Monza Red with 19” Dark Petal Diamond Finish Alloys - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 9Likes
  • 2 Post By danieldvblue
  • 1 Post By danieldvblue
  • 2 Post By danieldvblue
  • 1 Post By anj747
  • 2 Post By Scotital
  • 1 Post By Scotital

(Post Link) post #1 of 16 Old 18-05-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -
Monza Red with 19” Dark Petal Diamond Finish Alloys

Hi guys,

Been lurking for a few days checking out everyone’s amazing configurations. On the verge of ordering a Veloce in Monza Red with the Dark Petal wheels. Anyone have any opinions on this configuration?

Would have loved to have got the proper dark wheels, but as you know, they aren’t available for the Veloce.

Also, tried searching but cannot find a single pic of any car (in any colour) with the dark petal wheels, other than on the configurator - and now having second thoughts on Monza Red also.

Argh.. any advice would be much appreciated!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 02114710-9D9F-447C-8DA6-AA5CA2438AE6.jpg (41.3 KB, 85 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Surrey
Monza Red with 19” Dark Petal Diamond Finish Alloys

It’s all very subjective so difficult to give advice to someone else when it’s down to personal preference.

I wouldn’t order the car without seeing the colour/wheels first. It’s unlikely you will find the same spec on one car but you will be able to find a Monza red and a car with the alloys. Join the AROC Giulia register on Facebook and ask there. I have seen both options on there.

I recently saw the petal wheels in Beechdale’s showroom (Derby) on a Stelvio and and they do look good. I prefer the traditional 5 holes though. I am also a little wary of diamond cuts. I have no experience of this but have heard they are more difficult and more expensive to repair if you kerb them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cue2 and anj747 like this.

Previous Alfas:

159 SW 1.9 JTDM Ti (2011-2018)
146 1.7 16V T.Spark (2003-2005)
Giulia Veloce (2018-2019)

Last edited by danieldvblue; 18-05-19 at 06:27.
AO Member

3litrev6 likes this.
AO Member

Top Down and caymanblack like this.
AO Member

All photos from the AROC FB group

(Post Link) post #6 of 16 Old 18-05-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

Thank you so much for the photos, very helpful! Popping in to a dealer this morning to check them out. The Misano blue in the picture looks particularly good!
danieldvblue likes this.
AO Member

County: Italy , UK.
I like the Monza red, especially in the sunshine. those diamond petal wheels though, no.
AO Member

County: Oxfordshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by danieldvblue View Post

All photos from the AROC FB group

Yes, the MC Blue Veloce in the pics are actually of my car as posted by me on AROC FB group. I previously had a Monza Red Giulia with the dark grey 5 hole wheels (now std on Veloce) but the Monza red, just like MC Blue, although great colours are both kinda' dull when not sparkly clean in the sunshine. That's why I chose the 'Petal Design" option i.e. to give it a bit of a visual 'lift'. The bright highlights on them are more highly polished than on 'normal' diamond cut wheels. About damage repair, I try very hard not to damage them because they do indeed look like they would be more challenging in that regard.

For the record, I didn't go for Qf style because I didn't want to look like a wannabe Qf driver
danieldvblue and anj747 like this.

Last edited by Scotital; 18-05-19 at 14:04. Reason: clarification
(Post Link) post #9 of 16 Old 18-05-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caymanblack View Post
I like the Monza red, especially in the sunshine. those diamond petal wheels though, no.
Thank you for your input. The wheels on the configurator don’t really reflect the brightness of the diamond finish. I kind of like a darker look, but will keep checking these photos to see if they grow on me.
(Post Link) post #10 of 16 Old 18-05-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotital View Post
Yes, the MC Blue Veloce in the pics are actually of my car as posted by me on AROC FB group. I previously had a Monza Red Giulia with the dark grey 5 hole wheels (now std on Veloce) but the Monza red, just like MC Blue, although great colours are both kinda' dull when not sparkly clean in the sunshine. That's why I chose the 'Petal Design" option i.e. to give it a bit of a visual 'lift'. The bright highlights on them are more highly polished than on 'normal' diamond cut wheels. About damage repair, I try very hard not to damage them because they do indeed look like they would be more challenging in that regard.

For the record, I didn't go for Qf style because I didn't want to look like a wannabe Qf driver
Stunning car. I think the wheels suit more the blue cars, than perhaps the red I had in mind.
AO Member

County: Cambs
Quote:
kinda' dull when not sparkly clean in the sunshine.
I agree, my Monza Red Speciale (no longer an available choice on the configurator) looks superb after a good clean and in the sun, I prefer it to the Alfa Red (which was my original choice) as they leant me one in that when my car was in for the warranty work on the headlight and it was too bright for me, the wife hated it too, she loves the Monza Red, mind you lucky me she has refused to drive the Alfa and I have had it 11 months now.
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbarbers View Post
I agree, my Monza Red Speciale (no longer an available choice on the configurator) looks superb after a good clean and in the sun, I prefer it to the Alfa Red (which was my original choice) as they leant me one in that when my car was in for the warranty work on the headlight and it was too bright for me, the wife hated it too, she loves the Monza Red, mind you lucky me she has refused to drive the Alfa and I have had it 11 months now.
Now everyone, this is just my opinion, my personal preference so don't all start jumping up and down. We're all entitled to different opinions, so:
IMO, Giulia has a lot of surface area so colours such as Alfa red and white are too 'in-ya'-face' although they look great on other models such as 159 and Giulietta. Even Misano which I like very very much and which I think looks excellent on the ultimate 4c consignment for USA was for me a bit much, hence my choice of the darker colours even in full realisation of dullness in dull conditions. Mind you, all of the modern 'metallics' lose their sparkle completely when not in sunshine. (Do they still use metallic flake in those paints or some plastic based concoction??)
AO Member

I've got a Monza red veloce on order with the multi spoke wheels. Don't think dark wheels work with dark colours. Makes the car look too pimp my ride.
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1grm View Post
I've got a Monza red veloce on order with the multi spoke wheels. Don't think dark wheels work with dark colours. Makes the car look too pimp my ride.
Ah now...I see a different picture...a lovely partner in a dark blue dress, slightly iridescent, black tights and black shoes with silver buckles ! My idea of gorgeous...but of course, personal preferences are just that; personal...
(Post Link) post #15 of 16 Old 4 Weeks Ago
AO Member

County: Cheshire

Member car:

Giulia Speciale

Quote:
Now everyone, this is just my opinion, my personal preference so don't all start jumping up and down. We're all entitled to different opinions, so:
IMO, Giulia has a lot of surface area so colours such as Alfa red and white are too 'in-ya'-face' ...
Unless you have the panoramic roof, which IMHO reduces that surface area and works really well with the lighter colours....but maybe I am biased

(grainy photo due to rubbish mobile phone camera)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170704_211648975.jpg (106.9 KB, 27 views)
(Post Link) post #16 of 16 Old 4 Weeks Ago
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeTeeS View Post
Unless you have the panoramic roof, which IMHO reduces that surface area and works really well with the lighter colours....but maybe I am biased

(grainy photo due to rubbish mobile phone camera)
Oh but I agree @DeeTeeS , the pan roof works well with every colour, white in particular almost 'demands' it from a visual perspective *IMO*. I even considered pan roof for my MC blue to retain or even enhance my 'gorgeous partner's' generally dark theme...but I had to draw the line somewhere...
matty74 likes this.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa Giulia

Tags
19” , alloys , dark , diamond , finish , monza , petal , red

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page