Monza red with tan interior - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By MacGeek
  • 1 Post By Top Down
  • 1 Post By Bulhead68
  • 1 Post By Top Down

(Post Link) post #1 of 16 Old 2 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -
Thumbs Down Monza red with tan interior

Why is Monza red only available with black interior? Tan is available with every single colour except Monza red. Red with tan is a classic combination IMHO. Just look at all the red and tan Ferrari's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 16 Old 2 Weeks Ago
AO Member

County: Oxfordshire
And why isn't red interior available with MC blue? Who knows??
(Post Link) post #3 of 16 Old 2 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
AO Member

Dealer has said they can get the car reupholstered after delivery for 1200. Seems a bit drastic but that looks like quite a good price to me. I wonder how that would affect warranty and if it would be as good as factory finish?
(Post Link) post #4 of 16 Old 1 Week Ago
AO Silver Member

County: Cardiff

Member car:

Giulia Veloce

Monza red isnt really red, its more like a burgandy colour.
(Post Link) post #5 of 16 Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter
AO Member

Yeah I know. A bit like this:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...esearchad=Used

Personally I think it's gorgeous and the perfect colour combination. I can't understand why they won't sell it. Unless they are worried about too many Alfa's running round looking like Ferraris which I doubt!

Another option would be dark grey with red interior. What would be the closest grey to Argento Silverstone on a Ferrari? Sort of gun metal. Also am I right in thinking Lipari Grey has a hint of Maroon in it?

Honestly I'm so miffed at this I've started pricing the 4 series and A5's. Black interiors are just so bland.
(Post Link) post #6 of 16 Old 1 Week Ago
AO Member

Ask the dealer which trimmer they are proposing to use and then look for reviews of the trimmers work. I have had a lot of trim work done (both on classic restorations and in new cars) and if the trimer is good you will not be able to tell that it isn't OEM. A good trimmer should be able to source the leather Alfa use if you want an exact match to OEM. You also have the option to select either a better quality of leather or a slightly different shade of colour should you wish.
(Post Link) post #7 of 16 Old 1 Week Ago
AO Member

County: Torino

Member car:

MiTo, 8C Spider

Technically, it would be possible to special order it as a one-off. Dealers can ask for "out-of-grid" configurations when placing factory orders. But it would require approval from (and connections with) HQ in Italy.

Five Rosso Monza Giulias with some kind of tan interior have ever been ordered so far: one with tan Sport seats (in the Netherlands), and four with black/tan cloth+leatherette seats (in Italy, Greece, Poland and Switzerland).
cue2 likes this.
(Post Link) post #8 of 16 Old 1 Week Ago Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGeek View Post
Technically, it would be possible to special order it as a one-off. Dealers can ask for "out-of-grid" configurations when placing factory orders. But it would require approval from (and connections with) HQ in Italy.

Five Rosso Monza Giulias with some kind of tan interior have ever been ordered so far: one with tan Sport seats (in the Netherlands), and four with black/tan cloth+leatherette seats (in Italy, Greece, Poland and Switzerland).
Interesting. Thanks. Might be worth speaking to Alfa UK then and skipping the dealer?
(Post Link) post #9 of 16 Old 1 Week Ago
AO Silver Member

County: West Sussex
Monza red is in fact truer to the original Alfa red of the 1930's and I agree black is wrong (on almost any car)
Cutterbuck likes this.
AO Member

County: Northamptonshire

Member car:

Giulia Veloce

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1grm View Post
Yeah I know. A bit like this:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...esearchad=Used

Another option would be dark grey with red interior. What would be the closest grey to Argento Silverstone on a Ferrari? Sort of gun metal. Also am I right in thinking Lipari Grey has a hint of Maroon in it?
I have the Lipari Grey and it has a red/gold metallic fleck in it, but only really comes out in direct sunlight. I also have the tan interior and I think this combo is perfect (but very few agree with me as Lipari is one of the least ordered colours). The colour actually goes from a flat grey through to a blue grey and then a gold flecked grey in sunlight. Love it
AO Platinum Member

County: Kent
Is that the grey they made a batch of Giuliettas in 2016 for the facelift launch?
AO Platinum Member

This one
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg BB2F8A34-575E-492D-86A9-14CD465723EA.jpeg (165.8 KB, 25 views)
AO Member

County: Northamptonshire

Member car:

Giulia Veloce

Quote:
Originally Posted by cue2 View Post
This one
Yep, this is me
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1166.jpg (128.8 KB, 15 views)
cue2 likes this.
AO Member

County: Torino

Member car:

MiTo, 8C Spider

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1grm View Post
Interesting. Thanks. Might be worth speaking to Alfa UK then and skipping the dealer?
I'd try through the dealer first, they should know about that possibility (at least the back office people should).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulhead68 View Post
I have the Lipari Grey (...) and I think this combo is perfect (but very few agree with me as Lipari is one of the least ordered colours).t
Excluding Grigio NRing for obvious reasons, it is the least ordered colour worldwide, with a grand total of 1856 cars built so far. Second least ordered in the UK, with 64 cars (first is Titanio Imola with 62 cars).
AO Platinum Member

The salesman who sold me my Stelvio and my Giulietta before that told me the U.K. dealers never asked for the relatively large batch of 1.6 jtdm Giuliettas in that grey with red leather and TCT . I think they looked quite interesting but it also looked like most had to be pre-registered.
AO Silver Member

County: West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by cue2 View Post
The salesman who sold me my Stelvio and my Giulietta before that told me the U.K. dealers never asked for the relatively large batch of 1.6 jtdm Giuliettas in that grey with red leather and TCT . I think they looked quite interesting but it also looked like most had to be pre-registered.
Grey with red looks good, that was a colour I carefully considered for my Giulia.
cue2 likes this.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa Giulia

Tags
interior , monza , red , tan

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page