I'm out :( - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 130Likes

(Post Link) post #26 of 229 Old 08-07-17 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Northants
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecain63 View Post
Could you share the reg number? Knowing how manufacturers and dealers work it wouldn't surprise me to see your car back on the forecourt in an "as you left it" condition for some other poor punter to feel the AR love in. Sad times.

Unfortunately it was registered to a private plate and I don't know what has been reassigned

Will try and find out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: West Yorkshire
Garage

Member car:

Lexus

Do they get reassigned? I thought a car kept both the private and the initial registration number.

I recall doing PNC checks on vehicles and if they were on private plates two records would show up. Unless it's changed.
AO Member

County: Dorset
^^^ No, it would have been assigned a proper local plate code by the dealer when it hit Bristol. DVLA supply a choice of log book registrations. The private plate can be assigned instantly from that point if the dealer has the retention cert for the new plate,
AO Silver Member

The VIN?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooking10 View Post
Unfortunately it was registered to a private plate and I don't know what has been reassigned

Will try and find out

I suggest the VIN would be the best unique identifier.

Andy
Brooking10 and BlinkinNorah like this.
AO Platinum Member

Garage

Member car:

Lexus

Quote:
^^^ No, it would have been assigned a proper local plate code by the dealer when it hit Bristol. DVLA supply a choice of log book registrations. The private plate can be assigned instantly from that point if the dealer has the retention cert for the new plate,
No......to which one of my points?
AO Member

County: Hampshire

Member car:

BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbout View Post
No......to which one of my points?
The car will be reregistered and Brooking will keep his personal plate.
AO Platinum Member

Garage

Member car:

Lexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingwray View Post
You may have misread my post. I'm fully aware that Brooking will keep his private plate. The point I was making was his car, after the removal of his private plate, would revert back to its original registration number.

As I said, my dealings with PNC entries used to show two records for a car on private plates. One for the original registration number and one for the private plate.

https://www.gov.uk/keep-registration-number
MalcQV likes this.
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbout View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingwray View Post
You may have misread my post. I'm fully aware that Brooking will keep his private plate. The point I was making was his car, after the removal of his private plate, would revert back to its original registration number.

As I said, my dealings with PNC entries used to show two records for a car on private plates. One for the original registration number and one for the private plate.

https://www.gov.uk/keep-registration-number
I'm not sure of your point then. I wanted to know the original reg. It can be sought if Brook retains the plate. He'll then be told to refit the standard one, whatever that may be
AO Platinum Member

Garage

Member car:

Lexus

And I'm not sure of yours. and I can't really be bothered to retrace the story.
AO Silver Member

County: Lancashire
Quote:
I'm not sure of your point then. I wanted to know the original reg. It can be sought if Brook retains the plate. He'll then be told to refit the standard one, whatever that may be
If a brand new car is registered from new with a private plate there is no previous plate. The dvla assign an appropriate Year plate from their records that have not been used when the private plate is later moved to another car or put on retention My family have had private plates for nearly 50 years now so this is in our experience. If it was a preregistered or second hand car though the original plate would be reassigned to the car when the private plate is put on retention or put on another car.
johnafish and Verbout like this.
AO Member

County: New Zealand
Really sorry to hear your leaving (The QV fold) Brooking. Understand entirely. I myself am quite superstitious about vehicles. Once they seriously let me down I am forewarned. A second time and Id be feeling a lot like you. I live 300 km from a dealer and y intended use for the QV is long haul transportation on a fortnightly basis for 300km each way via back roads (B roads) that are great driving roads but have limited cellular coverage. Ive had the QV almost 2 montsh now with no issues but have still been using my 2017 Focus RS for this journey until it is sold. It has been rock solid so I guess the reliability proof is still to be tested for me.

One thing I simply cannot understand is that the QV started deliveries last June to dealerships in Switzerland and Europe. There must have been around 1000 units delivered between June and September so there are no doubt hundreds of examples in private ownership in Europe that by now have clocked up significant daily driving miles on autoBahn and otherwise. All of these cars have now seen a winter. Add to that the USA has had cars since January, almost 6 months now with many hundreds delivered. Why are we still hearing about headlight washer covers falling off and limp mode software issues? Surely I think much of this must have become evident last year with all those LHD cars produced for Europe. It doesnt make alot of sense for me.

Anyway all the best for the M4. They are a good car and excellent value - Im sure you will enjoy it.

