New Guilia Owner - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 7Likes
  • 3 Post By Isotope
  • 2 Post By Isotope
  • 2 Post By cue2

(Post Link) post #1 of 10 Old 4 Days Ago Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: -

Member car:

Anything Alfa

New Guilia Owner

I bought a 180 jtdm2 Gulia today and its a brilliant car. Its a speciale with the red calipers etc and what a drivers machine! My wife set off home before me, I had to stop for fuel and just like Jeremy Clarkeson on a challenge I caught her up about 1.5 miles from home. So had to beat her home! I can't publicise the speeds but I got home before her!!
cue2, Nickhoughton567 and Cybrnite like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 10 Old 4 Days Ago
AO Silver Member

County: Lancashire
+10% of the limit and another 2, right?
(Post Link) post #3 of 10 Old 4 Days Ago Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Anything Alfa

Probably around 20% of the limit, but really impressed with the Guilia, I'm going to have to relearn the limits of front and rear wheel drive cars!
bucketbot and Nickhoughton567 like this.
Club Member
Membro Medio

Club Member Number: 1019
County: West Midlands
Garage

Member car:

Giulia

….and another new Giulia owner, back from the wastelands of Volvo. Yes, the first cars are more affordable now. Just can't believe what a step up the Giulia is from everything else I've ever had: it feels so nimble and yet so solid. First automatic so I'm having difficulty assessing exactly how quick it is
(Post Link) post #5 of 10 Old 1 Day Ago Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Anything Alfa

I get that, my first Automatic as well, but I'm thinking long term ownership, means maximum performance for the engine size with no clutch or flywheel issues to have to pay for. The Guilia has another 130 nm over the Giulietta JTDM2 and it feels very quick, admittedly another 200cc's but, it feels so much more solid on the road. My only issue is that after 30 years of FWD cars I'm not sure how far to push a RWD car, feels like I have got a steep learning curve infront of me to get the same experience from both cars!
AO Platinum Member

County: Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by andypj View Post
Ö.and another new Giulia owner, back from the wastelands of Volvo. Yes, the first cars are more affordable now. Just can't believe what a step up the Giulia is from everything else I've ever had: it feels so nimble and yet so solid. First automatic so I'm having difficulty assessing exactly how quick it is
Welcome back!
AO Member

County: Cambs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isotope View Post
My only issue is that after 30 years of FWD cars I'm not sure how far to push a RWD car, feels like I have got a steep learning curve infront of me
The Speciale is a great car and the handling of the Giulia is superb, I have only felt the back end slip twice and I drive mine hard in D mode all the time, both times the systems kicked in and straightened her out before I needed to. I love mine and I have done over 26K miles so far. I just came back from the Italian Grand Prix and hired a car for the 4 days, a Fiat 500XL was what they gave me, the pedal position was so bad it damn near crippled me... made me appreciate even more what a great car my Giulia is, enjoy.
Club Member
Membro Medio

Garage

Member car:

Giulia

Quote:
Originally Posted by cue2 View Post
Welcome back!
Thanks Cue, after being in the wilderness for 11 months I'm back in an an Alfa! It is just so impressive on all fronts! I'll have to read the Stelvio thread to see how you've got on with yours!
(Post Link) post #9 of 10 Old 23 Hours Ago
AO Platinum Member

County: Kent
I havenít written a review. I always find them strange, as if the writer is the only person to have experience of the car. The Stelvio is good but only just about to reach 4000 miles since December as I retired from the industry, very happily , to spend more time with my family and my bikes!
andypj and Nickhoughton567 like this.
(Post Link) post #10 of 10 Old 31 Minutes Ago
Club Member
Membro Medio

Garage

Member car:

Giulia

Quote:
Originally Posted by cue2 View Post
I havenít written a review. I always find them strange, as if the writer is the only person to have experience of the car. The Stelvio is good but only just about to reach 4000 miles since December as I retired from the industry, very happily , to spend more time with my family and my bikes!
I think you're a bit ahead of me here! Mines a 66 plate Technica with 36k on the clock & with the miles I do it'll increase quite rapidly. Thing is its just a lovely place to be: it's so easy to drive after the manual labour of the Volvo! Congratulations on your retirement (belatedly sorry), that's something I'm looking forward to too.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa Giulia

Tags
guilia , owner