What have you done to your Giulietta today? - Page 73 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 558Likes

Old 1 Week Ago
AO Silver Member

County: Hampshire - Darn Sarf!
Garage
Yesterday my Speciale had its 40k birthday. 22 months at an everage of 35(ish) mpg according to trip computer B.

I've grown to like the TCT box. It's mostly in auto but I use the paddles for overtaking and having fun. If a twisty road appears then its in to manual and the paddles and sequential changes take over.

Roll on the next 20k miles.

No problems on car at all. I do have a slight creak from the seat when it's cold. But then again that could be my old bones!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1 Week Ago
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokerking View Post
Also did the gearbox oil change. Saw a few YouTube videos and got some ideas on what to do. 3hrs later 😄

Its a 12mm allen head required, a lot said 10mm. Also its impossible to get a socket seated and wrench to undo the drain bolt. Had to use the socket with an 12mm spanner and a lot of force. Also had an issue undoing the to fill bolt, there was an white round tube over the accelerator cable which had to be removed. A lot of videos did not have this?

Overall its made a difference in 1st and 2nd.

Filtered the drained oil and a few bits of black gunk and metal was found. The drain bolt is magnetic and this was filled also. Bit worrying!! Or would this be normal?

Sorry for the long text.
The drain bolt is magnetic as a filteration method. Naturally some wear particles will occur and it is a good idea not to treat the gearbox oil as if it's for life.
Old 4 Days Ago

County: -

Member car:

Giulietta 1.6

Quote:
Also did the gearbox oil change. Saw a few YouTube videos and got some ideas on what to do. 3hrs later 😄

Its a 12mm allen head required, a lot said 10mm. Also its impossible to get a socket seated and wrench to undo the drain bolt. Had to use the socket with an 12mm spanner and a lot of force. Also had an issue undoing the to fill bolt, there was an white round tube over the accelerator cable which had to be removed. A lot of videos did not have this?

Overall its made a difference in 1st and 2nd.

Filtered the drained oil and a few bits of black gunk and metal was found. The drain bolt is magnetic and this was filled also. Bit worrying!! Or would this be normal?

Sorry for the long text.
I've got a 2011 1.6jdtm-2 Giulietta. Which gearbox oil did you use? Am I correct in thinking it should be 75W-80 GL4 (I read that the GL5 can cause increased wear on the synchros? Such as Comma MV MTF Plus 75W-80 Transmission Fluid?
Old 4 Days Ago
AO Member

^ No, you are not correct. The manual does not mention a GL specification. Also the oil viscosity you are mentioning, 75W-80, is a multi viscosity oil while the manual spcifies a 75W only. Without doubt the correct oil will have a GL specification as this is common with gearbox oils, but the car is only concerned with these:
SAE 75W + FIAT Classification 9.55550-MZ6.

And if you wanna really treat your baby, get this oil: TUTELA TRANSMISSION GEARFORCE.
Old 2 Days Ago
AO Platinum Member

County: Kent
Wait for somebody to say Tutella is Petronas and as with Selenia itís no good...
I suspect itís pretty good though.
mru likes this.
Old 1 Day Ago

County: -

Member car:

Giulietta 1.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pujazuba View Post
^ No, you are not correct. The manual does not mention a GL specification. Also the oil viscosity you are mentioning, 75W-80, is a multi viscosity oil while the manual spcifies a 75W only. Without doubt the correct oil will have a GL specification as this is common with gearbox oils, but the car is only concerned with these:
SAE 75W + FIAT Classification 9.55550-MZ6.

And if you wanna really treat your baby, get this oil: TUTELA TRANSMISSION GEARFORCE.
cheers!
Old 1 Day Ago
AO Member

County: -Wiltshire
It wasn't planned or intended but I've been chucking my Giulietta around a car park.......I was supposed to be double driving a friends car in an Auto Solo, only to find the seat bolted down and I couldn't reach the pedals!!!! So the Giulietta took its place and performed great.......in fact, I took 2nd in class!!!
Old 4 Hours Ago
AO Member

County: Aus-
Quote:
Managed to get the rear springs done. Lowered by 30mm hopefully it may drop further. Just need to tackle the fronts now 😞

Offending articleAttachment 889581
The fronts are a pain in the backside!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa Giulietta

Tags
giulietta , today