Tyres for the Quadrifoglio - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 325Likes

AO Silver Member

County: Gloucestershire
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamfisti View Post
Nope - I don't think there is one. I can't even find Winter tyres that are in the right sizes for the staggered set up, let alone ones that are also recommended by AR. As far as I know, the Corsas are it!
Check out the Pirelli web site, they show the winter tyres. My local tyre shop has ordered some in for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Milano
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Down View Post
I was pleasantly surprised before ordering to see how much cheaper the tyres will be for the Super compared to the 19" I have on the Brera. Sorry I know this is a little off topic.

PS Tyre threads normally attract someone to pitch in saying how great their Acceleras are, cant wait!
People with 255/40/18ís on the back will be happy to know Acceleras are available to replace the P7ís
AO Member

County: -
Watching this with interest.

Need to get some winter/all season tyres for the QV.

Might go for the Michelin Alpin for the winter.

And when the Corsas wear out swap for Pilot Sport 4S....

At the moment, at 9000 miles it's actually the fronts that seem to be the most worn/scrubbed for me.

Now it's greasy I'm getting a lot more of that front axle skip/slide.
AO Silver Member

County: Northamptonshire

Member car:

Giulia QV

Quote:
Originally Posted by 146Nick View Post
The Michelins Pilot Sport 4Ss are on. I've only driven in town but the roads are really greasy and it already feels more sure footed. Also - there was no evidence of the tyre skipping at full lock when I parked up. The car was reading 18 degrees outside so maybe it wasn't cold enough to skip but I would have expected a skip especially with the greasy surface. The rim protectors are cool too, the tyre will definitely hit a kerb significantly before the rim. The rears are wider than stock and you can tell. They seem to bulge out more than the Corsas did. I'll feedback more when I've put some miles on them.
Really looking forward to your feedback on these Nick.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Giulia QV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maser3200 View Post
Check out the Pirelli web site, they show the winter tyres. My local tyre shop has ordered some in for me.
the only ones that fit exactly (well the same specs as the corsas) are the sottozeros i though through my 'extensive' research.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Giulia QV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambrate FS View Post
People with 255/40/18ís on the back will be happy to know Acceleras are available to replace the P7ís
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Giulia QV

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpmmpt View Post
the only ones that fit exactly (well the same specs as the corsas) are the sottozeros i though through my 'extensive' research.
Sottozero 2s or 3s? Last I looked, you could only get one for the front and the other for the back.
(Post Link) post #58 of 973 Old 20-10-17 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Hertfordshire
Garage

Member car:

Giulia QV

These tyres transform the car. The only two significant weaknesses of the car (for my needs) are the low front end and the lack of grip in anything other than ideal conditions. It's early days but it seems like the PS4Ss fix the latter. You still have to be careful but I now have far more confidence on wet/greasy roads. It's still warm so maybe when the temperatures drop I'll have problems, time will tell. There has been no evidence of tyre skipping at all either.

Happy days.

I'll keep the feedback coming over the next few days.
Hamfisti likes this.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Giulia QV

Worth the change just to get rid of the tyre skipping!
AO Silver Member

County: Kent
Sounds good so far.
AO Member

County: -Buckingham
Tyres on my new QF

I have now had my new QF for nigh on 3 weeks. Attended the Italian car breakfast in Hampshire two weekends ago and another QF owner was interested in my car having been fitted with Michelins from new, his car having Pirellis.

I have checked today and the sizes are 245.55 front Pilot Super Sport with a star mark, the rears are 285.30 Pilot Super Sport MOI....

Don.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by don.norchi View Post
I have now had my new QF for nigh on 3 weeks. Attended the Italian car breakfast in Hampshire two weekends ago and another QF owner was interested in my car having been fitted with Michelins from new, his car having Pirellis.

I have checked today and the sizes are 245.55 front Pilot Super Sport with a star mark, the rears are 285.30 Pilot Super Sport MOI....

Don.
Was that you with the white QF with the number plate sticker on the bonnet? That was me with the Comp Red QF at the Hampshire meet.
Yes, they come with Pirelli P Zero Corsas from the factory so I was curious as to why your car had Michelins on given it was new.

(I presume you mean 245/35 and not 245/55 on the front)
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Giulia QV

Quote:

Don.
Let's get this straight Don. Is your QF new and did it come from the factory with the Pilot Super Sports?
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarty156 View Post
Was that you with the white QF with the number plate sticker on the bonnet? That was me with the Comp Red QF at the Hampshire meet.
Yes, they come with Pirelli P Zero Corsas from the factory so I was curious as to why your car had Michelins on given it was new.

