I'm out :( - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 130Likes

(Post Link) post #1 of 229 Old 08-07-17 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Northants
Garage
I'm out :(

Sad to say that after another problem and a further lengthy conversation with AR customer services I've given up.

For the sake of domestic harmony and my sanity I have agreed a deal I am happy with that moves my Quad on and puts me in a new, different car.

I am very sad about this indeed, the Giulia Quadrifoglio is a very very special car, indeed the range itself is a potential game changer and I wish those of you who have one the very best of luck and much enjoyment in good health.

Sadly mine was not one of the good ones and I have lost confidence in AR given that they seem as baffled as I am as to what is causing these repeated faults. I didn't buy the car to be a beta tester and have neither time nor desire to play that role.

I could, and perhaps probably should, demonstrate more patience but having been so let down on my recent overseas trip, been wholly unable to glean the cause, and having a car that only 50% of the adults in the house will contemplate driving I'm deciding to cut my losses.

Many thanks to those of you who have offered help and advice, especially MetalGod who was a great source of ideas when the car went pop in Switzerland. All the best to those of you who have good examples of this brilliant car, you're lucky people and in the main you're all thoroughly decent folk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: Riviera
FFS.

Given their track record they should have moved heaven-and-earth to fix it
or give you a new car.

[Slow hand-clap] Well done ARUK! [/Slow Hand-clap]
trashbat likes this.
Unregistered

County: - okie dokie - uno due tre quattro
why doesnt this surprise me
AO Platinum Member

Just looks like AR want to pulling out of RHD countries.
AO Platinum Member

County: Shropshire
Bad news indeed. Do pop in to the forum though, your posts are always balanced and insightful.
trashbat and Brooking10 like this.
AO Silver Member

County: Kent
That's a real shame.
AR should be ashamed.
Have you rejected it?
AO Member

County: Hampshire

Member car:

BMW X5

Are we allowed to ask to which vehicle you are moving on to?

Ridiculous situation and I have to say I do not blame you at all.

Last edited by Stingwray; 08-07-17 at 11:53.
AO Silver Member

There's always lemons in whichever make (let's hope your next car isn't one!) buy it's the way they deal with it and you've been let down.
If it was me I'd reject the car and get a new one, especially as there don't seem to be issues with newer builds. However, it's your money, your choice. Would be nice to know what you've gone for now.
TheGrimJeeper likes this.
(Post Link) post #9 of 229 Old 08-07-17 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Gallo View Post
why doesnt this surprise me

Do enlighten us

AO Member

County: Hertfordshire
Garage

Member car:

Giulia QV

That's a shame. Unhappy other halves make your life a misery, so I totally understand your decision. Did you get the same problem again?
(Post Link) post #11 of 229 Old 08-07-17 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarty156 View Post
That's a real shame.

AR should be ashamed.

Have you rejected it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarty156 View Post
There's always lemons in whichever make (let's hope your next car isn't one!) buy it's the way they deal with it and you've been let down.

If it was me I'd reject the car and get a new one, especially as there don't seem to be issues with newer builds. However, it's your money, your choice. Would be nice to know what you've gone for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingwray View Post
Are we allowed to ask to which vehicle you are moving on to?

Ridiculous situation and I have to say I do not blame you at all.

I haven't formally rejected the car as I'm not keen to get involved in all the to and fro that will entail with no guarantee of success nor of having a car that will be ready for the summer. I'm having a separate discussion with AR which may or not result in anything on my favour.

Therefore I am in the realms of man maths and have done a deal on another car which if I don't think about it too much I can content myself makes some financial sense. In truth it's not the greatest fiscal decision of my life but as stated originally it deals with the domestic issue and moves things on.

I didn't say which car I have gone for for fear of provoking the usual sort of inane comments from the usual quarters. It's an M4 Competition Pack Convertible. It doesn't feel as immediately lively as the Quad nor as obviously special but it serves a range of purposes and is plenty quick enough. I'm lucky enough to have access to a couple of other cars for comfortable family duties and when I want a very intense driving experience so this is a nice enough middle ground for now.

I think it bears repeating just how disappointed I am at this outcome and I'm not flouncing off in an "all Alfa's are rubbish" state of high dudgeon, I just need to be pragmatic and draw a line under what was a very brief, very enjoyable but also heartbreaking little love affair.

SGG, metalgod23, 146Nick and 3 others like this.
(Post Link) post #12 of 229 Old 08-07-17 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 146Nick View Post
That's a shame. Unhappy other halves make your life a misery, so I totally understand your decision. Did you get the same problem again?

CEL and loss of power plus ATV diff light - both fixed after a couple of restarts.

AO Member

County: Hertfordshire
Garage

Member car:

Giulia QV

Sounds sensible. My step mother has a comp pack convertible. It's lovely. You'll only get negative crap off the dick heads. Good luck mate.
AO Silver Member

Truly sad to hear you decision and the failure of AR to resolve the issues. I would feel exactly the same as you if I had repeated CEL errors stranding me miles from home. Like Smarty said it can happen to any make, my friend rejected a BMW 240i recently after 2 months of ownership due to issues that were not resolved. The problem is AR does not appear to have a cohesive and solid approach to resolving problems yet even though they are clearly attempting to improve from all the recent dealings I have had with them.

