Australian giulietta 2017 Nav update - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 16Likes
  • 1 Post By Rachelba
  • 1 Post By 147Alfaguy
  • 1 Post By 147Alfaguy
  • 1 Post By Rachelba
  • 1 Post By 147Alfaguy
  • 1 Post By Rachelba
  • 1 Post By 147Alfaguy
  • 3 Post By haakon
  • 2 Post By iSquithy
  • 3 Post By iSquithy
  • 1 Post By 147Alfaguy
 
Thread Tools
(Post Link) post #1 of 24 Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Member
 
Rachelba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
County: Western Australia
Posts: 373
Australian giulietta 2017 Nav update

Does anyone in Australia have any idea when the Nav system is due to be updated? It was way out of date from the day we bought it. It can't find any freeway extensions or suburbs in Perth built in the last four years or so. I've contacted both the dealer and about 12 months ago I contacted Alfa Australia but have been given the, "we have no idea when" line. My other half's Jag seems to get an update almost yearly. Anyone have any further info re this?

Yvonne
147Alfaguy likes this.
Rachelba is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
(Post Link) post #2 of 24 Old 4 Weeks Ago
Status: Incurable alfaholic
AO Member
 
147Alfaguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Sydney
County: Australia
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelba View Post
Does anyone in Australia have any idea when the Nav system is due to be updated? It was way out of date from the day we bought it. It can't find any freeway extensions or suburbs in Perth built in the last four years or so. I've contacted both the dealer and about 12 months ago I contacted Alfa Australia but have been given the, "we have no idea when" line. My other half's Jag seems to get an update almost yearly. Anyone have any further info re this?

Yvonne
A good point. Iím in Sydney and only just bought my Giulietta. I wonít be in my Giulietta until tomorrow morning but will input a new suburb address to see if it is recognised. Iíll ask my dealer or even communicate directly with Alfa Oz about update availability. Will let you know in a couple of days.
Allansí better half?
Rachelba likes this.

Last edited by 147Alfaguy; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:21.
147Alfaguy is offline  
(Post Link) post #3 of 24 Old 4 Weeks Ago
mru
Status: ready for new radio!
AO Member
 
mru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Not far from here
County: Germany
Posts: 798
Garage
Sorry to disappoint you guys, but there won't be any updates.
Even if there were, they'd cost the equivalent of Ä200.....

On a positive note, please follow this thread; maybe squitthy will succede:
https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa...ds-please.html (Firmware update for uConnect not in Europe - any contacts or leads please?)
mru is offline  
(Post Link) post #4 of 24 Old 4 Weeks Ago
Status: Incurable alfaholic
AO Member
 
147Alfaguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Sydney
County: Australia
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by mru View Post
Sorry to disappoint you guys, but there won't be any updates.
Even if there were, they'd cost the equivalent of €200.....

On a positive note, please follow this thread; maybe squitthy will succede:
https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa...ds-please.html (Firmware update for uConnect not in Europe - any contacts or leads please?)
Rachelba, go to post 20 of the thread link above. It looks very promising. Try the link on that post..I didn’t go to the next page of the thread as I wanted to remain positive
Rachelba likes this.

Last edited by 147Alfaguy; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:03.
147Alfaguy is offline  
(Post Link) post #5 of 24 Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Member
 
Rachelba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
County: Western Australia
Posts: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by 147Alfaguy View Post
Rachelba, go to post 20 of the thread link above. It looks very promising. Try the link on that post..I didnít go to the next page of the thread as I wanted to remain positive
I downloaded it but my husband is not game enougth to try it in case it looses the lot. I need the nav for work and he isn't likely to loan me his car if something goes wrong
147Alfaguy likes this.
Rachelba is offline  
(Post Link) post #6 of 24 Old 4 Weeks Ago
Status: Incurable alfaholic
AO Member
 
147Alfaguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Sydney
County: Australia
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelba View Post
I downloaded it but my husband is not game enougth to try it in case it looses the lot. I need the nav for work and he isn't likely to loan me his car if something goes wrong
I haven’t yet used my Giulietta. Out playing in the 4C today and the Giulietta is getting a coat of C-Quartz so she won’t be used until the weekend. I’ll see if I’ve got updated GPS maps then.
Rachelba likes this.

