Wet, cold feet on turning left - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 5Likes

AO Silver Member

You have the patience of a saint! You should call them and demand answers even though it isnt something you should be expected to do. I kept calling ARCC and pushing them to sort it out. Perhaps due to my pushy tone I got updates occasionally.

Another thing, is it under PCP? If so and if you have a complaint registered with FCA finance you should ask for the entire period for which your car has been off road refunded against final settlement. When mine was off was nearly 2 months due to parts and investigations I had 2 months premium refund issued when I come to settle the PCP at end of 3 years.

=========================================
Giulia 2.0 T4 MA (2017), Triumph Speed Triple 'R' (2016).

Previous:
159 2.2 JTS - 2008 - Goodbye Feb 2017.
Ducati 899 Panigale - 2014 - 2016.
Kawasaki Ninja ZX 6R - 2004 - 2014.
=========================================
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #27 of 38 Old 09-08-18 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Berkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalgod23 View Post
You have the patience of a saint! You should call them and demand answers even though it isnt something you should be expected to do. I kept calling ARCC and pushing them to sort it out. Perhaps due to my pushy tone I got updates occasionally.

Another thing, is it under PCP? If so and if you have a complaint registered with FCA finance you should ask for the entire period for which your car has been off road refunded against final settlement. When mine was off was nearly 2 months due to parts and investigations I had 2 months premium refund issued when I come to settle the PCP at end of 3 years.
Not quite patience, The case handler at ARCC is dreadful. Whenever I call I am told she isnít at her desk, I leave a message and she never returns my calls. When we last spoke she was surly and rude, and told me that there was nothing that could be done and there was no ETA she could give me.

Thanks for the lead on the response you got from FCA, I initially didnít want to rock the boat there, (difficult situation, due to work links with FCA), thatís resolved now and I am waiting for their response on an email I sent them a couple of days ago..
(Post Link) post #28 of 38 Old 16-08-18 Thread Starter
AO Member

The last part has arrived - AR Italy are arguing that a six week lead time for parts is acceptable / normal.

What matters is that the car is now being repaired.
alfabeat likes this.
AO Silver Member

You should ask for 2 months PCP refund. Good luck!
cue2 likes this.
(Post Link) post #30 of 38 Old 26-08-18 Thread Starter
AO Member

I finally have the car back. Itís taken just under two months for it to be repaired.
AO Silver Member

County: Northamptonshire

Member car:

Giulia QV

Thatís pitiful service. Iím glad youíve got it back, but this should really have been something that took a week at most.
(Post Link) post #32 of 38 Old 26-08-18 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamfisti View Post
Thatís pitiful service. Iím glad youíve got it back, but this should really have been something that took a week at most.
I agree, and itís entirely down to Alfaís supply chain. 6 weeks to deliver something as basic as a wiring loom is comical.

AR customer services have been awful, not one proactive call from my case handler, whenever I chased I was told she wasnít at her desk and would call me back, if I was lucky I would then get a voicemail within the next few days which said nothing more than ďplease call me back on the main numberĒ. I eventually lost my cool and insisted that the case was transferred to someone else. I received one phone call from them, they promised to email me, that conversation was a week and a half ago.

For the tail end of this I was in France, and by this point things were getting almost surreal - Alfaís customer service number routes you based on where you are calling from, so if you call from France you are routed to the French team, who canít comment on non French cases and are unable to transfer calls to the UK team.

The whole thing was further muddled by the fact I was in the middle of trying to close a fairly sizeable deal with FCA bank UK, which meant I didnít want to push overly hard there.
AO Platinum Member

County: Kent
Some of the six weeks was during August which is not a time when much happens at FCA.
AO Member

County: UK

Member car:

Giulia Veloce

Yep, Iíve now been getting p!ssed on for the last week or so.

Booked in next Wednesday. Having to not use the footrest as itís stained my nice tan boots...
robertgarrick likes this.
AO Member

County: UK

Member car:

Giulia Veloce

Wonder if I can claim for them on warranty
matty74 likes this.
AO Member

County: Cambridgeshire
Garage
Wet, cold feet on turning left

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardOfYork View Post
Yep, Iíve now been getting p!ssed on for the last week or so.

Booked in next Wednesday. Having to not use the footrest as itís stained my nice tan boots...

Had the same with mine last summer, condenser drain pipes were blocked. Itís just happened again this Easter. Booked in on Wednesday for service, drain pipes, rear fog light and worn B piller front door seal ware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AO Member

County: Cornwall
I've just had a refreshing / shocking cold and wet left foot whilst driving to work this morning!
Reading through this, seems I have the same issue. Mine is a 2017 2.2 diesel, will be calling the local (50 miles away) dealer to get it booked in asap.
To be fair, i'm 45k miles in and this is the first real issue I've had.
AO Member

County: Cambridgeshire
Garage
Just had mine cleaned out. Had it done with a service to save the extra trip .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa Giulia

Tags
cold , feet , left , turning , wet

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page