Giulia Veloce pics and experiences - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 1968Likes

(Post Link) post #1 of 1239 Old 13-06-17 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Yorkshire
Giulia Veloce pics and experiences

So I have had my Giulia Veloce for just over a week now and thought that I would start my first thread. Feel free to add your own pics and experiences but here is my input for now:

Ordered at the start of March when my dealer was first able to give finance details on the Veloce model, my car arrived in the UK in mid-May and was at the dealers by the end of the month. I hadn?t ordered anything too fancy, just metallic paint, chrome window trim and boot anchors. This is to be primarily my ?company car?, fulfilling the need for a motorway cruiser with reasonable economy but combined with the ability to offer something a little more sporty for personal use (I have other sporty cars but after many years in Euro diesel boxes it was time for a change for my ?daily?). The ability to tow might be useful at some point, so this was checked carefully prior to purchase (ignoring what was printed in various ARUK brochures, which was absolutely incorrect). Decent room in the back seats is also a benefit, as is split/foldable rear seats (an advantage of buying a mid-range model).

For test drives, I started with the ubiquitous blue Diesel version before a petrol model was available but hadn?t driven a Veloce until I collected my own. 200bhp had proven pretty rapid so an extra 40% of power should be immense. Having now tasted it, I can say that it is! I am easing in gently, mostly using A mode (particularly for my first business trip, when I returned 42mpg on a long drive up the A1) but have tested N and D a couple of times now. Crikey, you do have to be careful with the throttle! It is just so easy to exceed the speed limit without trying. I learned this lesson over twenty years ago, owning a particularly rapid car that I loved but was just too fast for UK roads (faster than the Veloce even), which made way for cars more suited for short bursts of acceleration at lower speeds. The Alfa?s capabilities will not be called upon on a daily basis! (A Quadrifoglio would be an absolute waste.)

Having rear-wheel drive available every day is a joy and although the engine is quiet, it?s nice to know that it?s a quiet petrol engine and it does make itself heard when you open the taps. Automatic transmission is something I haven?t had for over twenty-five years but am getting used to again, and rather enjoying it. The paddles are great, though not used too often yet (I do like the ?MacGeek? downshifting technique, though).
Trim wise, the Veloce had everything that I wanted from my Alfa, in terms of fabulous seats, the paddles, foldable door mirrors, electrochrome internal mirror, etc. I had specced up a Super with as many of these things as possible (which didn?t include the seats) to almost the price of the base Veloce, so the choice was simple. It?s a pleasant experience inside the car.

Outside looks great; the paint is just sublime. The blue looks flat in the dusk but when sunlight hits it, the metallic sparkles and the colour can appear light, dark and even purple at times. The infamous Turbine wheels suit the car very well, and I am very happy with the overall appearance. People who have driven in front of me tell me how good it looks in the mirror.

I can?t complain about overall quality; it all seems to be nicely-built, nothing feels loose or shoddy. My experience so far is a good one. The dealer has been very helpful all along the process, including changing the finance agreement to the better offerings of the current quarter.

I have learned a lot about Giulia from this forum over the past few months, which has helped enormously, so thanks to all on here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Alfa 01_1497332448834.jpg (255.4 KB, 469 views)
File Type: jpg Alfa 02_1497332477683.jpg (238.5 KB, 418 views)
File Type: jpg Alfa 03_1497332496985.jpg (241.6 KB, 404 views)
File Type: jpg Alfa mpg_1497332514949.jpg (238.2 KB, 763 views)
PAJ, Sir Baloney, alfa1 and 13 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: -
Nice.

And I can also confirm what you say after having mine for a week. I just took one that I found at a dealership .
Dealership said I would rarely use A mode, but in fact most of the time it is in it. I switch between A and D mostly if I want to do a quick overtaking (although A would be fine as well for doing that).

It is already a beast in my opinion, soft overal but beast when you want to.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg giuliaveloce.jpg (43.9 KB, 397 views)
PAJ, trashbat, Jimbon1973 and 7 others like this.
AO Member

County: Cheshire

Member car:

Giulia Veloce

Oh look. Proper wheels!
trashbat, goram, Nashisu and 4 others like this.
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermal View Post
So I have had my Giulia Veloce for just over a week now and thought that I would start my first thread. Feel free to add your own pics and experiences but here is my input for now:

Ordered at the start of March when my dealer was first able to give finance details on the Veloce model, my car arrived in the UK in mid-May and was at the dealers by the end of the month. I hadn?t ordered anything too fancy, just metallic paint, chrome window trim and boot anchors. This is to be primarily my ?company car?, fulfilling the need for a motorway cruiser with reasonable economy but combined with the ability to offer something a little more sporty for personal use (I have other sporty cars but after many years in Euro diesel boxes it was time for a change for my ?daily?). The ability to tow might be useful at some point, so this was checked carefully prior to purchase (ignoring what was printed in various ARUK brochures, which was absolutely incorrect). Decent room in the back seats is also a benefit, as is split/foldable rear seats (an advantage of buying a mid-range model).

