Judder on start up - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 27-05-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -
Judder on start up

Hi

So I got Giulietta 1.4MA 170 QV Line just over a week ago. Love it!!

I have a slight concern though, I park it facing down a hill, and when I fire it up first thing it seems to turn over fine, then after a second or so it'll judder, only for a second, then idle normally.

Any ideas what this could be?

I'm taking it back Wednesday for the brakes looking at, I think they're warped, so will have this looked at, at the same time as well, but I just know it's going to be a 'we can't replicate the fault' thing. No lights and seems to run fine, just a little concerned.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

Member car:

Giulietta 150MA

No idea what it is, but what it could be includes a multiair problem. Best thing is to get the error codes read. They will show if there's a problem, and give an indication of what it is. They don't need to replicate the problem; the code will be sitting there waiting to be read.
AO Silver Member

County: Lincolnshire
Garage
Usually if it is a multiair problem even for only a second and long enough to record a fault code then it will put up the engine management light. So could it be something to do with the fuel after being parked on a slope. Have you tried parking facing the other way and see if the problem still happens?
(Post Link) post #4 of 5 Old 28-05-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

It's not bringing up any lights so doubt there'll be a fault code recorded.

I've not parked it the other way yet, I was going to tonight but take it in tomorrow so am going to try and capture it on my phone as it happens. I initially thought it might be a break in the fuel with it being parked on a hill, so will try it the other way. I've parked other cars in the same spot though and never experienced it. Will mention it when I take it in and if 'no fault found', will do a process of elimination.

Thanks for the replies.
(Post Link) post #5 of 5 Old 28-05-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

Also, it better bloody not be a multi air problem or I'll get it from the Mrs!! I had a 61 plate a few years back that had multi air problems. When looking recently I did a lot of research and discovered there was a fault on them pre 2012, so told her it would be fine. Was told it had better be!! Lol.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa Giulietta

Tags
judder , start

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page