Last edited by 147Alfaguy; 4 Weeks Ago at 23:08.
147Alfaguy is offline  
(Post Link) post #7 of 24 Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Member
 
Rachelba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
County: Western Australia
Posts: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by 147Alfaguy View Post
I havenít yet used my Giulietta yet. Out playing in the 4C today and the Giulietta is getting a coat of C-Quartz so she wonít be used until the weekend. Iíll see if Iíve got updated GPS maps then.
If he tries the update and stuffs it I will be driving his prized Jag. I think thats why he isn't game to try it.
147Alfaguy likes this.
Rachelba is offline  
(Post Link) post #8 of 24 Old 3 Weeks Ago
Status: Incurable alfaholic
AO Member
 
147Alfaguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Sydney
County: Australia
Posts: 143
I took the Giulietta on a short run up the Putty this morning. I had my son type in an address of a friend who lives in a new estate in Box Hill. Got the suburb but no street. The street has been in existence for at least 12 months so it looks like maps on the MY18 Giulietta needs updating too.
Anyone in Oz on here with a MY19 Giulietta?
Rachelba likes this.

Last edited by 147Alfaguy; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:00.
147Alfaguy is offline  
(Post Link) post #9 of 24 Old 3 Weeks Ago
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Australia
County: Australian Capital Territory
Posts: 56
This is why apple CarPlay is so popular - ditch the bloody awful OE sat nav for google or apple maps that actually work and are current!
Rachelba, mru and 147Alfaguy like this.
haakon is offline  
(Post Link) post #10 of 24 Old 3 Weeks Ago
Status: Incurable alfaholic
AO Member
 
147Alfaguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Sydney
County: Australia
Posts: 143
My 8 years old Garmin Nuvi with recent updates was good for the address.
147Alfaguy is offline  
(Post Link) post #11 of 24 Old 3 Weeks Ago
Status: Lost in firmware files!
AO Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Yorkshire
Posts: 170
Hay Guys,

If any of you would be able to send me a back up of your uConnect, I could have a look at making a updated map pack for you the same as I did for the EU.

The instructions and files you need are on my mega share:

https://mega.nz/#F!kURhTCbJ!uJhKPMyGiESbvQSDb33CvQ

The files would be:
"1 Magic -Alfa ROW.zip"
"2 Backup.zip"

Let me know if anybody intrested in helping / testing the update.
Rachelba and mru like this.
iSquithy is offline  
(Post Link) post #12 of 24 Old 3 Weeks Ago
Status: Incurable alfaholic
AO Member
 
147Alfaguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Sydney
County: Australia
Posts: 143
I’ll check with my dealer first, but might be interested. Thanks for the offer.
147Alfaguy is offline  
(Post Link) post #13 of 24 Old 3 Weeks Ago
Status: -
AO Member
 
markymarcOZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Perth
County: Aus-
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSquithy View Post
Hay Guys,

If any of you would be able to send me a back up of your uConnect, I could have a look at making a updated map pack for you the same as I did for the EU.

The instructions and files you need are on my mega share:

https://mega.nz/#F!kURhTCbJ!uJhKPMyGiESbvQSDb33CvQ

The files would be:
"1 Magic -Alfa ROW.zip"
"2 Backup.zip"

Let me know if anybody intrested in helping / testing the update.
Hey Mate,

I think I sent you my backup awhile back on the other Uconnect map update thread. I think you had some issues with licenses? I would still be happy to test.
markymarcOZ is offline  
(Post Link) post #14 of 24 Old 2 Weeks Ago
Status: Lost in firmware files!
AO Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Yorkshire
Posts: 170
Ok so I have been looking about and trying to figure some bits out. So far I think I have a basic 2016Q2 map pack sorted...but that is still quite old lol, unless you guys are running a 2012 map like mine was when i got it (uConnect not used in Alfa until 2014!).

Could anybody tell me / screenshot their uConnect software and map versions please?

I am guessing they will be 15.xx version software, but am intrested to know what version of the maps you all have.
iSquithy is offline  
(Post Link) post #15 of 24 Old 2 Weeks Ago
Status: Incurable alfaholic
AO Member
 
147Alfaguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Sydney
County: Australia
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSquithy View Post
Ok so I have been looking about and trying to figure some bits out. So far I think I have a basic 2016Q2 map pack sorted...but that is still quite old lol, unless you guys are running a 2012 map like mine was when i got it (uConnect not used in Alfa until 2014!).

Could anybody tell me / screenshot their uConnect software and map versions please?

I am guessing they will be 15.xx version software, but am intrested to know what version of the maps you all have.
Iíll be using my Giulietta this morning around 10. Iíll try to remember.
147Alfaguy is offline  
(Post Link) post #16 of 24 Old 2 Weeks Ago
Status: -
AO Member
 
markymarcOZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Perth
County: Aus-
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSquithy View Post
Ok so I have been looking about and trying to figure some bits out. So far I think I have a basic 2016Q2 map pack sorted...but that is still quite old lol, unless you guys are running a 2012 map like mine was when i got it (uConnect not used in Alfa until 2014!).

Could anybody tell me / screenshot their uConnect software and map versions please?

