Ragazzon H2 line exhaust - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 13Likes
  • 1 Post By mru
  • 1 Post By 147Alfaguy
  • 1 Post By Rachelba
  • 1 Post By 147Alfaguy
  • 1 Post By Rachelba
  • 1 Post By 147Alfaguy
  • 1 Post By Teigen_K
  • 1 Post By 147Alfaguy
  • 2 Post By Rachelba
  • 1 Post By Rachelba
  • 2 Post By sizewell

(Post Link) post #1 of 21 Old 07-06-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Australia
Ragazzon H2 line exhaust

I’d appreciate anyone with experience of the Ragazzon H2 Line sports exhaust for a Giulietta Veloce/QV. How is the sound? Boomy or just deep? And how has the y-joint lasted? There are issues with some aftermarket exhausts for the 4C cracking down the length of the weld in the Y-joint. Has this happened with the Ragazzon? I’m tossing up whether to keep the centre pipe and add an H2 or remove the centre pipe muffler and go with an alternative Ragazzon sports exhaust. I did the latter with my Multiair but wasn’t totally happy with the sound. Still too quiet.

Last edited by 147Alfaguy; 07-06-19 at 11:42.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 21 Old 08-06-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 147Alfaguy View Post
I’d appreciate anyone with experience of the Ragazzon H2 Line sports exhaust for a Giulietta Veloce/QV. How is the sound? Boomy or just deep? And how has the y-joint lasted? There are issues with some aftermarket exhausts for the 4C cracking down the length of the weld in the Y-joint. Has this happened with the Ragazzon? I’m tossing up whether to keep the centre pipe and add an H2 or remove the centre pipe muffler and go with an alternative Ragazzon sports exhaust. I did the latter with my Multiair but wasn’t totally happy with the sound. Still too quiet.
To avoid any confusion, this is the exhaust I was contemplating acquiring.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 63B9CA51-1BBA-481C-A6B1-1BFBB4AB3114.jpg (60.4 KB, 16 views)
mru
AO Member

County: Germany
Garage
I have this exhaust on my 1.4MA 150HP for two years // 30T km. no cracks.
Have also replaced one of the two mid boxes with Ragazzon flex pipe.
Sound is nice, deep throathy.
147Alfaguy likes this.
(Post Link) post #4 of 21 Old 15-06-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mru View Post
I have this exhaust on my 1.4MA 150HP for two years // 30T km. no cracks.
Have also replaced one of the two mid boxes with Ragazzon flex pipe.
Sound is nice, deep throathy.
Thanks for the reply. Nice to hear your thoughts. I took my Giulietta for a drive yesterday and it still seems too quiet at a steady speed. A lovely engine sound on acceleration, but I’m kind of old school and actually enjoy listening to the engine/exhaust when on a drive. Anyone with the H2 exhaust fitted to their QV/Veloce 1750TBi?
mru likes this.

Last edited by 147Alfaguy; 16-06-19 at 06:50.
AO Member

County: Western Australia
Quote:
Thanks for the reply. Nice to hear your thoughts. I took my Giulietta for a drive yesterday and it still seems a too quiet at a steady speed. A lovely engine sound on acceleration, but I’m kind of old school and actually enjoy listening to the engine/exhaust when on a drive. Anyone with the H2 exhaust fitted to their QV/Veloce 1750TBi?
I have this back box with the sport cat centre pipe and decat front pipe on our 2017 1750 Veloce TCT, I heat wrapped the front section from the turbo to the cat. I couldn't be happier, no signs of cracking on the back box and the sound, albeit a little loud is awesome.

Allan
147Alfaguy likes this.

Last edited by Rachelba; 15-06-19 at 23:56.
(Post Link) post #6 of 21 Old 16-06-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

Thanks, Allen. I won’t be going decat but pleased to hear you’re happy with the sound. A deeper audible burble is what I’m after and I’m thinking this exhaust may provide the best compromise.
Rachelba likes this.
AO Member

Quote:
Thanks, Allen. I wonít be going decat but pleased to hear youíre happy with the sound. A deeper audible burble is what Iím after and Iím thinking this exhaust may provide the best compromise.
Hi again
The Raggazon centre pipe has a 200cell cat fitted but further back, I was advised to add a faker to it to avoid any codes rearing there ugly heads.

