Can't think of what to do I use the climate control as I was advised before a while back, aparently it drys the moisture in the car, a collegue advised me a tube of salt to suck up the moisture still don't work. Does anyone else have the same problem an what has anyone done to try and solve it. And please people don't suggest rubbing an onion on the screen!!
I have one of these in my passenger footwell, no condensation since using it, dry windows when I get in it in the mornings.............

Buy UniBond Aero 360 Moisture Absorber Refill from our Dehumidifiers range - Tesco.com
AO Silver Member

County: Leicestershire
Driven it 190 miles from Kirkby Stephen to Leicester, passed 3 other G's and no other Alfas, allowed my wife to drive it for the first time, and unpacked the newly delivered (and shockingly poor quality compared to the 159) genuine Alfa boot liner.
AO Member

Drove mine to and from work this morning, taking 'The Long Way Home (tm)'

Put two new tyres on it last week and had the tracking sorted, it feels like a brand new car now.... it seems to thrive on being driven. All the time!
AO Silver Member

County: Leicestershire
Oh, and also unpacked my new carbon fibre alfa wing mirror covers, which by comparison are ace!
AO Silver Member

I'd like to do this but AR original one is £400 and this one at £202 which is a fairer price is for twin exhausts out, so it doesn't fit my needs, anyone found a reasonably prices lower diffuser that's ready to fit?

Cadamuro Rear Diffuser under Bumper Spoiler with Duplex Exhaust Outlets (Alfa Giulietta) / www.gazzellaracing.com
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aureol40012 View Post
Oh, and also unpacked my new carbon fibre alfa wing mirror covers, which by comparison are ace!
That's because they were (originally) quite pricey!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa Giulietta

Tags
giulietta , today

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page