I am guessing they will be 15.xx version software, but am intrested to know what version of the maps you all have.
Here you go as requested. Looks like a 2014 map on mine?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190701_172534.jpg (78.6 KB, 5 views)
markymarcOZ is offline  
(Post Link) post #17 of 24 Old 2 Weeks Ago
Status: Incurable alfaholic
AO Member
 
147Alfaguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Sydney
County: Australia
Posts: 143
inverted photo. I’ll go again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BC0336EA-3FF6-4F6C-B178-3AD3993D5C63.jpg (80.3 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by 147Alfaguy; 2 Weeks Ago at 00:39.
147Alfaguy is offline  
(Post Link) post #18 of 24 Old 2 Weeks Ago
Status: Incurable alfaholic
AO Member
 
147Alfaguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Sydney
County: Australia
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSquithy View Post
Ok so I have been looking about and trying to figure some bits out. So far I think I have a basic 2016Q2 map pack sorted...but that is still quite old lol, unless you guys are running a 2012 map like mine was when i got it (uConnect not used in Alfa until 2014!).

Could anybody tell me / screenshot their uConnect software and map versions please?

I am guessing they will be 15.xx version software, but am intrested to know what version of the maps you all have.
Here’s a second try. June’18 build. Looks like a 2017 edition of maps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BFE458DD-8C91-4E35-96CD-5A69227D7573.jpg (81.0 KB, 6 views)
147Alfaguy is offline  
(Post Link) post #19 of 24 Old 2 Weeks Ago
Status: Lost in firmware files!
AO Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Yorkshire
Posts: 170
Ok so some mixed news then.

@147Alfaguy , yes you do indeed have the FCA / Alfa 2017 maps, that means you have 2015Q4 map files. But unfortunatly I will not be able to help you with updating your maps currently as you are running 17.35.41 which is a updated (locked down) version that I have not been able to modify yet.

BUT

@markymarcOZ , I am just finishing a pack that should hopefully update your uConnect to 2016Q2 maps, and then from there I can look at further updates if you would be able to test it?
If you are able to please make a back up of your current system as I will need you to send me it, and i will upload the update when i have finished tweaking it!
iSquithy is offline  
(Post Link) post #20 of 24 Old 2 Weeks Ago
Status: Incurable alfaholic
AO Member
 
147Alfaguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Sydney
County: Australia
Posts: 143
Never mind iSquithy, at least you can help others, so well done in my book.
Rachelba likes this.

Last edited by 147Alfaguy; 2 Weeks Ago at 23:11.
147Alfaguy is offline  
(Post Link) post #21 of 24 Old 2 Weeks Ago
Status: -
AO Member
 
markymarcOZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Perth
County: Aus-
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSquithy View Post
Ok so some mixed news then.

@147Alfaguy , yes you do indeed have the FCA / Alfa 2017 maps, that means you have 2015Q4 map files. But unfortunatly I will not be able to help you with updating your maps currently as you are running 17.35.41 which is a updated (locked down) version that I have not been able to modify yet.

BUT

@markymarcOZ , I am just finishing a pack that should hopefully update your uConnect to 2016Q2 maps, and then from there I can look at further updates if you would be able to test it?
If you are able to please make a back up of your current system as I will need you to send me it, and i will upload the update when i have
finished tweaking it!
Thanks ISquithy!

Sure thing. I will just follow the backup instructions located on your other UConnect update thread. Happy to test further updates as well.
markymarcOZ is offline  
(Post Link) post #22 of 24 Old 2 Weeks Ago
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Midlands
Posts: 10

Member car:

Jiulietta 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by 147Alfaguy View Post
Hereís a second try. Juneí18 build. Looks like a 2017 edition of maps.
Just to confirm my 2017 plate is running this version.
JJ54 is offline  
(Post Link) post #23 of 24 Old 2 Weeks Ago
Status: Lost in firmware files!
AO Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Yorkshire
Posts: 170
Ok,

Here is the test one, this is a map pack containing 2016Q2 map files. If you are going to test PLEASE make a back up of your system first as I currently dont have a recovery map pack for ROW yet.

https://mega.nz/#!YcpCWCRT!l8VQ5vwuP...tnJndE92vnUYVc

Download this pack with the ROW magic file and follow the instructions from here:

https://mega.nz/#F!kURhTCbJ!uJhKPMyGiESbvQSDb33CvQ

Good luck and please feed back
iSquithy is offline  
Status: Lost in firmware files!
AO Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Yorkshire
Posts: 170
Little update, I now have a recovery map pack for ROW, it is the 2012Q2 maps that the units originaly shiped with.

As usual its on the Mega share drive
iSquithy is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa Giulietta

Tags
2017 , australian , giulietta , nav , update

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome