Tyres for the Quadrifoglio - Page 35 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 283Likes

AO Member

County: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShahQV View Post
I've ordered as well (fronts) but just found out my QV probably won't now get delivered until end of May so wait a few weeks before ordering rear tyres.
I've done both front and rear. I have barely had a "squeaky bum" moment with the Corsas, but that's mainly due to me constantly monitoring their condition and backing off accordingly when they've suddenly dropped temperature/pressure from cruising. It's hard work keeping them in the zone, to the point it actually detracts from the experience.
146Nick and Hamfisti like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

I've now got my Goodyear SuperSport 245/35 R19 but no car! These tyres came from Sewden. I'll get the rears once I have a better indication of the delivery date of my QV.
AO Silver Member

County: Kent
Any comparison tests for this tyre yet, especially against the Michelin MPS4S?
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarty156 View Post
In June this YouTube channel will do a comparison

https://youtu.be/3rQoBeUH9hY
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarty156 View Post
An unverified comparison of the Michelin PS4S with the Goodyear SuperSport

https://www.carsales.com.au/editoria...irelli-117997/
Finguz likes this.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Giulia QV

to clarify, your car is coming with corsas in summer but your putting goodyears on straightaway yourself at your own cost?

I can understand maybe if the dealers willing to swap them for you upon delivery, but imo (i may be wrong and other disagree) seems a bit silly to change straightaway if your doing it yourself given its nearly summer and corsas are whats meant to be on the car and are mostly fine as the weather warms up.

defo agree to put others on once the weather becomes inclement and once corsas worn out, but now june nearly upon us, id want to at least experience it with corsas for a couple of the warm months. maybe a track day as well to get use out of them? otherwise seems a bit of a waste unless of misinterpreted your plans.
AO Member

County: Surrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpmmpt View Post
to clarify, your car is coming with corsas in summer but your putting goodyears on straightaway yourself at your own cost?

I can understand maybe if the dealers willing to swap them for you upon delivery, but imo (i may be wrong and other disagree) seems a bit silly to change straightaway if your doing it yourself given its nearly summer and corsas are whats meant to be on the car and are mostly fine as the weather warms up.

defo agree to put others on once the weather becomes inclement and once corsas worn out, but now june nearly upon us, id want to at least experience it with corsas for a couple of the warm months. maybe a track day as well to get use out of them? otherwise seems a bit of a waste unless of misinterpreted your plans.

I would agree with this. I just got my car and want to experience it as intended before I change anything as critical to the experience as the tyres.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(Post Link) post #858 of 868 Old 5 Days Ago Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Hertfordshire
Garage

Member car:

Giulia QV

I'd be doing what you're doing ShahQV (although with Michelins). You can sell the Corsas brand new on eBay if the dealer won't swap them, you should get good money for them. It's fair to say the Corsas are much better in summer months, but they still need to be warmed up before they perform. They will still be hard and useless at 15 degrees (not as useless as they are at 5 degrees mind). Don't get them too hot though (as is likely on a track day) as they melt. They are the definition of a one trick pony, that trick being one fast lap of the Nurburgring.
AO Silver Member

County: Northamptonshire

Member car:

Giulia QV

On a related subject, it is 22 degrees out today and have just been on a spirited drive in the QV with MPS4Ss fitted. The grip and handling were biblical. I don't remember the Corsas being any better in these conditions.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Giulia QV

its not 22 degrees today!
AO Member

Quote:

I'll probably use the Corsas for a month or two. Probably switch in August when the temperature starts to drop to see how the Goodyear's perform. I'll use the tyre hotel at my local tyre dealer to store the Corsas.

On my Focus Mk3 RS, I had the Michelin Pilot Super Sport that were rubbish below 7 degrees and now I have the Michelin PS4S all round and super happy. I know what good tyres can do to the everyday driving experience.
AO Silver Member

County: Northamptonshire

Member car:

Giulia QV

Quote:
its not 22 degrees today!
The temperature readout must be as accurate as the fuel level gauge then!
AO Member

Corsa's went back on today!
AO Member

Don't continental make tyres in the right sizes?

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloverleaf535 View Post
Don't continental make tyres in the right sizes?

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
Only for the Conti Sport 5P not the Conti Sport 6.
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayaz View Post
Corsa's went back on today!
What boots were you wearing before?
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamfisti View Post
The temperature readout must be as accurate as the fuel level gauge then!
Park the car with the sensor in the sun and you'll get significant overeadings. External temperature readings on mine when on the move seem correct to within a degree or two.

Fuel gauge is not trustworthy particularly at quarter tank and below.

Andy
(Post Link) post #868 of 868 Old 15 Minutes Ago
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShahQV View Post
What boots were you wearing before?
I've been running the MPS4S since early december, they were amazing through the cold months and the rain and will definitely be going back on again later this year.

The first impressions with the corsas is how much more direct the steering feels again.

And... I've almost missed the skipping...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa Giulia

Tags
quadrifoglio , tyres

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page