Quadrifoglio diff replacement - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By Ruskins
  • 1 Post By Andy Bowden
  • 1 Post By Finguz

(Post Link) post #1 of 13 Old 11-09-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: North Yorkshire
Quadrifoglio diff replacement

My 2018 Quadrifoglio on 14500 miles is currently having it's diff replaced under warranty after I complained about droning/humming, clicking and bearing whine from the rear end.

Is there anybody else on these forums with a 2018 car that has had a diff replaced?

Last edited by Finguz; 11-09-19 at 10:29.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finguz View Post
My 2018 Quadrifoglio on 14500 miles is currently having it's diff replaced under warranty after I complained about droning/humming, clicking and bearing whine from the rear end.

Is there anybody else on these forums with a 2018 car that has had a diff replaced?
Not had it changed but my 2018 has the same problem... whine when on motorway, mentioned it at last service but was told it could be just tyre noise ... but itís not and I will certainly be going back about it at some point... good luck hope it cures it .
AO Silver Member

Quote:

There was someone, I forget whom.

Andy
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Bowden View Post
There was someone, I forget whom.

Andy
There are some posts here:
https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa...f-problem.html (An unusual QF problem)
(Post Link) post #5 of 13 Old 4 Weeks Ago
AO Silver Member

County: Oxfordshire
Garage
I had mine replaced under warranty - reported a rattle and they found metal in the diff oil so replaced it - £5000 part!!
Finguz likes this.
(Post Link) post #6 of 13 Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskins View Post
I had mine replaced under warranty - reported a rattle and they found metal in the diff oil so replaced it - £5000 part!!
Did they mention what had happened or provide any further details? After it was replaced did you have to get the diff oil changed after several hundred miles or just continue with the regular service schedule?

Last edited by Finguz; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:15.
(Post Link) post #7 of 13 Old 4 Weeks Ago
AO Silver Member

County: Oxfordshire
Garage
Quote:
Did they mention what had happened or provide any further details? After it was replaced did you have to get the diff oil changed after several hundred miles or just continue with the regular service schedule?
Motorvogue Bedford did not offer any details other than they were replacing the diff - I didnt get any paperwork either - they were awful.
(Post Link) post #8 of 13 Old 4 Weeks Ago
AO Silver Member

Quote:
The service schedule in the FM does not specify a oil change period for the diff. Leading one to suppose it's a sealed for life unit.

Andy
Finguz likes this.
(Post Link) post #9 of 13 Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
The service schedule in the FM does not specify a oil change period for the diff. Leading one to suppose it's a sealed for life unit.

Andy
Thanks Andy, I knew there was no specific mention of changing the oil in the manual. The car will hopefully be ready to collect this coming Tuesday and we intend to to spend the next two weeks driving around Scotland in it, so was hoping we wouldn't need an early oil change for the diff. I assume it will be changed periodically during routine servicing every 30 - 60000 miles or so.

Fingers crossed.
(Post Link) post #10 of 13 Old 4 Weeks Ago
AO Silver Member

Quote:
... I assume it will be changed periodically during routine servicing every 30 - 60000 miles or so.

I doubt it. No garage is going to change the oil if it's not mentioned in the service schedule. Like I said I believe it to be sealed for life.

Andy
(Post Link) post #11 of 13 Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
I doubt it. No garage is going to change the oil if it's not mentioned in the service schedule. Like I said I believe it to be sealed for life.

Andy
Quote:
Which DTC codes were active? The one signaling the need for a differential oil change (C2633-68), perhaps you had C2657-68 or C2658-68, which trigger when wear limits are reached on the clutch packs?
The car will apparently let you/the dealer know when the diff oil or clutch packs require service.
Andy Bowden likes this.
(Post Link) post #12 of 13 Old 4 Weeks Ago
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Which DTC codes were active? The one signaling the need for a differential oil change (C2633-68), perhaps you had C2657-68 or C2658-68, which trigger when wear limits are reached on the clutch packs?

The car will apparently let you/the dealer know when the diff oil or clutch packs require service.
Useful information thanks. Though as I don't do track days and very rarely use RACE, I'll be disappointed if either warning appears in my ownership of the car, even though I'm intending to keep it for several years more.

Andy
(Post Link) post #13 of 13 Old 2 Weeks Ago
AO Member

County: South Yorkshire
Like a number of owners I have started to notice a small rattle, driver's side rear quarter. Booked it into Stoneacre Chesterfield and today took the car in for them to investigate. Went out for a drive with a technician and for the life of me couldn't get the car to produce the rattle again. The technician to be fair, said he would take a look and thankfully he identified the o/s/r roll bar link needs replacing. All to be done under warranty.

It's not often I have said this in regards to Alfa Romeo, but in this instance the service I received was first class. Big thank you to Sean the technician @ Alfa Romeo (Stoneacre). He certainly know his stuff in regards to the QV.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa Giulia

Tags
diff , quadrifoglio , replacement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page