All the very best. Do drop in on discussions occasionally, there are plenty of ex-Alfa owners here.
Brooking10 likes this.

=========================================
Giulia 2.0 T4 MA (2017), Triumph Speed Triple 'R' (2016).

Previous:
159 2.2 JTS - 2008 - Goodbye Feb 2017.
Ducati 899 Panigale - 2014 - 2016.
Kawasaki Ninja ZX 6R - 2004 - 2014.
=========================================

Last edited by metalgod23; 08-07-17 at 12:55.
AO Silver Member

County: Manchester
Sorry to hear this, you've invested quite a lot in your Alfa experience and contributed a lot on here.

Hopefully publicising this and other experiences will serve as a catalyst for a sea change in the UK customer experience - ideally burn it down and start again - and you can then come back to the brand in a few years once it's clear that very few people are having issues.

If you have the time, would be interesting to hear how you fare in comparison over time with BMW.
Brooking10 likes this.
AO Silver Member

Enjoy the BMW. Give it a year and get a Quad then you can come back on here. In fact, stay on here anyway.
Best of luck.
Brooking10 likes this.
AO Silver Member

County: Surrey
sorry to hear this Brooking...

I have always enjoyed your posts, as said often insightful and a well needed counterview to some of those on here that seem to have an overdeveloped left eye....

anyway..I digress

Sad to hear that AR have failed to deal with things in a timely and acceptable manner, any type of manufactured goods can be faulty regardless of the people making them.

what sets a reputable and trustworthy company apart from the also rans is the ability to make it right for the customer if things go wrong, quickly and with the least amount of inconvenience possible.

You went and purchased a 60k + car and did not recieve 60k + customer service , and for Alfa with what can only be described a ''sketchy'' reputation in this regard not moving heaven and earth to resolve it is a worrying development, they are not learning their lessons.

no point in having th best 4 door sedan in the market if you can't back it up with good aftercare...

Enjoy the BMW , It's a fine car, I had a few E36's before moving to Alfa, I can quite see the attraction..!! I have been looking at similar cars for my mate in Ireland as he is going to buy here.

I have to say BMW customer service is markedly better than I got from Bishops in Guildford when I go in, eventually bought my mates Giulietta in Slough just to avoid dealing with Bishops!

no Marque should have you avoiding your local dealer becasue of poor service.

best of luck and hope to see you back in an alfa soon! ( maybe something 916 flavoured with a V6 for the weekends..? )

regards

Joe
Speenvark and Brooking10 like this.

It's Busso time ..
Omi
AO Member

County: -
[QUOTE=Brooking10;16237178]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 146Nick View Post
Good luck and thanks for your input on the other threads, I'm off to Europe in 2 weeks and having had my own issues I'm gutted for you and a little worried for me.

At the end if the day it's only stuff, I guess, or maybe not?
Brooking10 likes this.
AO Platinum Member

Really sorry to hear of your final decision resulting from the inability of Alfa Romeo UK to deal with your issues or even to keep a professional facade while they sort them out. Italian customer service is unfortunately quite lacking in the "customer is always right". I have experience the way that Fiat in Italy were not coordinated with their UK Colleagues assumed this would have improved but it appears not. The longer term value of dealing properly with cases such as yours is obviously beyond them. I appreciated your input and return to the forum and hope the BMW goes well.
Brooking10 likes this.
Nex
AO Member

County: Cheshire
Garage
Sorry to hear this Brooking.

Good luck in your new car, I hope it gives you far less headaches than your current one has.
Brooking10 likes this.
AO Platinum Member

Festival Survival Kit

Unfortunate that Alfa UK have made use of this ; ear plugs to turn a deaf ear and hand sanitiser to wash their hands of a potentially good customer!

(From Goodwood)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1289.jpg (122.8 KB, 43 views)
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooking10 View Post

Therefore I am in the realms of man maths and have done a deal on another car which if I don't think about it too much I can content myself makes some financial sense.

Oooh, ooh! is it a RangeRover SVR !!!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooking10 View Post
It's an M4 Competition Pack Convertible.
Ah not quite.

I'm sure you'll be very happy together.
Don't forget a hat!
AO Platinum Member

If only Brooking had ventured left instead of right from the Alfa stand at Goodwood he could have got his and hers Focus RS.
AO Silver Member

County: Lancaster

Member car:

147 & GQV

Such a sad outcome.

The BMW dealer will be laughing that the Alfa stereotype has held.

Sorry to hear about your experiences. It really isn't good enough from Alfa.

Let us hope one day that you may be ready to join again when Alfa are more deserving of customers willing to plunder so much cash into a new car.
AO Member

County: Dorset
Could you share the reg number? Knowing how manufacturers and dealers work it wouldn't surprise me to see your car back on the forecourt in an "as you left it" condition for some other poor punter to feel the AR love in. Sad times.
bucketbot likes this.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa Giulia

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page