Perelli P7s and upgrades - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 12Likes

(Post Link) post #1 of 28 Old 2 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -
Perelli P7s and upgrades

Hello. I'm not new to the forum (as been lurking here for a few months now in preparation!) but in a few days I'll be taking delivery of a Giulietta Launch Edition in Rosso with a mere 16k miles on the clock.

Car is currently being prepared and also having a BMC air filter, upgraded free flowing centre exhaust section and gearbox remap fitted before collection. Does anybody have experience and feedback of these 3 specific upgrades together on the LE or QV?

On a separate note it has 4x Perelli P7 tyres on it which I guess are the factory fit?

Cheers all.
147Alfaguy likes this.

Giulietta QV LE 558
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 28 Old 2 Weeks Ago
AO Member

Garage
Only thing I can say is my QV, picked up three weeks ago, has got Michelin on each corner.
Surface noise isn't too bad with them.

Enjoy your new QV, the launch control is a beast.
(Post Link) post #3 of 28 Old 2 Weeks Ago
AO Member

County: Australia
P7s are factory fit. A fun tyre if you like the car changing attitude on throttle. Not that great if ultimate grip is what you’re after.
You’ll here a little more induction noise with the BMC. Maybe that’ll give you the impression of more performance.
I have jut removed the rear muffler box and replaced it with the Ragazzon H2-Line exhaust to give the exhaust a little more character. Very happy. I took the centre muffler out of my Multiair. As far as exhaust note goes the H-2 Line Ragazzon produced the better result.
What gearbox reflash are you getting? It feels the gearbox programming of the Veloce/QV is different to the 4C. Slower changes than the 4C in dynamic/race.
Enjoy your LE. It’s a great GT hatch. If you’re happy with 8/10ths motoring (and anything more on public roads is ludicrous) it’s a very satisfying car to punt along.

Last edited by 147Alfaguy; 15 Hours Ago at 23:03.
(Post Link) post #4 of 28 Old 2 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
AO Member

Thanks for your replies. Picked the car up today. It's an absolute stunner. Looks, feels, smells and goes like it's only done 1k miles, not 16k. The cars turned out to have Sport Maxx on it. Presume these are not standard fit? Does anybody have these on this or the QV.. and how do they rate them? Cheers.
(Post Link) post #5 of 28 Old 2 Weeks Ago
AO Platinum Member

County: Kent
My second Giulietta came with those Dunlop tyres. That was the only bit I could see when I was in the showroom waiting for the cover to be removed! They were improved from the set I had put on my 147 Q2 which felt distinctly gappy in the tread. They were ok but I was hoping for Michelin or Goodyears. The latter seem to come out best in reviews,
(Post Link) post #6 of 28 Old 2 Weeks Ago
AO Member

My gqv had those Dunlops on when I got it, the back two were on the limit even though it had just passed an MOT but no advisories/minors were on the paperwork. I didn't like them though, thought they were quite hard compound and had no grip. I bought a full set of Pirelli p7 cinturatos and the difference was night and day, but when pushing on in corners they do scrabble for grip when applying throttle but I do drive quite enthusiastically at times especially through the corners..
(Post Link) post #7 of 28 Old 2 Weeks Ago
AO Platinum Member

Never rated the Pirelli zero Neros when I had them on the first Giulietta as a replacement for the originals.
(Post Link) post #8 of 28 Old 2 Weeks Ago
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cue2 View Post
Never rated the Pirelli zero Neros when I had them on the first Giulietta as a replacement for the originals.
Never had the Pirelli zero Neros, but don't think I'll be getting pirellis again the ones I have are the cinturato blue which I think are meant to be more economical but my driving I don't see any difference in mpg.
(Post Link) post #9 of 28 Old 2 Weeks Ago
AO Platinum Member

County: Oxfordshire
I would ditch Pirelli altogether and get Goodyear Assymetric 5 or Michelin PS4
cue2 and bitmad like this.
(Post Link) post #10 of 28 Old 2 Weeks Ago
AO Member

County: Durham
Has anyone experience of Toyo Proxes TR-1's?
(Post Link) post #11 of 28 Old 2 Weeks Ago
AO Platinum Member

Yep. As I said , thatís what I was hoping for when I collected my new Speciale. Tyres do last a while on Giuliettas! The Dunlops were still on the car when I traded it for the Stelvio. They were OK but Assymetric Goodyears are better.
(Post Link) post #12 of 28 Old 2 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
AO Member

Thanks for all the replies so far. Proving to be a very friendly and helpful forum 👍
(Post Link) post #13 of 28 Old 2 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 147Alfaguy View Post
Enjoy you’re LE. It’s a great GT hatch. If you’re happy with 8/10ths motoring (and anything more on public roads is ludicrous) it’s a very satisfying car to punt along.
A GT/hatch is exactly what I've been after and 8/10ths is all I'll ever need.. and for that this seems probably the performance bargain of the moment to fit that bill and give some passion (tongue in cheek - shoot me now &#x1f609 and a nice bit of exclusivity. Certainly is a head turner in Rosso.

I'll give these Sport Maxx a go until they need replacing and then try the Goodyear. Had Toyos on various cars before and although I rate them they do wear down way too quickly for daily road use, unless people think the Giulietta is quite light on its tyre wear if not driven like an idiot? I have been known to get 60k miles out of semi all terrain tyres with mostly road use on a new Subaru Forester.....
147Alfaguy and Justbuggin like this.
(Post Link) post #14 of 28 Old 2 Weeks Ago
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroudy View Post
A GT/hatch is exactly what I've been after and 8/10ths is all I'll ever need.. and for that this seems probably the performance bargain of the moment to fit that bill and give some passion (tongue in cheek - shoot me now &#x1f609 and a nice bit of exclusivity. Certainly is a head turner in Rosso.