(I presume you mean 245/35 and not 245/55 on the front)
Indeed my mistake 243/35.

Don.
AO Member

Quote:
Let's get this straight Don. Is your QF new and did it come from the factory with the Pilot Super Sports?
Yes, bought new and has Michelin tyres fitted.

Don.
(Post Link) post #66 of 973 Old 20-10-17 Thread Starter
AO Member

Garage

Member car:

Giulia QV

I'm pleased Alfa have realised the Corsas are not appropriate for day to day use. Of course they may have known that all along but needed them to set the Nurburgring record. Although I thought Michelin Super Sports were track focused tyres too.

It was dry on the way home tonight and the Pilot Sports were awesome. My drive home involves trundling through London for 4 miles, then getting on the M1 at Brentcross and letting her run. The slip road snakes left then right and is a challenge to get the power down without losing the back end with cold Corsas. No such problems tonight, felt solid and planted - the only challenge is to make sure you only max 4th gear then calm down. 5th gear is tempting but you end up going quite fast.....

Looking at the tread pattern, the Michelins have far smaller blocks than the Corsas. They are road tyres basically. Loving them so far.
AO Member

County: Sussex
Quote:
- the only challenge is to make sure you only max 4th gear then calm down. 5th gear is tempting but you end up going quite fast.....
Yes, I agree. Maxing it out in 4th makes sure you don't go too fast

For reference my unscientific experiment showed me 160mph is about 5500 rpm in 7th. Autobahn.

Anyway I agree the Pirellis are too hardcore for British weather. Very very easy to get them to break traction. Too easy. I may end the rear's lives early in a gratuitous burnout so I have a genuine reason for different tyres. Trying to decide when the right time to put winters on is. I know they are unnecessary 98% of the time in the south of England, but with no all seasons available and a few trips to Luxembourg and Germany (where it is the law if there is a whiff of snow) on the cards, I have little choice I think.
(Post Link) post #68 of 973 Old 20-10-17 Thread Starter
AO Member

Garage

Member car:

Giulia QV

I'm hoping the pilot sports will be OK throughout winter, not as good as winters when the temperatures are very low but they should still stay driveable.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Yes, bought new and has Michelin tyres fitted.

Don.
Didn't you have the dealer change the wheels?
AO Member

County: New Zealand
If Alfa Romeo are fitting Michelin Pilot Sport Super Sport tyres now as standard to the QV that would indicate that Michelin are now producing a 285/30R19 rear Supersport tyre (for a matched set). Im curious as this tyre has not been available previously and still doesn't show in UK searches. My next question would be is this an AR specific designed tyre like the Corsa or have they simply just taken something form teh shelf in order to fit and deliver cars to UK/Europe market in time for winter?

Don. It would be really helpful mate if you dont mind if you could photograph the tyre wall with all the data and post here for both front and rear tyres...

Cheers
AO Silver Member

County: Northants
Garage
Quote:
I'm hoping the pilot sports will be OK throughout winter, not as good as winters when the temperatures are very low but they should still stay driveable.
Pilot Sports, or indeed Super Sports should get you through the winter OK. Heavy snow might be an issue but general low temps not so.
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarty156 View Post
Didn't you have the dealer change the wheels?
Now that is a point. The dealer took the wheels and tyres off their demo car that they had registered about a month previously to get them selves off the hook with the car having been taken from another dealer's stock and turning up with wheels that I did not order and did not want...... their stated and preferred option was to send the wheels round the corner for a 'back of a transit' paint job.......

Don.
AO Member

County: North Yorkshire

Member car:

Giulia QF

Quote:
Sottozero 2s or 3s? Last I looked, you could only get one for the front and the other for the back.
Black circles have the Alfa homologted Sottozero 2ís in both sizes.

https://www.blackcircles.com/catalog...=/order/tyres?

https://www.blackcircles.com/catalog...=/order/tyres?

This is probably the route iíll go down for a rural Yorkshire winter. Although the 2 fitting centres that Black Circles use locally are iffy at best, not places that iíll be taking my car.

Iím hoping Kwik Fit Mobile can get them to do on the drive as their local fitter is good, and itís convenient to be able to put the summer tyres straight in the garage.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Giulia QV

Quote:
Attachment 805770

You can't really see the bulge in the pic. It's not horrible but definitely looks different.
sounds like an internet dating pic quote!
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Giulia QV

Quote:
the 2's. there on openeo.

are we all certain they are alfa homogulated?

if so i think will go down that route.

my old man is getting quotes on all 3 i listed from his independent tyre merchant to see if they can better the online boys.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa Giulia

Tags
quadrifoglio , tyres

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page