Software & Map Update Thread - Page 31 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 198Likes

AO Member

County: West Yorkshire

Member car:

Giulia Speciale

Quote:
Originally Posted by wictod View Post
I'll give it a go and hope it works... don't know whether it's my London accent but I have enough trouble with those telephone systems that ask a load of questions before putting you through to a human .. maybe I need elocution lessons
Or move up to Yorkshire and get th'sen a reet accent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Essex
Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybrnite View Post
Or move up to Yorkshire and get th'sen a reet accent
far too cold up there in Winter for this Southern Softy I'm afraid..
Cybrnite likes this.
AO Member

Just tried the voice recognition for Nav.... as I thought the only thing it could understand from me was the "go back" command.. managed to get it give me a selection when I requested "Southend" but nothing in Essex, When I said Southend Essex it came up Hassocks must be doing something wrong?
jwq
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 857
County: Zuid Holland
Garage
Quote:
Just tried the voice recognition for Nav.... as I thought the only thing it could understand from me was the "go back" command.. managed to get it give me a selection when I requested "Southend" but nothing in Essex, When I said Southend Essex it came up Hassocks must be doing something wrong?
If you use "help", it will give you all the possible voice commands etc.
These differ/are more extensive somewhat from the manual
AO Member

Thanks jwq, I'll persevere with this as I'm sure it must be more useable than my brief experience.. pity they haven't got a bluetooth transfer feature where you input the destination on the phone and transfer it to the NAV system..
Cybrnite likes this.
AO Member

Had the Nav on this evening (without a destination) trying to talk to system and have noticed that it is now alerting me with a bleep / bong when I approach a speed camera.. it doesn't have the red / amber bit on the side though.. Is this new or has it always been there? Some cameras it give me a short burst of bleep / bongs and some a single.. and unfortunately some cameras are not picked up..
jwq
Club Member
Membro Premio

Garage
Quote:
Had the Nav on this evening (without a destination) trying to talk to system and have noticed that it is now alerting me with a bleep / bong when I approach a speed camera.. it doesn't have the red / amber bit on the side though.. Is this new or has it always been there? Some cameras it give me a short burst of bleep / bongs and some a single.. and unfortunately some cameras are not picked up..
It was always there... The maps also contain a database with fixed speed camera's.
It only warns you though if you have a route set. I think it also depends on the speed you're going and the local limit.
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwq View Post
It was always there... The maps also contain a database with fixed speed camera's.
It only warns you though if you have a route set. I think it also depends on the speed you're going and the local limit.
It's making those bleeps and bongs without a route set... the only thing it doesn't do is the red/amber you're going too fast side bar..

Cheers
AO Silver Member

Quote:
It's making those bleeps and bongs without a route set... the only thing it doesn't do is the red/amber you're going too fast side bar..

Cheers

On the early version of the infotainment system, one does have to have a route set to get alarms. In the new hardware version, one doesn't, I understand.

On my early 2017 Quadrifoglio, I do get the red sidebar if I'm exceeding the limit and I'm approaching a camera shown on the sidebar. Perhaps there are some settings to achieve this. Perhaps the new version hardware differs. I've never seen amber, perhaps I'm not going slow enough.

Andy
AO Member

Andy, The amber comes on after the red in the process of slowing down at an approaching speed camera obviously if you're going to fast.. example Speed limit 40mph car travelling 50mph = Red slow down to 44mph = Amber then when you hit 40mph it goes off .. that sort of thing.. I think I've got the new hardware ? I'm on 085.000.046 infotainment and the latest Maps off the Mopar site..
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Andy, The amber comes on after the red in the process of slowing down at an approaching speed camera obviously if you're going to fast.. example Speed limit 40mph car travelling 50mph = Red slow down to 44mph = Amber then when you hit 40mph it goes off .. that sort of thing.. I think I've got the new hardware ? I'm on 085.000.046 infotainment and the latest Maps off the Mopar site..
With that software version, you must have the new hardware.

Andy
wictod likes this.
AO Member

Hi , Im not the best at all this sort of stuff, I currently have
System MV-051-008.004, TV-051-008.004
Map 991.8471
Can anyone please tell me if these are the latest updates for my QV? November 17 build.
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alannmss View Post
Hi , Im not the best at all this sort of stuff, I currently have
System MV-051-008.004, TV-051-008.004
Map 991.8471
Can anyone please tell me if these are the latest updates for my QV? November 17 build.
They're not the latest updates as far as I'm aware.. The hardware is considered the "new hardware" based on that infotainment software version..

