Menu Not Working - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By New Giulietta

(Post Link) post #1 of 9 Old 09-05-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -Italy
Garage
Menu Not Working

The menu, media player are not working and I can now longer connect my phone via Bluetooth, Any suggestions? I thought there was some sort of reset but if there is I can't find it. Thanks in advance!
Sorry, should have added a few details. 2012 Giulietta 2.0 JTDM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: -

Member car:

Guilietta

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Giulietta View Post
The menu, media player are not working and I can now longer connect my phone via Bluetooth, Any suggestions? I thought there was some sort of reset but if there is I can't find it. Thanks in advance!
Sorry, should have added a few details. 2012 Giulietta 2.0 JTDM
I have a 2010 car and the Blue and Me used to be extremely temperamental. I used to have to reset everything on a monthly basis but the more I did it the better it seems to have got. First thing, is your total mileage odometer flashing, if it is the module has probably failed or needs a Canbus reset? If not I would disconnect the negative pole of the battery, very easy to do with the quick release connector for about 5 minutes. Then put it back on a do the following. Start the engine, turn the steering wheel from lock to lock, wind the windows up and down on the buttons but keep them pressed on the way up long after they have actually closed and then go for a drive. When you turn on the ignition you will get loads of errors but they should clear, and if all is well you may get the menu and Bluetooth back again. Failing that you may need a new blue and me module. To get any further info you will need some diagnostic software, personally I use MES and am a big fan of it. Try the battery disconnect first though
(Post Link) post #3 of 9 Old 10-05-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isotope View Post
I have a 2010 car and the Blue and Me used to be extremely temperamental. I used to have to reset everything on a monthly basis but the more I did it the better it seems to have got. First thing, is your total mileage odometer flashing, if it is the module has probably failed or needs a Canbus reset? If not I would disconnect the negative pole of the battery, very easy to do with the quick release connector for about 5 minutes. Then put it back on a do the following. Start the engine, turn the steering wheel from lock to lock, wind the windows up and down on the buttons but keep them pressed on the way up long after they have actually closed and then go for a drive. When you turn on the ignition you will get loads of errors but they should clear, and if all is well you may get the menu and Bluetooth back again. Failing that you may need a new blue and me module. To get any further info you will need some diagnostic software, personally I use MES and am a big fan of it. Try the battery disconnect first though
Thanks for that, Seems a bit extreme but hey, as long as the car starts and is driveable after your procedure I figure it ain't working now so what the hell! Thanks again
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Guilietta

I know it probably sounds a bit daunting and the errors you get look horrible but they will reset provided everything is okay. Are you really in Italy, I know the Ascoli Piceno area very well.
(Post Link) post #5 of 9 Old 10-05-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
I know it probably sounds a bit daunting and the errors you get look horrible but they will reset provided everything is okay. Are you really in Italy, I know the Ascoli Piceno area very well.
Gonna give it a try thanks. Yes I live in Abruzzo about two hours from Ascoli Piceno. Small village Barrea in the middle of Parco Nationale Abruzzo. Retired about 5 years ago and relocated with my wife from Alabama. Happy to be out of the United States now that the orange clown is in charge
mru likes this.
(Post Link) post #6 of 9 Old 3 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
AO Member

Garage
Well, it didn't work, still no Bluetooth or menu. Guess I'll bring it somewhere to have it looked at. Thanks for the help.
(Post Link) post #7 of 9 Old 2 Weeks Ago
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Guilietta

Hi, I missed your reply about the orange clown you could be English and what a mess we are in at the moment! One of my wifes favourite films is Sweet Home Alabama. Anyways back to your car, I may be wrong but I think you may have two problems, Blue and me is one module and the dashboard is another separate Canbus node. Is your total mileage odometer flashing? Have you changed anything electrical on the car? Even a new window switch needs a proxy re-alignment, I think you're going to need someone with software to investigate further. Try and contact a local Alfa car club before going to the dealers, there will be someone like me that can help you a bit closer.
(Post Link) post #8 of 9 Old 2 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
Hi, I missed your reply about the orange clown you could be English and what a mess we are in at the moment! One of my wifes favourite films is Sweet Home Alabama. Anyways back to your car, I may be wrong but I think you may have two problems, Blue and me is one module and the dashboard is another separate Canbus node. Is your total mileage odometer flashing? Have you changed anything electrical on the car? Even a new window switch needs a proxy re-alignment, I think you're going to need someone with software to investigate further. Try and contact a local Alfa car club before going to the dealers, there will be someone like me that can help you a bit closer.
Yes the mileage is flashing. I was wondering if replacing the B&M module with a used one would be helpful but then there is a compatibility problem I suppose. I see quite a few used modules on Ebay. My local mechanic had a look at it yesterday while he was checking the alternator (battery was dead in the morning) but couldn't find anything with the scanner. So questions are, can a used module work if it's from another car and where is the module located?

I understand the Brexit thing but the United States basically has a corrupt, lying, traitor, phony president. I'm actually quite stunned at the current world condition right now and two countries that used to set the world stage are fast becoming third world banana republics

Thanks for the help.
(Post Link) post #9 of 9 Old 2 Weeks Ago
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Guilietta

The flashing mileage definitely means you need a proxy realignment. I don't know how the stuff on ebay will work? It probably should work with the proxy re-alignment but I've never done it myself?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa Giulietta

Tags
menu , working

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page