For test drives, I started with the ubiquitous blue Diesel version before a petrol model was available but hadn?t driven a Veloce until I collected my own. 200bhp had proven pretty rapid so an extra 40% of power should be immense. Having now tasted it, I can say that it is! I am easing in gently, mostly using A mode (particularly for my first business trip, when I returned 42mpg on a long drive up the A1) but have tested N and D a couple of times now. Crikey, you do have to be careful with the throttle! It is just so easy to exceed the speed limit without trying. I learned this lesson over twenty years ago, owning a particularly rapid car that I loved but was just too fast for UK roads (faster than the Veloce even), which made way for cars more suited for short bursts of acceleration at lower speeds. The Alfa?s capabilities will not be called upon on a daily basis! (A Quadrifoglio would be an absolute waste.)

Having rear-wheel drive available every day is a joy and although the engine is quiet, it?s nice to know that it?s a quiet petrol engine and it does make itself heard when you open the taps. Automatic transmission is something I haven?t had for over twenty-five years but am getting used to again, and rather enjoying it. The paddles are great, though not used too often yet (I do like the ?MacGeek? downshifting technique, though).
Trim wise, the Veloce had everything that I wanted from my Alfa, in terms of fabulous seats, the paddles, foldable door mirrors, electrochrome internal mirror, etc. I had specced up a Super with as many of these things as possible (which didn?t include the seats) to almost the price of the base Veloce, so the choice was simple. It?s a pleasant experience inside the car.

Outside looks great; the paint is just sublime. The blue looks flat in the dusk but when sunlight hits it, the metallic sparkles and the colour can appear light, dark and even purple at times. The infamous Turbine wheels suit the car very well, and I am very happy with the overall appearance. People who have driven in front of me tell me how good it looks in the mirror.

I can?t complain about overall quality; it all seems to be nicely-built, nothing feels loose or shoddy. My experience so far is a good one. The dealer has been very helpful all along the process, including changing the finance agreement to the better offerings of the current quarter.

I have learned a lot about Giulia from this forum over the past few months, which has helped enormously, so thanks to all on here.
Looks good with the chrome window surround and the MC blue with the Veloce wheels. I still prefer the teledials but can certainly appreciate all Giulia models.

Thanks for posting the pictures and the comments are really, really useful. So much more value hearing the thoughts of actual owners rather than YouTube reviewers or salesmen.

Keep posting them pictures! (Are Speciale models allowed on this thread or is another one needed?)
(Post Link) post #5 of 1239 Old 13-06-17 Thread Starter
AO Member

Any non-Qf welcome! (They have their own thread!)

Tried N for another 300-mile round trip today. It made for crisper acceleration on the few opportunities that came but still gave me 42mpg.

I am still playing with seat adjustments but am especially liking the adjustable bolsters, gripping me in place when needed yet allowing more room for relaxed driving at other times.
Nashisu and Millvi like this.
AO Member

County: Bulgaria
Well done!Enjoy the Veloce!

I placed an order for Monza Red Veloce back in March.No news from the dealer yet.I am wondering how long it is going to take to get the car delivered.
Unregistered

County: - okie dokie - uno due tre quattro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ionas View Post

I placed an order for Monza Red Veloce back in March.No news from the dealer yet.I am wondering how long it is going to take to get the car delivered.
every day you are without it will only increase and add to your pleasure when you finally get in it and drive away

trust me ;-)
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Gallo View Post
every day you are without it will only increase and add to your pleasure when you finally get in it and drive away

trust me ;-)
Thanks mate.I am already getting excited,it will be my first Alfa ever.
AO Platinum Member

County: Greater Manchester

Member car:

Office Chair.

How much noise (quality noise) does it make when you open it up?
I'm more interested in the noise than how many horses it has.
AO Member

County: UK-
if you ordered in March - cant be far off. Mine was second half of March - and just delivered. The dealer will be able to tell you where it is - ie being built , on a boat etc.
It has a nice burble - which is even better in D mode!
it will be worth the wait - trust me!!
(Post Link) post #11 of 1239 Old 14-06-17 Thread Starter
AO Member

We need pictures of this new beauty!
jwq
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 857
County: Zuid Holland
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ionas View Post

Join the club..... March for me as well, still waiting (just been told it's again delayed by 4 weeks, production planned week 27
AO Member

County: UK

Member car:

Giulia Veloce

Just got confirmation of my Veloce order from the dealer this morning - status 10 - expected delivery date 31/08/17, although I doubt whether this actually means anything at this stage!