Allan
147Alfaguy likes this.
(Post Link) post #8 of 21 Old 1 Week Ago

County: Norway
Quote:
To avoid any confusion, this is the exhaust I was contemplating acquiring.
Did you end up getting this?

I have an exhaust leak on my supersprint exhaust (really quiet) on my 1.4 170 Giulietta. And I am considering this or the pipe without silencer, but I am worried the pipe will be too much and/or might get me into trouble with the authorities here in Norway since it is not "street legal" and the one you posted seems to be compliant.
(Post Link) post #9 of 21 Old 1 Week Ago
AO Silver Member

County: Suffolk
Chilling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelba View Post
Hi again
The Raggazon centre pipe has a 200cell cat fitted but further back, I was advised to add a faker to it to avoid any codes rearing there ugly heads.

Allan
Front wheel drive, drives like a "Barn Door on Castors". But, hey man! listen to my exhaust pipe! Doh!
(Post Link) post #10 of 21 Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teigen_K View Post
Did you end up getting this?

I have an exhaust leak on my supersprint exhaust (really quiet) on my 1.4 170 Giulietta. And I am considering this or the pipe without silencer, but I am worried the pipe will be too much and/or might get me into trouble with the authorities here in Norway since it is not "street legal" and the one you posted seems to be compliant.
I will be but not quite yet. Other expenses from bathroom renovations have priority at present, but when that’s over with the exhaust is next. Yeah, I know, bought a Giulietta, getting two bathrooms renovated and I baulk at an exhaust. It’s a camels’ back situation.
Teigen_K likes this.

Quote:
I will be but not quite yet. Other expenses from bathroom renovations have priority at present, but when thatís over with the exhaust is next. Yeah, I know, bought a Giulietta, getting two bathrooms renovated and I baulk at an exhaust. Itís a camelsí back situation.
Haha! Priorities are in order then!

I just caved in and ordered one today. The sport one with the small silencers. Hopefully it will be just what I'm looking for.

My mother just bought a Mini Countryman S today that just happened to have a Ragazzon exhaust with one big silencer, which sounded very nice. So I figured the sport version would be slightly louder.

And you know, I couldn't accept my mother having Ragazzon and not me.
147Alfaguy likes this.
(Post Link) post #12 of 21 Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:

I just caved in and ordered one today. The sport one with the small silencers. Hopefully it will be just what I'm looking for.

My mother just bought a Mini Countryman S today that just happened to have a Ragazzon exhaust with one big silencer, which sounded very nice. So I figured the sport version would be slightly louder.

When you have it fitted would you please be kind enough to report on the change it makes to the exhaust note both on a steady throttle and when accelerating? Looking forward to reading of your impressions.
Teigen_K likes this.
AO Member

Angry

Quote:

Your neighbours may not like it so much, mine calls it his alarm clock, but thems the brakes. The sound is fantastic, loud but not disturbing inside the vehicle. As I said I wrapped the front decat pipe down to the centre cat and engine bay temp is defiantly lowered and Performance has defiantly improved with the full system and its worth every cent we spent though with the Australian doller at what it is now it would have cost me almost 5 grand to land it here now

Allan
147Alfaguy and Teigen_K like this.
(Post Link) post #14 of 21 Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizewell View Post
Front wheel drive, drives like a "Barn Door on Castors". But, hey man! listen to my exhaust pipe! Doh!
Bung on a set of decent tyres and it’ll drive fine. Even with the P7’s there’s some adjustability with throttle that makes it fun. A lot more neutral than my 147 and your GT. Not quite in the 4Cs’ league, but at a third of the price, no complaints. Half the price of a Giulia too. I take it you’ve actually driven one (Veloce or QV)?

Last edited by 147Alfaguy; 1 Week Ago at 22:46.
AO Member

Quote:
I don't know about that, my husbands 147 GTA had a hard job of keeping up with the G when he had it, also now no worries of cooked head gaskets, ECU and shortage of parts like fender liners cv joints and blown diff case unless you spend the money on a Q2. If I want to play drift cars I will use my husbands Jag for that
sizewell likes this.