I'll give these Sport Maxx a go until they need replacing and then try the Goodyear. Had Toyos on various cars before and although I rate them they do wear down way too quickly for daily road use, unless people think the Giulietta is quite light on its tyre wear if not driven like an idiot? I have been known to get 60k miles out of semi all terrain tyres with mostly road use on a new Subaru Forester.....
I think I might take a punt on the Proxes TR1's. They seem a bargain at £50 a corner for 225/45/17's
(Post Link) post #15 of 28 Old 2 Weeks Ago
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justbuggin View Post
I had a set on a nissan 200sx back in 2007

They were not great then, with pretty average wet drip and a bad tendency to aquaplane.

Tyre technology has moved on. For a Midrange tyre, try the Falken FK510.
bitmad and Justbuggin like this.
(Post Link) post #16 of 28 Old 2 Weeks Ago
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by symon View Post
I had a set on a nissan 200sx back in 2007

They were not great then, with pretty average wet drip and a bad tendency to aquaplane.

Tyre technology has moved on. For a Midrange tyre, try the Falken FK510.
Was that T1-R's or definitely TR-1's? The TR-1 is the newer version of the other and they get an average B rating for wet use
(Post Link) post #17 of 28 Old 2 Weeks Ago
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Was that T1-R's or definitely TR-1's? The TR-1 is the newer version of the other and they get an average B rating for wet use
It may have been T1-R

I wouldn't go too much on the EU label rating for grip, the manufacturers do the tests themselves, and a B rating isn't the best anyway.

Toyo Proxes TR1 - Tyre Reviews
bitmad likes this.
(Post Link) post #18 of 28 Old 2 Weeks Ago
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Anything Alfa

Quote:
I used to buy the Pirelli Cinturato's every time for my 2010 2.0 JTDM2, but last year I was a little short of cash so went for the Toyo Proxes TR-1's and they transformed the feel of the car. It felt so much more planted on the road, the road noise is no more than the Pirellis but I just found it to be a better tyre. Tonight on the wet roads they are spinning up a bit, but it might just be the fact that its the first proper rain after the summer. I found them to be great tyres that have lasted longer than the Pirellis.
Justbuggin likes this.
(Post Link) post #19 of 28 Old 2 Weeks Ago
AO Platinum Member

I used to buy Toyo Proxes and found them to be very soft , moulding to the setup. Iíd be concerned with them on the rear for a Giulietta when they are susceptible to bitting on the insides.
Justbuggin likes this.
(Post Link) post #20 of 28 Old 2 Weeks Ago
Zoo
AO Silver Member

County: Surrey
Garage
Im currently running Yokohama Advan 105s on my G - great tyre
(Post Link) post #21 of 28 Old 2 Weeks Ago
AO Member

Our Collezione came on 18" 225/40 Dunlops (with recommended pressures of 2.6/2.2 bar) but had been set by the dealer at the 17" 2.3/2.1, which is why I was pleasantly surprised at the softish ride. I run them at 2.5/2.1 in summer but they are still a hard, jolting, noisy ride.
I managed to find some 17" turbines and put 225/45 CrossCimates on. Huge relief-much more pliant, grippy and QUIET! They'll go back on next month. Anyone tried the newer CrossClimate+?
(Post Link) post #22 of 28 Old 2 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cue2 View Post
I used to buy Toyo Proxes and found them to be very soft , moulding to the setup. I’d be concerned with them on the rear for a Giulietta when they are susceptible to bitting on the insides.
I had Toyo Proxes once on a Toyota MR2 MK2 and they were awful. The sidewalls seemed so elastic that if you turned the steering wheel slightly to change lane on the motorway it would lean, then spring back slightly over neutral and then balance again. The springs and shocks were perfect so was definitely the tires.. demonstrated when I changed them to something else!
(Post Link) post #23 of 28 Old 2 Weeks Ago
AO Member

County: Australia
For what it’s worth, I’ll be trying out Pirellis’ PZ4 in sports car compound when it comes time to replace the P7s. Really peeved they don’t do a size in them for the front of my 4C.
(Post Link) post #24 of 28 Old 2 Weeks Ago
AO Silver Member

County: Gwynedd
My g came with Pirelli which I replaced with Avon zv7 and then Goodyear. The Avons are the best for steering feel and make you brave but they lasted less than 20,000miles on the front. The Pirelli lasted 30,000miles but they are not good and such a bad choice from Alfa to put on a new car as they really don't show the car in its best light. The Goodyear are ok.
My car has 16s".

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk
(Post Link) post #25 of 28 Old 1 Day Ago Thread Starter
AO Member

Just a quick update. After only having vehicle a week i noticed some small perishing cracks between all tread blocks on the rear tyres. The car has only done 16k miles but rears are the originals, being marked 12/14, so I phoned up Veloces and spoke to the owner Paul. He said the car shouldn't have gone out like this (rest of it was absolutely immaculate and very nicely prepared - but we both missed this), so at my request they've sent 2 new Goodyear eagle asymmetric 5s free of charge. Hoping to get them fitted this week and I'll report back on the difference.
symon and mru like this.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa Giulietta

Tags
p7s , perelli , upgrades

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page