Fault code - B157A-13 - DAB Antenna - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By armoore

(Post Link) post #1 of 8 Old 3 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Surrey

Member car:

Giulietta

Fault code - B157A-13 - DAB Antenna

The DAB radio on my 2014 Giulietta stopped working about 18 months ago and I recently had the fault codes scanned at my local garage (they were fixing a separate issue with the EGR/DPF) and I noticed a B157A-13 fault code. Any ideas what this code is and what might be causing the DAB to not work? The rest of the radio works fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 8 Old 2 Weeks Ago
AO Member

County: Sussex-
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris14wilson View Post
The DAB radio on my 2014 Giulietta stopped working about 18 months ago and I recently had the fault codes scanned at my local garage (they were fixing a separate issue with the EGR/DPF) and I noticed a B157A-13 fault code. Any ideas what this code is and what might be causing the DAB to not work? The rest of the radio works fine.

Hi, this is a common problem and it is to do with the aerial base, my 2015 Giulietta has been through two of them.
(Post Link) post #3 of 8 Old 2 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Giulietta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintfunny View Post
Hi, this is a common problem and it is to do with the aerial base, my 2015 Giulietta has been through two of them.

Easy fix? Did you do it yourself?

(Post Link) post #4 of 8 Old 2 Weeks Ago
AO Silver Member

Make sure you get the correct base, they have different number of leads.
Fairly straightforward, rear interior light is held in with integral clips and adhesive, the adhesive can be eased off using a scalpel or similar. Remove light and you'll get partial access. To complete access peel the rubber seal at the top of the hatch opening. Ease the headlining down a touch, you don't want to damage it. Now you can see the 22 mm nut that holds the base in place. The tricky part is undoing the nut so need a swivel ratchet ring spanner. The rest is fairly easy. Use some RTV sealant on the new base as the failure is a result of water ingress. If you take the old one apart there will be considerable corrosion got its size.
Everything lines up with pegs and slots, you'll see what I mean. I think Alfa Workshop does one of its excellent guides too.

Like this one. Cheapest I could find, you might do better.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Combinati...z2THcl01aA9Ptw
Saintfunny likes this.

Last edited by armoore; 2 Weeks Ago at 18:02.
(Post Link) post #5 of 8 Old 2 Weeks Ago
AO Member

County: Sussex-
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris14wilson View Post
Easy fix? Did you do it yourself?

Luckily both have been done under warranty, the part is cheap and looking at it it involves dropping the rear courtesy light and unbolting the base, AR techs just give it a good gob of sealant to stop water ingress.
(Post Link) post #6 of 8 Old 2 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Giulietta

Quote:
Originally Posted by armoore View Post
Make sure you get the correct base, they have different number of leads.
Fairly straightforward, rear interior light is held in with integral clips and adhesive, the adhesive can be eased off using a scalpel or similar. Remove light and you'll get partial access. To complete access peel the rubber seal at the top of the hatch opening. Ease the headlining down a touch, you don't want to damage it. Now you can see the 22 mm nut that holds the base in place. The tricky part is undoing the nut so need a swivel ratchet ring spanner. The rest is fairly easy. Use some RTV sealant on the new base as the failure is a result of water ingress. If you take the old one apart there will be considerable corrosion got its size.
Everything lines up with pegs and slots, you'll see what I mean. I think Alfa Workshop does one of its excellent guides too.

Like this one. Cheapest I could find, you might do better.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Combinati...z2THcl01aA9Ptw

Thanks, thatís really helpful! Any ideas how I find out which base I need? Is there a way to check the part number?

(Post Link) post #7 of 8 Old 2 Weeks Ago
AO Silver Member

Remove the rear interior lamp and have a look. Different versions have a different number of leads. There's a clip that tidies them away on the near side.

The one at he bottom shows the White, grey and blue connectors for cars later than 2013. I think it might be cheaper lose where but Alfa Workshop are really good at giving advice if you buy from them and 'how to' guides' as well.

https://www.alfaworkshop.co.uk/parts...ta_Radio.shtml

Last edited by armoore; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:57. Reason: Update
(Post Link) post #8 of 8 Old 2 Weeks Ago
AO Silver Member

I should add that if possible have another pair of hands ready to assist.
1. To press the head lining down a bit as you sit inside the car facing rearwards, they can also reconnect the leads.
2. To give you a hand getting out as if you have knees like mine (they seize up whilst crouched in the back doing the 22 mm nut up).

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa Giulietta

Tags
antenna , b157a13 , code , dab , fault

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page