All the best mate.
Brooking10 likes this.
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by W1NST View Post
Quote:
If a brand new car is registered from new with a private plate there is no previous plate. The dvla assign an appropriate Year plate from their records that have not been used when the private plate is later moved to another car or put on retention My family have had private plates for nearly 50 years now so this is in our experience. If it was a preregistered or second hand car though the original plate would be reassigned to the car when the private plate is put on retention or put on another car.
My car was delivered with my private plate. I know for a fact my dealer had a choice of standard plates when it passed through UK customs at Bristol. Pretty sure it gets assigned a standard plate before you can apply the private plate.

Anyway, there's probably some misreading of comments etc above. Bottom line is the original plate would be handy to know and advertise if it's to prevent Alfa from sliding it under the radar and onto the forecourt
AO Platinum Member

Garage

Member car:

Lexus

Quote:
Didn't know that. Cheers.
AO Platinum Member

County: Kent
Meanwhile, let's hope the car in question gets the attention it should have had, by somebody who knows what they're doing, prior to resale. The return to a normal plate certainly helps get it back onto the market, along with it being a "popular"colour.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
+1^^. I purchased a private plate prior to car delivery and dealer assigned my plate directly to car and registered it. I was told if I sell the car or want to take the private plate off, DVLA will assign an appropriate year plate (66 in my case) available from their list.
Barry Z likes this.
AO Platinum Member

County: Riviera
S**t happens. My question is WTF have AR(UK) actually changed in their procedures
during the intervening years between Mr Brooking's purchases of a Brera and a Giulia.

I would suggest: jack s***.
(Post Link) post #42 of 229 Old 09-07-17 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Garage
^^^ this

I do not know which number has been issued. The car was registered as new with my personal plate so I have never seen any other number. As stated an age appropriate plate will be issued.

To make it easier the car will be on sale via Motorvogue of Bedford.

AO Silver Member

County: Manchester
Did you have grief with your Brera too?

If you can spare the time & effort, it might be worth feeding up your experiences to someone senior at FCA, either UK or global. As it is, it's likely to be lost - doesn't count as a rejection after all. I could probably find some suitable names & emails if you don't already have a point of contact.
AO Member

County: Essex

Member car:

Brera S

Quote:
If it was a preregistered or second hand car though the original plate would be reassigned to the car when the private plate is put on retention or put on another car.
Not always - we had one experience where a new registration was assigned instead of the original. However this was in the days of county offices and we may've used different offices for each transfer
(Post Link) post #45 of 229 Old 09-07-17 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by trashbat View Post

If you can spare the time & effort, it might be worth feeding up your experiences to someone senior at FCA, either UK or global. As it is, it's likely to be lost - doesn't count as a rejection after all. I could probably find some suitable names & emails if you don't already have a point of contact.

I did albeit that was a long time ago

Car was rejected and ARUK paid back rentals.

If you do have any relevant names I would be interested.

Speenvark and trashbat like this.
AO Gold Member

County: Greater London
Sorry to hear this, customer service sounds appalling - I can quite understand you walking away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trashbat View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooking10 View Post
I did albeit that was a long time ago

Car was rejected and ARUK paid back rentals.

If you do have any relevant names I would be interested.
Let's hope there is somebody at AR (UK or other) who would be spurred into action by this story landing in their inbox.
AO Silver Member

++1 . I too sincerely back sending your experience to senior people (not just one) in the AR chain of command. We are the customers and so called Alfisti. We should try and influence action rather than passively hope for AR, especially ARUK to get their act together.
AO Silver Member

So, pretty much everyone at FCA has the email [email protected], and most of them are also on LinkedIn.

I think you may have met Naz Jamil who is head of brand for Alfa.

Kelly Turner is in charge of customer service ('Customer Care and Dealer Services Manager') for FCA AS UK.

Ashley Andrew is MD of FCA UK.

I may have missed some key role, but those seem like a fair bet. I've previously emailed one of them and had a response. Others have had success in their own way using a similar method.
AO Platinum Member

County: Riviera
Just been browsing a few threads from back in the day. (Circa 2007)

Nothing seems to have changed. How sad. 10 years on and no sign of a prestige CRM experience?
AO Silver Member

Further to that - outside of the UK, Roberta Laudito, in Turin, is ‎European Sales & Service Customer Satisfaction Manager.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa Giulia

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page