Giulietta cambelt done today - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By symon
  • 1 Post By armoore

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

County: Oxfordshire
Giulietta cambelt done today

As it was a nice day, and the cambelt was coming up to 4 years old on our G I decided to change it along with the waterpump today.

The old belt and waterpump defitely showed signs of wear, although I don't think anything was close to failing.

It wasn't too difficult, apart from this guide being very vague and I would certainly recommend doing the job yourself if you are moderately spanner handy.

https://www.alfaworkshop.co.uk/Giuli...lacement.shtml

The cam timing marks they show on that guide are wrong for a start.

It all went well, apart from when I started the car after and I hadn't pushed the fuel hose onto the fuel filter properly and everything got showered with diesel (including myself)

What awful stuff that is, even after a 30 minute shower of continuous washing I can still smell it on myself...

Oh and I got sunburn on my neck.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02947.jpg (139.1 KB, 42 views)

Giulietta 2.0JTDm (170), BMW 335i Cabrio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 5 Old 4 Weeks Ago
AO Silver Member

County: Surrey
Have you taken it for a run yet? If not be prepared for the temperature warning to come up after about three miles. It's a bit of a shock but don't worry about it, it clears. Check coolant level after the run.
symon likes this.
(Post Link) post #3 of 5 Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

I did take it for a run.

I topped up the coolant on the drive before starting the engine, then ran it up with the cap off until it was warm.

Then I put the coolant on max again, put the lid on and went for a drive. I was planning on checking the coolant again in the morning when it has cooled back down.

The only warnings I got were for the Hill Holder, VDC and steering correction as I disconnected the battery.
(Post Link) post #4 of 5 Old 4 Weeks Ago
AO Silver Member

County: Surrey
All ok then. I'm pretty sure that when I did mine there were locking pin(s) for the camshaft and a locking plate for the crankshaft but it was three years ago so I may be thinking of a different car.
(Post Link) post #5 of 5 Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by armoore View Post
All ok then. I'm pretty sure that when I did mine there were locking pin(s) for the camshaft and a locking plate for the crankshaft but it was three years ago so I may be thinking of a different car.
I do have a locking pin set, supposedly for a vauxhall 2.0 diesel (which is a similar engine as we know) but I didn't use them.

I just lined up the mark on the lower pulley with the lines on the belt and set everyting from there. I did make my own marks on the covers to make sure it went back in the same place.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa Giulietta

Tags
cambelt , giulietta , today

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page