Euro V or Euro VI engine in Giulietta MA - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 10 Old 10-01-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Cheshire
Euro V or Euro VI engine in Giulietta MA

Hi All,
I'm a long time lurker and absorber of much wisdom, it's amazing this site is so well supported with such great knowledge and commitment to the Alfa cause.

My question is quite simply do I have a Euro V or Euro VI engine in my G. It is a September 2014 car with the 170 MA engine, pre-facelift externally but with internal facelift (eg. DAB radio). Some sites suggest I have a Euro V engine and need 5W40 ACEA C3 oil, other sites suggest it has a Euro VI engine and needs 0W30 ACEA C2 oil (as does the handbook - recommends FIAT spec 9.55535-GS1). Any thoughts?

In my old days of maintaining my TR6 it was simply a case of looking at the engine number and that would help narrow down which fittings / specifications I needed, but it seems that isn't where you guys look for definitive answers, and that 2014 was a bit of an overlap year for the engine, so before ploughing on with an oil change I'd like to make sure I have the preferred spec oil to hand.

I'm tending towards the 0W30 oil grade, but if enough people recommend the 5W40, I'm happy to go with the majority / most persuasive!

Thanks tonnes,

Dave.

Previous car history: VW Polo GLS; VW Golf LS; VW Scirocco GT (beautiful!); Triumph TR6; Toyota Corolla; Alfa Romeo GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

County: -
Can you check on V5 as would imagine the euro VI will have lower emissions? You should be able to find details online of both engines emissions then to determine what yours is??

County: Cambridgeshire
DVLA records might give the Euro standard. Put in the ref and it’ll bring up the details
https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk
(Post Link) post #4 of 10 Old 10-01-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Cheshire
Thanks guys.
Iron Duke, I tried the DVLA link, but it came back as Euro Status as "Not AVailable"!!

As for the emissions data, I have the V5, I'll have a dig around to see if I can find the Euro emissions specs and work it out from there.

Much appreciated,

Dave.

County: Cambridgeshire
Ah, I did wonder my 2010 doesn’t have the Euro data on there but thought it was worth a shot. The emissions data should be there though.
(Post Link) post #6 of 10 Old 2 Weeks Ago

County: Essex
Is there anyway of converting a Euro 5 to 6?
(Post Link) post #7 of 10 Old 2 Weeks Ago
AO Member

County: West Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrito View Post
Hi All,
I'm a long time lurker and absorber of much wisdom, it's amazing this site is so well supported with such great knowledge and commitment to the Alfa cause.

My question is quite simply do I have a Euro V or Euro VI engine in my G. It is a September 2014 car with the 170 MA engine, pre-facelift externally but with internal facelift (eg. DAB radio). Some sites suggest I have a Euro V engine and need 5W40 ACEA C3 oil, other sites suggest it has a Euro VI engine and needs 0W30 ACEA C2 oil (as does the handbook - recommends FIAT spec 9.55535-GS1). Any thoughts?

In my old days of maintaining my TR6 it was simply a case of looking at the engine number and that would help narrow down which fittings / specifications I needed, but it seems that isn't where you guys look for definitive answers, and that 2014 was a bit of an overlap year for the engine, so before ploughing on with an oil change I'd like to make sure I have the preferred spec oil to hand.

I'm tending towards the 0W30 oil grade, but if enough people recommend the 5W40, I'm happy to go with the majority / most persuasive!

Thanks tonnes,

Dave.
The Euro 6 standard was introduced in Sep 15 so unlikely that relates to your car.
Loads of threads on here about choice of oil. Pick the correct one for the car, not by who shouts loudest! MA is particularly sensitive to the the having the correct oil.
Er, no, I can't imagine you can convert to Euro 6 unless you had unlimited time and budget and even then it would still be a Euro V for tax purposes.
(Post Link) post #8 of 10 Old 2 Weeks Ago
AO Member

County: Greater Manchester
You need the 0w30 C2 spec oil in your car.
(Post Link) post #9 of 10 Old 2 Weeks Ago

County: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardlansom View Post
You need the 0w30 C2 spec oil in your car.
Unless as suggested it’s a Euro v on 2014 model year then it’s 5w/40 c3
(Post Link) post #10 of 10 Old 2 Weeks Ago

County: Kent
The service intervals shortened at the same time as the change in the oil used. The earlier oil will have fewer service stamps in the book?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa Giulietta

Tags
engine , euro , giulietta

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page