Giulietta Has gone - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By cue2

(Post Link) post #1 of 14 Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Essex
Giulietta Has gone

I sold my Giulietta 170 veloce a while back, we buy any car ( donít ask ) and have been punting around in my Peugeot 208 GTI prestige which I must say has been great fun. But my wife has moved jobs to literally around the corner, I work not to far away. She had been using the Giulietta so Iím looking to trade in the peugeot for a bigger family car for about £20.000 after discounts. Iíve tried Kia Ceed GT 201 bhp, and Honda Civic sport 182 bhp. The Honda seems the better drivers car with multi link rear suspension. I would go for a Giulia but there just to much money at the moment, and the 120 bhp Giulietta isnít big enough or fast enough. So Iím pondering 🤔 at the moment any ideas 💡 please.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 14 Old 1 Week Ago
AO Member

County: -
What are your impressions with Honda compared with Giulietta? Since you drove it....
(Post Link) post #3 of 14 Old 1 Week Ago
AO Member

Also thinking of selling my Giulietta. I love the car, but there are some niggles that annoy me that I find hard to get over. It wasn't as big of a jump from our MiTo (which is staying!) that I thought it would be. I'm finding it extremely hard to find a car that I would want in the same price range / class though. Everything with the same power, style, comfort, mileage and price is much, much more expensive than what we got the Giulietta for (thank you AR depreciation, I guess :P). But then I look at it and I realize that it's going to be hard to part with it.

I secretly very much covet the 3rd gen Lexus GS450H as a commute cruiser. I've found that I really crave having a quiet and comfortable car when I'm not driving for fun. The MiTo is fun to toss in the corners, but less so on commutes/longer trips. The Giulietta, unfortunately, isn't as quiet as I was hoping. It should be noted that Swedish asphalt is very coarce, and most cars that would fare well in Europe get very high NVH here.

£20k would probably land you a nice 4th gen Lexus GS, he he. Plenty of power and decent mileage. The family could cruise in comfort.
(Post Link) post #4 of 14 Old 1 Week Ago
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Guilietta

How old is the Honda you are looking at? If you really are looking to drive fast the older car suffers from lift off oversteer. Really disconcerting if you go from a G to an Honda. I cant speak for the newest models but even with all of the traction controls etc my G slides when it has to!
(Post Link) post #5 of 14 Old 1 Week Ago
AO Platinum Member

County: Kent
What?

Dis Concerto?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CFA46702-89D7-42D8-96B1-7111ED4ABE00.jpg (130.3 KB, 17 views)
dgmayhead likes this.
(Post Link) post #6 of 14 Old 4 Days Ago Thread Starter
AO Member

New build 2019 civic sport 182 bhp, handles well good fit and finish. Marmite car Looks wise which I like, not golf A3. Touch screen bit **** even with Apple CarPlay. But with discount £19.500 yes Iíve mentioned price, and the door cards are quite substantial 😂. Wonít look back as much when I park it in the works car park, but Iíve gone for it. My wife has purchased a Fiat 500 lounge Which sheís sharing with my daughter. So not leaving forum, as waiting for Alfa to bring out mid sized family car in the next 3 years ✊ not into suv. saluto
(Post Link) post #7 of 14 Old 4 Days Ago Thread Starter
AO Member

Did try a Ford Focus st line x 182 bhp which handled a bit better and was tempted, but saw so many that the looks have already been watered down to such a degree, that it put me of.
(Post Link) post #8 of 14 Old 4 Days Ago
AO Member

Out of interest, how closely did the online quote match the IRL quote from we buy any car?
(Post Link) post #9 of 14 Old 4 Days Ago
AO Platinum Member

County: Oxfordshire
For 20k I would be tempted with a slightly used Seat Leon cupra 290

BMW 6 series Gran coupe?

Loads of great cars around for that sort of price.
AO Silver Member

There are a few Giulias out there for around £20k or less if you're not too fussy about the spec....
AO Member

This new Honda Civic caught my attention, but I'm a little bit worried about Honda and turbocharger combination. There are some youtube videos where 1.5 turbo is having oil dillution issues: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...+oil+dillution
Not sure did they solve it or not.
(Post Link) post #12 of 14 Old 4 Days Ago Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomper View Post
Out of interest, how closely did the online quote match the IRL quote from we buy any car?
There was a £100 difference, for a touch up paint spot just under the rear screen on the hatch. The car was low mileage and apart from that was mint.
(Post Link) post #13 of 14 Old 3 Days Ago Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by niramx View Post
This new Honda Civic caught my attention, but I'm a little bit worried about Honda and turbocharger combination. There are some youtube videos where 1.5 turbo is having oil dillution issues: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...+oil+dillution
Not sure did they solve it or not.
Seems worse in cold climates and with cars with cvt, 2019 models have had a fix😬 the engine warms from start at a higher revs. The early multiair engines had some problems as do Fords ecoboost engines. Speaking to a neighbour who had one of the first Civics with 1500 vtec his has been fine, so time will tell 🤔 For the next 3 years this will be my family car, just hoping that Alfa will produce a mid size entertaining family hatch that we can all rave About.
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmo999 View Post
There was a £100 difference, for a touch up paint spot just under the rear screen on the hatch. The car was low mileage and apart from that was mint.
Interesting. We have a similarly named (in Swedish) site that does this here. I was expecting high online quotes to bring people in for low-balling and hoping people say yes. Might give them a go for my Giulietta when it's time to sell. Seriously looking at maybe getting a Lexus GS450h now, but like Alfas they are pretty rare here in Sweden (I never learn. I should just get a Volvo).

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa Giulietta

Tags
giulietta