Last edited by Rachelba; 1 Week Ago at 05:51.
AO Silver Member

Chilling

Quote:
Bung on a set of decent tyres and itíll drive fine. Even with the P7ís thereís some adjustability with throttle that makes it fun. A lot more neutral than my 147 and your GT. Not quite in the 4Csí league, but at a third of the price, no complaints. Half the price of a Giulia too. I take it youíve actually driven one (Veloce or QV)?
GT - just a work horse. Does its job brilliantly in standard guise. But handling nothing special. Canít do much about that, given itís a diesel.

Petrol versions, not much better. However, if one wants to improve performance, itís the manifolds which need addressing. But given that seems to be largely ignored by punters, money would be better spent elsewhere. - No! Not interested in front wheel drive cars, of any marque. Not since getting my Q4. But a Giulia - yes!

147, 156, 166, GTV, Spider, Brera, 159, all outclassed by the Giulia. Exceptions being the Q4 Brera, Q4 Spider and 159 Q4ís. Although dated, the Q4ís have a solidity about them, not seen before in an Alfa. Well not for at least forty years.
AO Silver Member

Chilling

Quote:
I don't know about that, my husbands 147 GTA had a hard job of keeping up with the G when he had it, also now no worries of cooked head gaskets, ECU and shortage of parts like fender liners cv joints and blown diff case unless you spend the money on a Q2. If I want to play drift cars I will use my husbands Jag for that
You are right about that poor old Busso. Strangled and cooked, all in the same pot. Not surprised the G is better. The sheer weight of the 3.2 Busso, at the front, just illustrates the point. Front wheel drive is for small engines cars. Although the 147 GTA is delightfully ridiculous.
(Post Link) post #18 of 21 Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
GT - just a work horse. Does its job brilliantly in standard guise. But handling nothing special. Canít do much about that, given itís a diesel.

Petrol versions, not much better. However, if one wants to improve performance, itís the manifolds which need addressing. But given that seems to be largely ignored by punters, money would be better spent elsewhere. - No! Not interested in front wheel drive cars, of any marque. Not since getting my Q4. But a Giulia - yes!

147, 156, 166, GTV, Spider, Brera, 159, all outclassed by the Giulia. Exceptions being the Q4 Brera, Q4 Spider and 159 Q4ís. Although dated, the Q4ís have a solidity about them, not seen before in an Alfa. Well not for at least forty years.
Try on a 4C. Thatís a car!
AO Silver Member

Chilling

Quote:
Try on a 4C. Thatís a car!
Iíd love to. But I would need prising in and out. I admire Alfa for the 4C. But it is not a mass market product. But their philosophy for mass market offerings, ought to be more akin to the 4C. As good as the Giulia is, they are chasing BMWís tail. It ought to be the other way around.
mru and 147Alfaguy like this.

Quote:
Your neighbours may not like it so much, mine calls it his alarm clock, but thems the brakes. The sound is fantastic, loud but not disturbing inside the vehicle. As I said I wrapped the front decat pipe down to the centre cat and engine bay temp is defiantly lowered and Performance has defiantly improved with the full system and its worth every cent we spent though with the Australian doller at what it is now it would have cost me almost 5 grand to land it here now

Allan
Now I am actually worried it won't improve the sound enough with the rest of the exhaust being stock. What would you say is the next step to get more sound while staying as compliant as possible? Would prefer not getting a whole new system front to back if I don't have to. It is quite pricey.

Sport Rear Silencer will arrive on Monday, so I will find out soon..
AO Member

Quote:
Now I am actually worried it won't improve the sound enough with the rest of the exhaust being stock. What would you say is the next step to get more sound while staying as compliant as possible? Would prefer not getting a whole new system front to back if I don't have to. It is quite pricey.

Sport Rear Silencer will arrive on Monday, so I will find out soon..
I would do the full system, but we dont have mot in West Australia. Perhaps get rid of the centre mufler

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa Giulietta

Tags
exhaust , line , ragazzon

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page