There is at least MV-085-000-046 for the new hardware and the maps are at 1031 I think..

You can download the maps from the MOPAR site after registering and you'll need a 16GB USB to transfer / update the maps.

As for the Infotainment, Alfa service seem reluctant to upgrade this for drivers unless it's absolutely necessary so you'll have to fish around for a source if you want to do that as well..

Cheers
AO Silver Member

County: -

Member car:

Anything Alfa

I uploaded the latest map and have found that average speed camera zones do not appear to be reported only the start and ending camera positions. Strange when my old Tom Tom Satnav used to do it, have I missed something out in the setup MAP00285 was available. Is there any live update version of the software or do I need to put my old satnav into the car? Not what I want to do but hoped the integrated system might be as capable as the accessory that I have in my old car?
AO Member

Quote:
They're not the latest updates as far as I'm aware.. The hardware is considered the "new hardware" based on that infotainment software version..

There is at least MV-085-000-046 for the new hardware and the maps are at 1031 I think..

You can download the maps from the MOPAR site after registering and you'll need a 16GB USB to transfer / update the maps.

As for the Infotainment, Alfa service seem reluctant to upgrade this for drivers unless it's absolutely necessary so you'll have to fish around for a source if you want to do that as well..

Cheers
Thanks wictod
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isotope View Post
I uploaded the latest map and have found that average speed camera zones do not appear to be reported only the start and ending camera positions. Strange when my old Tom Tom Satnav used to do it, have I missed something out in the setup MAP00285 was available. Is there any live update version of the software or do I need to put my old satnav into the car? Not what I want to do but hoped the integrated system might be as capable as the accessory that I have in my old car?
Before I uploaded the latest map 1031, the road on the map was white and a white section was on the bar to the right of the map to show the extent of an average speed zone with beeps being given for at least the first and last cameras in the zone.

I've not taken the car through an average speed zone since I updated to 1031, but I have no reason to suppose it functions differently.

I have the original hardware infotainment system and the latest software for that hardware.

Andy
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isotope View Post
I don't think you've missed anything, it just appears to be a cut down version of what TomTom can do.. There was a Tom Tom speed camera app for Android I used a while back that done the average speed cameras really well, it showed you your average speed through the traps.. shame really as they obviously have the technology, wondering whether it has anything to do these features being illegal in some other countries.. I think in France you can get fined for using any form of speed detector in car equipment..
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Bowden View Post
Before I uploaded the latest map 1031, the road on the map was white and a white section was on the bar to the right of the map to show the extent of an average speed zone with beeps being given for at least the first and last cameras in the zone.

I've not taken the car through an average speed zone since I updated to 1031, but I have no reason to suppose it functions differently.

I have the original hardware infotainment system and the latest software for that hardware.

Andy
Andy, was that with a route planned? I must admit, I haven't put a route in recently, the recent comments from me have been without a route added so I might try and see if that's still working..
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Andy, was that with a route planned? ....
Probably, but I can't remember for sure.

Andy
jwq
Club Member
Membro Premio

Garage
Haven't seen this one before.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Knipsel.JPG (26.7 KB, 42 views)
AO Silver Member

County: Kent
I'm terms of bongs, if you're approaching a speed camera and you're under the limit you'll get a single bong. If you're over the speed limit then it bongs 3 times (from memory).
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarty156 View Post
I'm terms of bongs, if you're approaching a speed camera and you're under the limit you'll get a single bong. If you're over the speed limit then it bongs 3 times (from memory).
Thanks Smarty156... makes sense.. will test it out .. ta
AO Member

Quote:
That's a pain.. just checked, same for me.. was ok yesterday?
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Same for me today.

Andy
jwq likes this.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Andy, was that with a route planned? I must admit, I haven't put a route in recently, the recent comments from me have been without a route added so I might try and see if that's still working..
On the M5 today with a route set, I was getting the white highlighting to show average speed zones.

Without a route set it did not appear.

This is with the original hardware and the latest infotainment software and map.

Unfortunately the 2 temporary zones which were shown were no longer in effect and a new one was not.

The merit of having temporary speed limits included in a map which is updated about every 3 months is debatable.

Andy

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa Giulia

Tags
map , software , thread , update

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page