Going to be a long wait anyhow...

Congrats on your deliveries guys - you must be well chuffed - nice looking motors!
AO Member

County: UK-
dealer was saying to me yesterday that if its Misano Blue - then they have no ides - as despite Alfa saying yes it is an available colour - for some reason there is a delay. Alfa had also reiterated to them - no QF wheels for the Veloce and in not so many words, stop going on about them!! So that probably means they will be available next week!
As regards the engine - although I only had the 200bhp for 36 hours - there is a a big noticeable difference in the 280bhp - reminds me somewhat of the old 156gta - except its in a far lighter more responsive chassis that can handle the power (and goes round corners - which the GTA was sometimes not brilliant at!)
AO Member

County: Krapina-Zagorje

Member car:

Fiat

I sat in one today, and, for me, that car is perfection.
chickenboy likes this.
AO Member

County: Cardiff

Member car:

Giulietta QV

Ordered mine mid May, call from dealer 2 days ago saying that it was ready, no one can quite believe how quick its been. Picking it up on Friday, at the moment she's a caged beast!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8248_LI.jpg (266.3 KB, 180 views)
Nashisu, Millvi and paulosoares like this.
AO Member

I originally ordered my Misano Blue Veloce early February with, amongst other options, the leather dash and therefore HK and convenience pack. Info I was given was Misano Blue wasn't due to come off the line until May anyway but getting my order in early made sure I had a build-slot. Since then I've been hoping ARUK would come up with some 19" wheel options but couldn't delay as the MiTo QV needs to be replaced. Went to status 16 around mid-May and then, today, was told by my dealer that it should dock within a week and I ought to finally get my hands on her in about three weeks time.

The dealership has been very good with test drives. Had an extended test drive in a QV, including letting me loose on country roads in race-mode, before deciding to go with a Veloce, and then lent me their Veloce for a full day, including overnight, so I could try everything out before finalising options prior to the build getting locked down.
Gezc likes this.
AO Member

Member car:

Giulia Veloce

Hi All,

Just wanted to say thanks for the really useful reviews and opinions (not just on this thread). Just ordered a misano blue Veloce for September delivery.

Personally I like the turbine wheels (though I understand I'm in the minority and agree that its a daft decision not to have the Q wheels as an option).

Loved the car on the test drive, was expecting to need to option the active suspension but the standard was so good I didn't in the end.
Gezc likes this.
AO Member

Just got news that my Veloce ordered back in March is ready for shipping.It will be home in two weeks time.Being 8500 km away from home makes me sad but I will have plenty of time to enjoy it once I'm back.
lv10 likes this.
AO Member

County: Lancashire

Member car:

Giulia Veloce

Well, it looks like I'm coming back into the fold! I'm in the process of ordering a Veloce after a good number of years away from the brand! Monte Carlo with tan! Moving over from a BMW M235!
RichardOfYork and Millvi like this.
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider Charlie View Post
Well, it looks like I'm coming back into the fold! I'm in the process of ordering a Veloce after a good number of years away from the brand! Monte Carlo with tan! Moving over from a BMW M235!
Monte Carlo Blue with tan sounds great. Looking forward to seeing pictures of that! Any additioanl specification to be added?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg giulia2.jpg (89.9 KB, 275 views)
File Type: jpg giulia1.jpg (67.9 KB, 287 views)
File Type: jpg giulia3.jpg (72.7 KB, 237 views)

Last edited by neveroddoreven; 24-06-17 at 14:35.
AO Member

County: Lancashire

Member car:

Giulia Veloce

Looks really good, definitely think I've made the right choice! This is the first time in a long time I've managed to get an Alfa to work for me financially. I looked at 159s on many occasions but just couldn't get the £ to add up!

The only niggle I have is the potential for missing the extra power of the M235 and the M135 I had before it!
AO Member

Member car:

alfa147 1.9 jtd

has anyone ordered / taken delivery / been given a delivery date on a misano blue veloce ?
i recently sold my brera and was just going to hop neatly into a giulietta veloce.
then i saw the deals, the paddles, the performance of the veloce and have kind of decided to go for that instead.

so whilst blue is the preferred colour, i'm not sure i can be without a car for 16 weeks or whatever the lead time is.
AO Member

County: Cardiff

Member car:

Giulietta QV

Picked it up 2 days ago, only done a few A roads and some motorway but it moves!! Nice little burble from the engine and blips on the downshift. Quiet inside as well. Some more pics to follow
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8269.jpg (199.6 KB, 314 views)
PAJ, ALFAGUY147, Nashisu and 5 others like this.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa Giulia

Tags
experiences , giulia , pics , veloce

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page