Steering wheel lowering mod? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 12-06-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Australia
Steering wheel lowering mod?

Having recently reacquainted myself with a Giulietta I was wondering if there was a mod that allowed the steering wheel to be lowered a little more? Being used to a 4C I’m feeling like I’m perched a little high to get a comfortable relationship to the steering wheel. If the wheel could be lowered a little further (just a couple of cm) then a better relationship between steering wheel, seat and pedals could be achieved. Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me? Does a mod exist to address this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: -
Not noticed this, I drive with the steering wheel low enough to see the dials, I'm just over 6ft and while I'm comfortable to make it lower, and prefer it lower, I also have a keen interest in the upper end of the dials. Probably takes a bit of getting used to from a 4C!
AO Member

County: Cambridgeshire
It may not be much help, but - I came to the Giulietta from a 156 and found that the former felt much more like sitting in it, where the G is much more sitting on it. I'm more used to it now, after about 15 months, but I do still tinker with the seat & wheel positions; I'll get it right in the end.
AO Platinum Member

County: Oxfordshire
I find that the seating position in the G is a bit high up compared to my other car, even with the seat at the lowest setting..

But you do get used to it, and i am not exactly a shorty to begin with.

The centre console also intrudes into the drivers footwell somewhat, which can make it difficult to get your left leg far enough over to be truely comfortable.
(Post Link) post #5 of 6 Old 14-06-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Wizard View Post
It may not be much help, but - I came to the Giulietta from a 156 and found that the former felt much more like sitting in it, where the G is much more sitting on it. I'm more used to it now, after about 15 months, but I do still tinker with the seat & wheel positions; I'll get it right in the end.
Yep, I’ve also a 147 as well as the 4C and find the two compatible. Their steering wheel angle and position can be set perfectly for my 5’8” frame. The Giulietta appears the odd one out. Much more a sit up and beg position rather than sit in, as you said.
Have any techs who frequent the form ever been asked about this issue and can something be done, or is it a matter of just adjusting to it.
(Post Link) post #6 of 6 Old 15-06-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

I took my Giulietta on a 200km drive yesterday and fiddled with seat height (raised) to get a better relationship with the steering wheel (set at the lowest position). I feel Iím sitting perched a little high but have an unobstructed view of the instruments through the wheel. Iím thinking Iíve been spoiled by the 4C. Got comfortable in the Giulietta so all is better, if not perfect.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa Giulietta

Tags
lowering , mod , steering , wheel

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page